Windows 10: Auto Rename

Discus and support Auto Rename in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; transferring images around and get the generic "there is already a file with that name" error thingy. basically way to solve it is in this video(1:30... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KoopaTheTurtle, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Auto Rename

transferring images around and get the generic "there is already a file with that name" error thingy. basically way to solve it is in this video(1:30 long). is there a way I can automatically set it so by default it will always do the "keep both files but rename one" option? It seems to sometimes do it but majority of the time it wont

submitted by /u/KoopaTheTurtle
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KoopaTheTurtle, Sep 23, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 23, 2020
  3. amd5750m Win User
    rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

amd5750m, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Auto Rename

Renaming the Computer...

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to rename the computer name as below and check if the issue persists.

Here’s how to rename the computer on Windows 10:

• Click on the Search icon in the taskbar Search icon;
    • Search Rename this computer and click on the result;
    • Click Change;
    • Rename the computer and then click OK to save.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Auto Rename

1. Auto Rename - Similar Threads - Auto Rename

2. Is there a way to auto rename files when saving down?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to auto rename files when saving down?: If I have a folder named ABLG. And ive saved down files in this folder as ABLG_1 sequentially. I am tired of manually renaming files to the next sequential when i save them down. Is there a way to just save a file to this folder and gave windows auto rename the file to the...
  3. W11Ent_X64 no longer auto-renaming saved from the web files with same name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11Ent_X64 no longer auto-renaming saved from the web files with same name.: Hail all:Yet ANOTHER issue, which I have been unsuccessfully hunting to find a solution for, for LONG time.W11Ent_x64 V22h2 Build 2261.3007Fully up-to-date.When saving pictures from the web with the same name, these no longer get auto-renamed with a sequential number.It USED...
  4. W11Ent_X64 no longer auto-renaming saved from the web files with same name.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W11Ent_X64 no longer auto-renaming saved from the web files with same name.: Hail all:Yet ANOTHER issue, which I have been unsuccessfully hunting to find a solution for, for LONG time.W11Ent_x64 V22h2 Build 2261.3007Fully up-to-date.When saving pictures from the web with the same name, these no longer get auto-renamed with a sequential number.It USED...
  5. File Explorer. Auto Snap to new renamed folder location?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer. Auto Snap to new renamed folder location?: I have a large Folder with lots of Sub-Folers. When I create and then rename a New folder in File Explorer, the file jumps to the alphabetical position it should be located and disappears from within the window I have open and I then have to scroll up or down until I find it....
  6. File Explorer. Auto Snap to new renamed folder location?

File Explorer. Auto Snap to new renamed folder location?: I have a large Folder with lots of Sub-Folers. When I create and then rename a New folder in File Explorer, the file jumps to the alphabetical position it should be located and disappears from within the window I have open and I then have to scroll up or down until I find it....
  7. Windows/explorer Auto Re-select When Renaming Files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows/explorer Auto Re-select When Renaming Files.: When I'm modifying file names, in the middle of typing, the Windows/explorer will autoselect all the names. For instance, when I'm deleting certain word, it will reselect all the names and then all will be deleted. This is so annoying.To make sure auto-reselecting is not...
  8. Windows/explorer Auto Re-select When Renaming Files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows/explorer Auto Re-select When Renaming Files.: When I'm modifying file names, in the middle of typing, the Windows/explorer will autoselect all the names. For instance, when I'm deleting certain word, it will reselect all the names and then all will be deleted. This is so annoying.To make sure auto-reselecting is not...
  9. Windows/explorer Auto Re-select When Renaming Files.

10. AUTO DUPLICATED AND RENAMED FILE IN WINDOWS SHARING FILE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AUTO DUPLICATED AND RENAMED FILE IN WINDOWS SHARING FILE: Hallo. I have an issue with my file in sharing folder. the file keep auto duplicate and renamed to the new file with version in the last name "1"example : sh01.blend duplicate and renamed to sh01 01.blendwhy is this happen and how do i stop this automatic file versioning...