Windows 10: Auto-Relocating Batch File

Discus and support Auto-Relocating Batch File in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How would I make a batch file relocate itself to a different folder when it is opened? submitted by /u/FunnyGuy9796 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FunnyGuy9796, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Auto-Relocating Batch File

How would I make a batch file relocate itself to a different folder when it is opened?

submitted by /u/FunnyGuy9796
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FunnyGuy9796, Mar 4, 2021
  2. oily_17 Win User

Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Batch Files Knowledge Base

Very nice and usefull thanks for contributing.

AphexDreamer, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Steevo Win User

Auto-Relocating Batch File

Batch file to ping network

No, batch files are extremely easy.

A "If" requires three extra steps.

Code is not how much you can put in, but how lite can you make it and still perform the functions.

So

@ echo off

ping 1.4.1.4 >a.txt

findstr /m "Request timed out" a.txt
    if %errorlevel%%==0 (
    echo Save our nets!!!
    )

pause

Steevo, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Auto-Relocating Batch File

1. Auto-Relocating Batch File - Similar Threads - Auto Relocating Batch

2. batch rename files

in Windows 10 Support
    batch rename files: hello, id like to remove characters in file names... using cmd, ive been able to remove "." (the dot) and replace it with a space and but hopefully keep the extention id like bou.bou.bou.txt to be renamed to bou bou bou.txt i tried : ren *.*.??? * *.??? obviously i want to...
  3. Batch File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Batch File: I am trying to make a log for a operating system i made in batch. I used the command: echo text>file.txt but it just kept on replacing the previous text. Is there a way to stop this and if there is please send how to fix it. Glowing Regards, Heja A. Programmer for...
  4. Create batch files with Batch?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create batch files with Batch?: How to create Batch and VBS files with Batch? So I write a batch file which I then convert to exe that creates new folders in a certain directory and then creates batch and VBS files with a certain content and saves them in the created folder. So it's similar to a program...
  5. Batch Files

Batch Files: I want to make a batch file that will copy a specific folder from my USB stick to a folder on C:\ I want to know if it's possible to make a batch file that will take the folder from my USB drive no matter what the drive's letter is....
  6. Batch File

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch File: I need a batch file to create a folder with sub folders. The sub folders will be named the current date, they will go in a folder on c drive. For example we can call the folder test and it would be in documents on c drive. Every time we run the batch file it would create a...
  7. Batch Files

Batch Files: I cannot remember how to open a FILE browser in batch, i was trying to create something were it opens a file browser, and the file you click on, gets deleted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-files/335a0e0d-62b0-4615-b303-4a7bb548cc6c"
  8. batch file

batch file: I want a BAT file to be executed when a USB plugged in to the PC. How can I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-file/1af5ec02-b6c8-4916-959b-ed0327a964e7"
  9. Batch File Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Batch File Help: I've never dabbled much in batch files, as I've usually been able to find pre-made ones to do what I wanted. We have an application that handles user data backups. It has three services, and at times, one or two of the three don't start automatically. If you stop and start...
  10. Creating Batch File to auto-set shortcuts, download/install programs.

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating Batch File to auto-set shortcuts, download/install programs.: Hello All, My current employer has AD Roaming Profiles turned off due to sync issues between DC1 and DC2. Since I am not an admin on the network I'm unable to do this from an admin point, but I do have full control in my AD Profile. Due to roaming profile being turned...