Windows 10: Auto restart after installing linux on an external ssd.

Discus and support Auto restart after installing linux on an external ssd. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, Recently I installed kali kinux on an usb 3.0 portable ssd, it booted up perfectly through the boot menu, but after booting back into windows,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by auzhye, May 11, 2020.

1. auzhye Win User

Auto restart after installing linux on an external ssd.

Hello,

Recently I installed kali kinux on an usb 3.0 portable ssd, it booted up perfectly through the boot menu, but after booting back into windows, the 3.0 ports stopped working and everytime I try to turn off my PC, it boots back up. I've tried several things, like changing the "wake on lan" feature to off and turning off fast startup. Is there anything else I could try to do?

:)

auzhye, May 11, 2020

2. auto trivia restart script?

I know everyone is so busy here so I'm suggesting an auto restart script so trivia is a benefit instead of a burden. Can anyone make this script?

vectoravtech, May 11, 2020
  3. Switch to Linux ??

Find a suitable Linux forum and request comments from people who converted from Linux to Windows, in particular on

• Stability
    • Ease of use
    • Availability of external help in case of trouble
    • Availability of applications, games
    • Data exchange with the Windows world

Frederik Long, May 11, 2020
  4. Depth Win User

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, May 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Auto restart after installing linux on an external ssd. - Similar Threads - Auto restart installing

2. Auto restart after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto restart after update: Hello everyoneI am more than fed up with automatic updates and especially the restart that follows !!Each time and despite the hours of activity chosen, I lose all my unsafe work and the current processes that cannot be taken up... !At least I would like that the restart does...
  3. Auto restart after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto restart after update: Hello everyoneI am more than fed up with automatic updates and especially the restart that follows !!Each time and despite the hours of activity chosen, I lose all my unsafe work and the current processes that cannot be taken up... !At least I would like that the restart does...
  4. Auto restart after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. A way to install W10 on a external SSD with Linux on internal SSD?

A way to install W10 on a external SSD with Linux on internal SSD?: Is there a way that wouldn t screw up dual boot? How about the drivers? i have USBC interface on both the laptop and ext SSD. And I want to install W10 on the SSD while having Fedora on the internal SSD. 180379
  6. Computer won't restart with external SSD connected

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer won't restart with external SSD connected: First off... I'd like to apologize in advance for my lack of technical ability. I've been using a Mac for the last decade and understand next to nothing on PC. Anyway... my problem is that my PC won't restart with my Seagate SSD connected to the USB port. I'm running Windows...
  7. How to remove GRUB after installing Linux to external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove GRUB after installing Linux to external hard drive?: submitted by /u/XTroyZe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gnavxb/how_to_remove_grub_after_installing_linux_to/
  8. Clean Install on an External SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean Install on an External SSD: I’m wanting to do a full wipe of my PC and this time have Windows be installed on my external SSD. Is this smart? Should I just have Windows install on my default HDD? If it’s fine, how can I direct Windows to reinstall onto my external SSD when I go through resetting...
  9. Will secure boot stop an installation of linux on an external ?

Will secure boot stop an installation of linux on an external ?: Will secure boot stop an installation of linux on an external ? Was wondering have Ubuntu on my desktop but I have a msi laptop with secure boot looking to install on an external drive to test different distro. Not to familiar with how secure boot will affect the pc trying to...
  10. BSOD after Linux installation (?)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after Linux installation (?): Currently experiencing INACESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE BSOD, there is some history sda is the 275GB SSD drive with only windows sdb is the 3TB HDD drive with only windows (in fact only a NTFS data drive, but with some application installed also, but not Windows) sdc is the 80GB SSD...