Windows 10: Auto recognition of headphone in Windows 10

Discus and support Auto recognition of headphone in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can make default either speaker or headphone for listening sound. In windows 8.1, I used to get a message whenever I insert headphone, Whether... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lvgandhi, Aug 7, 2015.

1. lvgandhi Win User

Auto recognition of headphone in Windows 10

I can make default either speaker or headphone for listening sound. In windows 8.1, I used to get a message whenever I insert headphone, Whether headphone or mic as my socket is integrated for mic or headphone. If I select headphone, I can listen to sound. How to get it back. My machine is ASUS S400CA with VIA drivers.

:)

lvgandhi, Aug 7, 2015
  2. SueForbes1 Win User

Logitech Headphones not Working

I inserted my LogiTech headphones in to the USB port and the sound is coming out of the laptop. There is microphone recognition, but I can't hear anything through the headphones. Please help.

Moved from: [Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate]

SueForbes1, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Bri C Win User
    Headphones are not being auto detected on Asus G75VW

Hi,

Headphones are not being auto detected on Asus G75VW.

In order to switch between having sound come out of the speakers or headphones, I have switch them as the default device manually every time.

Before upgrading to Windows 10, headphones were auto detected when plugged in.

I did get the most recent drivers from VIA through Windows Update and it didn't fix the issue.

Thanks.

Bri C, Aug 7, 2015
  4. logicearth Win User

You install the drivers for your sound card whatever it may be. The functionality you speak of was a function of those drivers not of Windows.

logicearth, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

1. Auto recognition of headphone in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Auto recognition headphone

2. Microphone Recognition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Recognition: For awhile I was using Audio-Technica AT2020 microphone using an XLR to 3.5 mm cable on my Windows 10 Desktop to talk with friends with various programs, namely Twitch, Discord, and Skype. Worked great for a few months, then one day while moving some things around I unplugged...
  3. Voice Recognition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Voice Recognition: Hi I am unable to use windows voice recognition. I am in Australia. The program will not open because my interface language is different to the voice recognition system, and I am instructed to change this under advanced options. However I cannot get to advanced options....
  4. Windows 10 Speech Recognition Training Is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Speech Recognition Training Is not working: I am trying to set up voice recognition for a program I purchased called voice attack. I followed instructions and I have gotten to a Speech Recognition Voice training window. I did the entire thing once, and it completely failed. It could not recognize a single word I said,...
  5. Win 10 Speech Recognition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Speech Recognition: I have trained it 4 times, about 5 minutes each. It still return rubbish to my dictation. In fact it doesn't even recognize Start Listening, no matter how many times I try, speaking, shouting, whispering...nothing works. I hope someone can show me before I post 100 posts with...
  6. Windows speech recognition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows speech recognition: Windows speech recognition, on Windows 10, won't start up from control panel. The only way to get it to start is rebooting my system. Anyway to fix this?...
  7. Windows Speech Recognition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Speech Recognition: I ran a Mal ware program and restarted my computer. It did not start my Windows Speech Recognition App. I got this message. "Speech Recognition could not start the language configuration is not supported. The recognizer language must match the language of the user interface....
  8. Playback Devices/Headphones and Speakers Auto Switching?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Playback Devices/Headphones and Speakers Auto Switching?: Is there a way to set speakers and headphones to switch back and forth automatically like Windows7 did? See also: plug my headphones in...headphones work. Unplug my headphones...speakers work...without having to right click the speaker and manually set what I'm using every...
  9. Optical Character Recognition (OCR) for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Optical Character Recognition (OCR) for Windows 10: Optical Character Recognition (OCR) is part of the Universal Windows Platform (UWP), which means that it can be used in all apps targeting Windows 10. With OCR you can extract text and text layout information from images. It’s designed to handle various types of images, from...
  10. Windows 10 Face Recognition bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Face Recognition bug: I setup Windows HELLO facial recognition sign on. Interesting - If I point the laptop screen away from me (no face in front of camera) hit the ENTER key - I am allowed access into Windows 10 ... Just like if I used my password, PIN or Face??? Is there a bug fix out there...