Windows 10: Auto play open folder function not displaying in Windows 11

Discus and support Auto play open folder function not displaying in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Odd little issue has popped up in Windows 11. I have "open folder to view files" set for removable drives. Yet when I plug in a USB drive, the folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TerryReagan, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Auto play open folder function not displaying in Windows 11

Odd little issue has popped up in Windows 11. I have "open folder to view files" set for removable drives. Yet when I plug in a USB drive, the folder is not opening. I need to navigate in File Explorer to the drive to open it. Any way to correct this? Thanks!

:)

TerryReagan, Nov 20, 2021

2. w10 auto play dead

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn on auto play for DVD and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”.
    • Go to “Control panel”.
    • Click on “auto play”.
    • Under the tab “choose what happens when you insert each type of media or device” check the box “Use auto play for all media and devices”.
    • Then under the option DVD you can select the appropriate option and check if it helps.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 20, 2021
  3. How to open the File Explorer automatically as soon as the hard drive is plugged in.

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Type Auto play in the search bar and select Auto play.
    • Toggle the button, Auto play for all media and device.
    • Under Removable device choose, Open folder to view Files.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 20, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Auto play open folder function not displaying in Windows 11

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 20, 2021
Thema:

Auto play open folder function not displaying in Windows 11

1. Auto play open folder function not displaying in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Auto play open

2. FOLDER AUTO OPENS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FOLDER AUTO OPENS: When I open an Access Database, the file location folder the location folder where the database is located auto opens a few seconds later. Where is this feature located, so I may turn it off? This only started about two months ago. I have taken my computer to the shop...
  3. FOLDER AUTO OPENS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FOLDER AUTO OPENS: When I open an Access Database, the file location folder the location folder where the database is located auto opens a few seconds later. Where is this feature located, so I may turn it off? This only started about two months ago. I have taken my computer to the shop...
  4. Windows 11 Screensaver / Display Sleep functions not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Screensaver / Display Sleep functions not working: A few weeks ago, I can't remember exactly when it occurred my screensaver and display sleep functions just completely stopped working. I have tried every trick in the book. I have updated my BIOS and chipset drivers. Powercfg -requests shows an audio stream running from...
  5. auto play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    auto play: I am trying to stop the photo app from opening when I download an image. I have turned auto play off, have set defaults to tkae no action, and have restored default settings for auto play. App still opens every time??...
  6. auto play

auto play: I am trying to stop the photo app from opening when I download an image. I have turned auto play off, have set defaults to tkae no action, and have restored default settings for auto play. App still opens every time??...
  7. Auto play open folder function not displaying in Windows 11

Auto play open folder function not displaying in Windows 11: Odd little issue has popped up in Windows 11. I have "open folder to view files" set for removable drives. Yet when I plug in a USB drive, the folder is not opening. I need to navigate in File Explorer to the drive to open it. Any way to correct this? Thanks!...
  8. USB no longer auto-opens to display contents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB no longer auto-opens to display contents: Before v2004, one had to change 9e to 91 in the DWORD of 'NoDriveTypeAutoRun' in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer, as well as the appropriate settings in Control Panel's Autoplay, to get USB's to open in File Explorer. That no longer works -...
  9. open folder display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    open folder display: I use windows 10. when I open a folder, I used to see 2 parts, separated by a movable handle. The left side showed all the devices and recently used folders, the right side showed what's in the currently open folder. Now, the left side is very narrow panel 1/4 " in width....
  10. auto play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    auto play: How do I get auto play to work. It's turned on but when I try to play a video on my BD E it won't play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-play/04c64a44-226c-4b5f-b3bf-13319f8ca64b