Windows 10: Auto repair loop and unable to reinstall

Discus and support Auto repair loop and unable to reinstall in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 tower that I left on over night, i sometimes do that, and the next morning I woke up to it giving me the auto repair loop. Nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RavenCore, May 13, 2019.

1. RavenCore Win User

Auto repair loop and unable to reinstall

I have a windows 10 tower that I left on over night, i sometimes do that, and the next morning I woke up to it giving me the auto repair loop. Nothing in the menu under "troubleshoot". I put all the DVD files onto flash drives (no DVD drive on my computer) and then gave up and tried to reinstall windows.

When I try to do so I get this message: "The computer started using the windows installation media. Remove the installation media and restart your computer so that windows starts normally. Then, insert the installation media and restart the upgrade."

I have no idea what this means apparently. I did as it said, to remove the media. Whenever I try to restart in any way I get the warning "closing this window will cancel the installation" or I just shut it down by going through the "repair" option and by the hard shut down (holding the power button). None of these options allow me to reinstall.

Someone please save my sanity.

Ps. I took IT in collage and I get the lingo or can look up what I don't know, and understand it. Throw your best at me. I'm ready to torch my hard drive.

:)

RavenCore, May 13, 2019

2. Stuck in auto repair loop

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If the screen is stuck for a long time on auto repair, I suggest you to restart the computer using power button and check. If the issue still persist, I suggest you to check if you are able to boot the computer into Safe Mode environment and check.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.

• Select an option to “Safe mode with networking” using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the Windows Advanced Options menu
      appears, and then press ENTER.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 13, 2019
  3. GaryHoude Win User
    Auto REpair loop

Also the fix I tried was titled with the Auto Repair loop for windows 8 it instructed me to get to the command prompt and enter "chkdsk/r c through f

GaryHoude, May 13, 2019
  4. Auto repair loop and unable to reinstall

Windows10 auto repair loop

I can not get it off the auto repair loop and i only have 1 laptop and no ubs sticks or the other thing that was on the fix thing

brettWhite2, May 13, 2019
Thema:

Auto repair loop and unable to reinstall

1. Auto repair loop and unable to reinstall - Similar Threads - Auto repair loop

2. Windows 10 auto repair loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 auto repair loop: Dell laptop with windows 10 stuck in automatic repair loop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-auto-repair-loop/9f5df540-bfb0-4d8b-aa7e-bca7a622c96e
  3. Failed windows update. Stuck in an auto repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed windows update. Stuck in an auto repair loop: Windows updated fine while logging off. But upon logging back in. Windows gave me and error and said it was undoing changes. Once it was complete it restarted and.. Failed to update and undid changes again. So on so on So I activated windows automatic repair, and proceeded...
  4. Auto Repair

Auto Repair: Hello guy to day i logged into my laptop and auto repair won't stop coming up, and whenever i try to go to advanced settings the screen goes blue and Freezes. Need help if anyone has some time thx...
  5. Stuck in Auto Repair Loop

Stuck in Auto Repair Loop: Man, I need help with this one. I was playing a game when the system unexpectedly froze, and rebooted. It got stuck half way through the reboot process, so I hit the Reset switch on the front panel. It got stuck half way through the reboot process again, so I held the...
  6. Unable to Perform Auto Repair - No account Password

Unable to Perform Auto Repair - No account Password: Hi, Is there any option to retrieve my Microsoft account password history in order to perform a troubleshooting/recovery of my Windows 10? I forgot my password and after the reset there is no option to use it on the failed PC since it's offline. If there is no option, I'm...
  7. Stuck on Auto repair loop

Stuck on Auto repair loop: I’ve had my laptop for about 6 or 7 years. A Dell Inspiron 3520, It worked perfecly fine, has never given me a problem until last September(2017) I was about to shut it down and it asked me for a system update, I clicked cancel and turned it off so i would do it the next day....
  8. Windows 10 Auto Repair Loop

Windows 10 Auto Repair Loop: Help: My PC started into an "Auto Repair loop" where I can't get it to stop or allow me to even get to a position for safe mode. I upgraded to Window 10 making the ISO Disk suggested and recorded my product key for potential future use. When I boot from the disk, the...
  9. Automatic Repair Loop and Cannot Reinstall

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Automatic Repair Loop and Cannot Reinstall: So my friend's PC just started doing this today. He went to search for something in his computer and got the error "Cortana has encountered a critical error". His PC then restarted and now is in the automatic repair loop. He cannot reinstall... When he goes to tries to Keep...
  10. Surface in Auto repair loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface in Auto repair loop: I know this is the wrong forum but it's about one last try to get my RT out of the Auto repair loop. Nothing works-can't get to a key board to use command prompt or refresh in any way. I have downloaded 3 different repair USB's from Microsoft and nothing even the the...