Windows 10: Auto restart a computer when the screen is broken!

Discus and support Auto restart a computer when the screen is broken! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So my laptops screen is broken so I can't really do much but it is networked so I CAN access everything on it. My problem is it goes into sleep mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by James Steenbarger, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Auto restart a computer when the screen is broken!

So my laptops screen is broken so I can't really do much but it is networked so I CAN access everything on it. My problem is it goes into sleep mode and won't wake up until I press the power key or whatever. How can I restart it at a certain time by just loading a file onto it. I do have a restart .bat file ready just need to find a way to set it off. Thanks.

:)

James Steenbarger, Sep 11, 2019

2. ANSWERED: Unsolicited Auto Restart

Hi Ralph,

Broken system files, software conflicts, or update incompatibility can cause issues such as encountering blue screen errors and auto-restarts. To isolate this issue, please answer the following questions:

• Aside from the updates, were there other changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you boot your computer in
    safe mode with networking
    and see if the issue still persists. By performing this, we can isolate if there is any third party app that is causing your computer to restart on its own.

In addition, if you will encounter blue screen errors again, you may follow the steps found on this

article
    to resolve it.

We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Sep 11, 2019
  3. auto trivia restart script?

I know everyone is so busy here so I'm suggesting an auto restart script so trivia is a benefit instead of a burden. Can anyone make this script?

vectoravtech, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Auto restart a computer when the screen is broken!

Computer randomly has black screen and restarts

Taco this could be software also. Before you get all crazy, do as Erocker suggested. Find out the error in the Event Viewer. Look for the faulting module and the error code itself. Also check the reliability monitor. At the bottom it will have "View all Error Reports". Post a screen of whats in there if anything.

This could be a simple as a bad driver install.

ALSO have you downloaded or installed anything lately? STAY OUT OF THE DAMN BIOS UNTIL WE KNOW THE ERROR! lol. I know you. Baby steps boy, baby steps.

TheMailMan78, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Auto restart a computer when the screen is broken!

1. Auto restart a computer when the screen is broken! - Similar Threads - Auto restart computer

2. Random Restarts, Auto Restart disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Restarts, Auto Restart disabled: This is far beyond my ability to troubleshoot. Any help very much appreciated! 138340
  3. Random Restarts, Auto Restart disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Restarts, Auto Restart disabled: This is far beyond my ability to troubleshoot. Any help very much appreciated! 138340
  4. Blue Screen Error (Auto Restarting)

Blue Screen Error (Auto Restarting): We have using NAS mapped file server. When we are reading the office files from that drive the system got hanged and restarted suddenly with a blue screen error. In the blue screen we are getting Stop Code: RDR File System, Failed: mrxsmb20.sys Is any solution for this...
  5. broken screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    broken screen: my screen broke! (just the glass not the display) is it something I can replace myself or what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-screen/3d8c2a83-8b5f-4937-945f-9f45518d69f1
  6. Windows Restarts when Screen is Locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Restarts when Screen is Locked: For some reason windows restarts my Dell L attitude laptop when I lock my screen (Window Icon + L) and go to lunch or to a meeting or whatever. There are no pending updates in fact today I restarted in the morning for an update or something, and then this afternoon when I...
  7. Windows 10 issue auto restarting, but nothing displays on screen.

Windows 10 issue auto restarting, but nothing displays on screen.: Windows 10 issue auto restarting, but nothing displays on screen. Last time when i shut it down. The desktop screen was freezed. Then I powered off from power button. Recently I installed updates in September. It was between 21 to 27 september i guess. Anyone please suggest...
  8. Windows 10 blue screen error and auto restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 blue screen error and auto restart: I installed win10 to my new computer. But it often unpredictably jump into blue screen error and auto restart.(didn't run any heavy load program). The error code is as follow, Does anyone know what's the problem and how to solve it? THX 0x0000001e (0xffffffffc0000005,...
  9. Computer Hard Restarts when playing games

Computer Hard Restarts when playing games: My Custom built PC hard resets when I am playing any video game. I am attaching the requested logs and am hoping that someone can assist me with attempting to figure out the issue. I have just replaced my video card to a gtx 1070 to attempt to solve this (it didn't). 86790
  10. auto restart process

in Windows 10 Support
    auto restart process: my problem is that every time my laptop wakes up from sleep my fan control software resets its parameters to default, i need to kill the process and restart it and it will go back to normal. as i see it i need a batch file to auto run every 5 mins or ideally every time the...