Windows 10: Auto Recovery is stuck in a loop after installing visual studio pro

Discus and support Auto Recovery is stuck in a loop after installing visual studio pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently installed visual studio pro on my windows 10 lenovo laptop, after installing I was prompted to restart my laptop for the program to finish... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fd118, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Fd118 Win User

Auto Recovery is stuck in a loop after installing visual studio pro

I recently installed visual studio pro on my windows 10 lenovo laptop, after installing I was prompted to restart my laptop for the program to finish installing. After restarting I on the boot up loading screen it says preparing auto repair, followed by diagnosing your pc. The repair never works and I arrive at the advanced settings menu. I do not have any kind of recovery DVD or usb.

I have tried system restore for the 3 available points I could restore from, startup repair, go back to previous version, none of them work. I also tried various actions in command prompt like disabling recovery, none of them worked. Resetting does not work, neither do startup options like safe mode, turning off anti malware, and turning off auto restart. I feel like I have tried every option and nothing works.

Are there any solutions in command prompt or other settings that can fix this issue?

:)

Fd118, Jan 24, 2019
  2. Fd118 Win User

I recently installed visual studio pro on my windows 10 lenovo laptop, after installing I was prompted to restart my laptop for the program to finish installing. After restarting I on the boot up loading screen it says preparing auto repair, followed by
    diagnosing your pc. The repair never works and I arrive at the advanced settings menu. I do not have any kind of recovery DVD or usb.

I have tried system restore for the 3 available points I could restore from, startup repair, go back to previous version, none of them work. I also tried various actions in command prompt like disabling recovery, none of them worked. Resetting does not work,
    neither do startup options like safe mode, turning off anti malware, and turning off auto restart. I feel like I have tried every option and nothing works.

Are there any solutions in command prompt or other settings that can fix this issue?

Fd118, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Cannot install Visual Studio 2017 Framework.

Hello everybody,

After I refreshed my PC, I had to get back all of my software. To this day two pieces of software still need installing, Visual Studio, which I haven't tried installing yet and OBS Studio, which I've tried so much. OBS Studio requires the Visual Studio 2017
    Framework (Runtimes) which is stuck on step: Windows81_x64. Can someone please help me?

Lilia Lang, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Supporting JUnit 5 in Visual Studio Code

Source: Supporting JUnit 5 in Visual Studio Code | The Visual Studio Blog

Brink, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Auto Recovery is stuck in a loop after installing visual studio pro - Similar Threads - Auto Recovery stuck

2. Can’t install Visual Studio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t install Visual Studio: Good evening to the community,I am currently trying to install Visual Studio Community 2022 on a Windows 10 Enterprise machine. It is running the newest version of Windows. When trying to install it from the Microsoft Store it says that my organization used Windows App...
  3. Microsoft Visual Studio Installer Stuck

Microsoft Visual Studio Installer Stuck: my microsoft visual studio installer is stuck at this stage. i used to have it earlier but then i had deleted it long time back. now when i go to the installer website it downloaded the file but when i click on it i gt stuck on thisimage shared below. i have tried to...
  4. Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 stuck on installation at 98%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 stuck on installation at 98%: Started installation over 2 hours ago. Main log file has shown no activity for over 1 hour. Stuck at 98% on Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 preparation. Don't want to cancel as it'll delete everything that has been installed so far. Has used up 30 gigs of the system drive for...
  5. Installation of visual studio.

Installation of visual studio.: Please someone ask me how to install visual studio. And prepare it for c/c++ Programming. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-of-visual-studio/b2351f20-7e97-44c7-81dd-655150b1e976
  6. Installing Visual Studio triggers BSOD and stuck at 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Installing Visual Studio triggers BSOD and stuck at 100%: [IMG] I was installing VS enterprise 2017 it triggered bsod and now stuck at this blue screen for hours. That happened before as well when ever I try to install VS its triggering BSOD before I forced to restart then I had to reinstall windows. Now I af afraid of force...
  7. Visual Studio 2017 Will NOT Open After Installation

Visual Studio 2017 Will NOT Open After Installation: I downloaded VS 2017 Community, however, when I try to launch it it doesn't open. I googled this and tried uninstalling it, repairing it, running as Administrator, I even tried using CMD and executing commands like "devenv.exe/ResetSettings" "devenv.exe/Setup"...
  8. Visual Studio 2017 Will NOT Open After Installation

Visual Studio 2017 Will NOT Open After Installation: I downloaded VS 2017 Community, however, when I try to launch it it doesn't open. I googled this and tried uninstalling it, repairing it, running as Administrator, I even tried using CMD and executing commands like "devenv.exe/ResetSettings" "devenv.exe/Setup"...
  9. Visual Studio Installer

Visual Studio Installer: I noticed this after clicked Visual Studio Installer on screen that is taking forever. Is that normal for this " fetching your files " So far already have 1.67 MB downloading of 67.25 MB. Is there another way to install quicker than this. More likely will see this a whole day...
  10. bsod's after installation visual studio express

bsod's after installation visual studio express: On windows 10 after the installation of visual studio express called community 2015 I got regurarly a bsod when I logged in my sleeping laptop.How is this possible?Because visual studio is a user mode application. my minidump directory is empty: I have the impression the...