Windows 10: Auto-refresh on file explorer when desktop backgrounds are changed.

Discus and support Auto-refresh on file explorer when desktop backgrounds are changed. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The title basically says it all, I thought this was happening because of software on the computer, but I realized that it happens when wallpapers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by p3nryn, Jan 25, 2019.

1. p3nryn Win User

Auto-refresh on file explorer when desktop backgrounds are changed.

The title basically says it all, I thought this was happening because of software on the computer, but I realized that it happens when wallpapers change automatically or when you right click and select "Next desktop background".

It's something annoying mostly when you have a lot of files on a specific folder and it only happens only in the moment that the background changes, any suggestions or solutions?

Thanks!

:)

p3nryn, Jan 25, 2019

2. Auto refreshing in Windows 10 file explorer in every two second

You probably have Desktop Slideshow enabled (and set to change in seconds) and "Automatically pick an accent color from my background". The combo of these two settings cause folders to refresh every time the wallpaper changes. Either increase the Desktop
    Slideshow wallpaper change frequency, or disable the accent color setting.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...-auto-refresh-file-explorer-windows-10-a.html

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Matazel Win User
    Windows explorer fails to auto-refresh after file operations

Windows explorer fails to auto-refresh after file operations
    Windows 10

After file operations, rename, delete, etc., the file manager fails to update itself. After each operation I must press F5 to update the file list in file manager. sfc - did not found any violations.

Matazel, Jan 25, 2019
  4. Try3 Win User

Windows Explorer refuses to refresh Explorer

Masterchef,

I have had this problem and so have lots of other people. None of the suggested solutions I found on the internet had anything other than a temporary effect. The problem eventually went away of its own accord but still rears its ugly head from time to time. I only kept a few links on the subject -
    Desktop or Explorer does not refresh automatically in Windows
    Windows Explorer doesn't refresh by itself - Microsoft Community
    windows file list does not auto refresh-update - Microsoft Answers [Windows 7]
    Windows Explorer doesn't refresh when moving-deleting - TechNet [Windows 7]

When the problem reappears, I restart the computer. If that does not resolve matters then I accept the situation and don't waste my time chasing non-solutions. You might wish to consider adopting the same approach.

All the best,
    Denis

Thema:

1. Auto-refresh on file explorer when desktop backgrounds are changed. - Similar Threads - Auto refresh file

2. Windows file explorer auto refresh not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows file explorer auto refresh not working: When I save or delete files from folders they don't appear until I manually hit F5 to see the changes. Not sure why it's not auto refreshing the folders anymore?...
  3. Windows file explorer auto refresh not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows file explorer auto refresh not working: When I save or delete files from folders they don't appear until I manually hit F5 to see the changes. Not sure why it's not auto refreshing the folders anymore?...
  4. Windows file explorer auto refresh not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. File Explorer not auto-refreshing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer not auto-refreshing: I am doing some data entry work tagging and sorting a large volume of documents, but every time I am done with a document, I need to manually refresh the folder to see it placed in its new position. While this normally would be a quick and mundane task, I need to...
  6. File Explorer not auto-refreshing

File Explorer not auto-refreshing: I am doing some data entry work tagging and sorting a large volume of documents, but every time I am done with a document, I need to manually refresh the folder to see it placed in its new position. While this normally would be a quick and mundane task, I need to...
  7. File Explorer automatically scrolls to the top of the page when desktop background changes

File Explorer automatically scrolls to the top of the page when desktop background changes: I have a slideshow of my iCloud photos as my desktop background on all five of my Windows PCs. I also have the "Pick accent color from background" enabled, which from what I have read might be the cause of it. Once the accent color changes with the slideshow File Explorer...
  8. Change File Explorer Background

Change File Explorer Background: Hi all, I just recently upgraded my version of Windows 10 to 1809, where Microsoft introduced the dark theme for File Explorer. I'm gonna be honest, it looks terrible. I might be just not used to it, but I want it back to the white background. I'm aware I can change the...
  9. Everytime background changes, explorer will automatically refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Everytime background changes, explorer will automatically refresh: Not sure if this is the right place to ask but i have some problems with windows 10 since upgrade (I've had this problem since earlier build). Everytime background changes, explorer will automatically refresh (or so i think) For example, my i'm initially at the bottom of a...
  10. Desktop doesn't auto-refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop doesn't auto-refresh: Hello. Since I installed Windows 10 when it was released, every now and then my desktop doesn't refresh to include new items I've added. If I want them to show up, I need to press F5. Now, I've found something about changing a registry key (DontRefresh), but I can't find it,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer autorefresh

2. auto refresh file explorer in windows 10

3. auto refresh windows 10 explorer