Auto recognition of headphone in Windows 10

Discus and support Auto recognition of headphone in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I can make default either speaker or headphone for listening sound. In windows 8.1, I used to get a message whenever I insert headphone, Whether... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lvgandhi, Aug 8, 2015.

1. lvgandhi Win User

I can make default either speaker or headphone for listening sound. In windows 8.1, I used to get a message whenever I insert headphone, Whether headphone or mic as my socket is integrated for mic or headphone. If I select headphone, I can listen to sound. How to get it back. My machine is ASUS S400CA with VIA drivers.

:)

lvgandhi, Aug 8, 2015
  2. SueForbes1 Win User

Logitech Headphones not Working

I inserted my LogiTech headphones in to the USB port and the sound is coming out of the laptop. There is microphone recognition, but I can't hear anything through the headphones. Please help.

Moved from: [Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate]

SueForbes1, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Bri C Win User
    Headphones are not being auto detected on Asus G75VW

Hi,

Headphones are not being auto detected on Asus G75VW.

In order to switch between having sound come out of the speakers or headphones, I have switch them as the default device manually every time.

Before upgrading to Windows 10, headphones were auto detected when plugged in.

I did get the most recent drivers from VIA through Windows Update and it didn't fix the issue.

Thanks.

Bri C, Aug 8, 2015
  4. logicearth Win User

You install the drivers for your sound card whatever it may be. The functionality you speak of was a function of those drivers not of Windows.

logicearth, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

Auto recognition of headphone in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Auto recognition headphone

1. sql server service could not start after auto update windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    sql server service could not start after auto update windows 10: Hi sir I have an issue in my local PC after auto update windows 10, Ms SQL Server 2014 could not be started. and I have checked server, service could not be started. Error Message is windows could not start sql server(sqlexpress) service on lodal computererror 1053 the...
  2. 0x0000001e Windows 10 blue screen error and auto restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0x0000001e Windows 10 blue screen error and auto restart: I installed win10 to my new computer. But it often unpredictably jump into blue screen error and auto restart.(didn't run any heavy load program). The error code is as follow, Does anyone know what's the problem and how to solve it? THX 0x0000001e (0xffffffffc0000005,...
  3. Windows 10 blue screen error and auto restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 blue screen error and auto restart: I installed win10 to my new computer. But it often unpredictably jump into blue screen error and auto restart.(didn't run any heavy load program). The error code is as follow, Does anyone know what's the problem and how to solve it? THX 0x0000001e (0xffffffffc0000005,...
  4. Microsoft Edge will block auto-playing media in Windows 10 Redstone 5

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge will block auto-playing media in Windows 10 Redstone 5: Microsoft’s Edge browser is way behind in terms of user base. But that isn’t because it is bad. It is because Google Chrome has been here for around 10 years and Edge is just new to the game. Microsoft adds new features to Edge with every major Windows 10 update. One new...
  5. Microsoft Edge WebDriver capabilities, W3C support, and auto updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge WebDriver capabilities, W3C support, and auto updates: Just last week, the WebDriver specification officially became a W3C Recommendation, defining a standard way for web developers and browser engineers to automate the browser. This is a major step forward for web site and web app testing, as well as cross-browser...
  6. Windows will auto connect to WiFi after a 1 minute delay from sys boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows will auto connect to WiFi after a 1 minute delay from sys boot: Since I updated Windows to April 2018 version 1803, an annoying behavior started happening. Whenever Windows start, instead of instantly auto connecting to my home wireless network, it takes 65 to 70 seconds to do so. There is no error message, the wifi adapter is instantly...
  7. Stop Windows Auto Deleting Thumbnail Cache

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stop Windows Auto Deleting Thumbnail Cache: "Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10 - How to Stop Windows Auto Deleting the Thumbnail Cache" Updated June 2018 "Revised" I will first explain in a nut shell what I have did in this order to stop the thumbnail cache from being deleted. But, it might be possible to just take...