Windows 10: Auto-refresh in whatever program I am at

Discus and support Auto-refresh in whatever program I am at in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have noticed for a long time that my laptop would automatically refresh (be on a permanent f5) all the time. It would be gone if I restart the pc and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jedvincent, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Auto-refresh in whatever program I am at

I have noticed for a long time that my laptop would automatically refresh (be on a permanent f5) all the time. It would be gone if I restart the pc and may also be gone if I tap several buttons but would eventually return after a few minutes of inactivity. Along with the above mentioned problem, there would also be loss of f5 key function and recently, pressing the n,m, and spacebar buttons would also refresh my pc.

I have tried using the on-screen keyboard and it would also refresh if I click n,m, or spacebar.

Anybody experiences the same issue? I am not sure if it is caused by a program since I tried before a clean install and problem would still persist.

laptop specs: HP 14-r024tx Notebook PC Product Specifications | HP(R) Customer Support

:)

jedvincent, Mar 23, 2017

2. My desktop getting refresh automatically after Windows 10 update

I am receiving same error on desktop for auto-refreshing. the link provided is not opening

daudquasim, Mar 23, 2017
  3. What does refresh option in desktop do?

Hi Kamal,

Windows refresh does nothing to the Windows system or RAM. It is meant to refresh your Windows desktop. It has been programmed to auto-refresh when Windows desktop contents change.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Justine Pel, Mar 23, 2017
  4. Auto-refresh in whatever program I am at

Caledon Ken, Mar 24, 2017
  5. Thank you.

I just did a clean install of Windows 10. It is back to its old problem where the F5 button does not function while the laptop continuously refreshes. Certain key bindings do not work also such as R Shift + W however the keys mentioned would function well individually. Sometimes, a restart would solve the problem however it would just eventually come back.

jedvincent, Mar 27, 2017
  6. If you did a clean install and this started before you installed other programs I think, and you will need other opinions, your keyboard is a little fried.

To try to prove this, and I'm not sure its the best test, I would get an external keyboard. Reboot and do not touch laptop keyboard or touchpad. Use the external keyboard and mouse. If the problem doesn't re-appear I think your safe in assuming keyboard has seen better days.

Keyboards are replaceable and depending on your skill set a job you can do yourself.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Auto-refresh in whatever program I am at

1. Auto-refresh in whatever program I am at - Similar Threads - Auto refresh whatever

2. Windows Explorer stops auto refreshing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer stops auto refreshing: Sometimes Windows Explorer stops auto refreshing randomly for no reason. I must press F5 everytime i made changes, quite annoying. Restarting all Explorer.exe processes from task manager solved it, but the problem comes back again later Do anyone know what caused this...
  3. File Explorer not auto-refreshing

File Explorer not auto-refreshing: I am doing some data entry work tagging and sorting a large volume of documents, but every time I am done with a document, I need to manually refresh the folder to see it placed in its new position. While this normally would be a quick and mundane task, I need to...
  4. File Explorer not auto-refreshing

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer not auto-refreshing: I am doing some data entry work tagging and sorting a large volume of documents, but every time I am done with a document, I need to manually refresh the folder to see it placed in its new position. While this normally would be a quick and mundane task, I need to...
  5. Whatever that is

Whatever that is: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/theoware [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6hgmn/whatever_that_is/
  6. Auto refresh

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto refresh: Hi i am hoping you can help. Basically at work we have what i believe is a cerridge system to book cars in on a digital diary. What i want to do is have the digital diary up on screen for the techs to see what to do. As an example if on Saturday i have booked a job from...
  7. How to auto refresh Edge Canary

in Browsers and Email
    How to auto refresh Edge Canary: Good morning all I would like to auto refresh a webcam page every 5 minutes or so. Is there any way to accomplish that in Edge Canary ? 145929
  8. Program specific auto refresh rate

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Program specific auto refresh rate: I'd like to know if it's at all possible to have some form of automation with launching a specific program that will change the monitor's refresh rate to a desired one for a specific app/program I have my monitor's refresh rate OC'd to 75hz from 60hz but when I'm not playing...
  9. I am confused about HDD’s-Sync, Clone or whatever?

in Windows 10 Support
    I am confused about HDD’s-Sync, Clone or whatever?: After updating 4 PC’s to Win 10 PRO my ancient brain is stigmatized! One of the computers died because of my brain malfunctioning, so I have a spare 320GB HDD which is a MBR clone of another one, unfortunatly it is not bootable because I forgot what I justfinished reading....
  10. Desktop doesn't auto-refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop doesn't auto-refresh: Hello. Since I installed Windows 10 when it was released, every now and then my desktop doesn't refresh to include new items I've added. If I want them to show up, I need to press F5. Now, I've found something about changing a registry key (DontRefresh), but I can't find it,...