Windows 10: Auto resize column widths in Windows?

Discus and support Auto resize column widths in Windows? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I know that if I open a folder in W10 there are numer****umn bar, Ctrl +, etc Is there any way of setting this as a default, s****ze when a folder is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ShaunDolphin, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Auto resize column widths in Windows?

I know that if I open a folder in W10 there are numer****umn bar, Ctrl +, etc

Is there any way of setting this as a default, s****ze when a folder is opened?

:)

ShaunDolphin, Jan 15, 2020

2. Column Width in List View in File Explorer

I went through all of the above steps, but sadly this doesn't work when viewing folders in *list* view. Any idea how to adjust the column widths there?

Up until a couple of months ago the column widths were always simply equal to the longest name in the column or the longest name in the folder. Now there is a couple of extra centimetres in there for no discernible reason.

RichLehmann, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Column Width in List View in File Explorer

You can manually adjust the widths for each by placing your mouse cursor on the line separating each detail and you will see a > I or + <, then hold down left mouse button and slide left or right.

Auto resize column widths in Windows? cbabfe73-3c33-4661-8819-714bba632542?upload=true.jpg

seahawks65, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Auto resize column widths in Windows?

Excel column width

Is there an easy way to change the column width on Excel using WP7? I copy files over from my PC where the data fits inside the column width but when I open on WP7 I see "xxxxxxxxx" in the column meaning the data won't fit. I've tried moving columns with
    my fingernail after enlarging the spreadsheet but can't get it to do anything. Is the only approach to make the columns wider on the PC version first?

buzzzqwert, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Auto resize column widths in Windows?

1. Auto resize column widths in Windows? - Similar Threads - Auto resize column

2. Cannot Reduce Windows Explorer Column Widths to Less than 210

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Reduce Windows Explorer Column Widths to Less than 210: Any help?I can't find any answers to this anywhere on the web.Somehow, Windows has defaulted to a minimum width of 210 pixels for EVERY column in Windows Explorer, and I cannot go any lower!My Status column, Size column, etc, are enormous, and I cannot make them any...
  3. auto resizing page

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    auto resizing page: how to i stop my computer from resize my page when i move my finger on the touch pad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-resizing-page/182dee7b-7d64-4818-be61-587b2e5cbf4c
  4. Permanently Changing Column Width in Windows Explorer Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Permanently Changing Column Width in Windows Explorer Search: Hello, I'm a long time dweller and first time poster. I've recently run into an issue where my windows 10 doesn't seem to remember my default column width after each search. In other words, each time I open This PC icon, and type in the upper right hand corner to do a search...
  5. File Explorer Template Column Width

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Template Column Width: How do I change the Documents, Pictures, Music, and View templates? The existing templates are not particularly useful for those of us who use full-size monitors instead of cell phones. For example, the "Name" column in the Documents template is too narrow to be useful on...
  6. explorer lag/slow with column "width" and "height", alternative?

in Windows 10 Support
    explorer lag/slow with column "width" and "height", alternative?: as title suggested, some folders have width and height column to be able to see images max dimension in width and height without having to open it, but it lags and very slow, what to do? 171639
  7. How to set a default column width in windows explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to set a default column width in windows explorer?: Every time I open a folder, the Name column is too narrow and all contents display as "Part of the filenam...". This means navigating through a directory I have to: open > resize > open > resize > open > resize...I would like to set a default column width that is large, say...
  8. How to modify column width for powershell command results

in Windows 10 Support
    How to modify column width for powershell command results: This link displayed a powershell command to view drivers: How to check device driver versions on Windows 10 | Windows Central Windows PowerShell Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Code: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-WmiObject Win32_PnPSignedDriver|...
  9. Resize the width of the taskbar in Windows10

Resize the width of the taskbar in Windows10: How do I resize the width of the taskbar? It takes up 1/3 of the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resize-the-width-of-the-taskbar-in-windows10/c5a5c7e9-4831-40eb-8ee3-341e7847af11
  10. Auto-Define Column Width Dynamically in File Explorer: Size all columns to fit (as a...

Auto-Define Column Width Dynamically in File Explorer: Size all columns to fit (as a...: Size all columns to fit (as a default view). I thought the former question asked was a fairly straight-forward question, especially since I typed the request into Google almost verbatim so of course a) the question was, indeed, straightforward; b) from the fact that there...