Windows 10: auto restart process

Discus and support auto restart process in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; my problem is that every time my laptop wakes up from sleep my fan control software resets its parameters to default, i need to kill the process and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jamos316, Oct 12, 2017.

1. jamos316 Win User

auto restart process

my problem is that every time my laptop wakes up from sleep my fan control software resets its parameters to default, i need to kill the process and restart it and it will go back to normal.

as i see it i need a batch file to auto run every 5 mins or ideally every time the laptop wakes from sleep (if this can be done).
    the batch file needs to kill the fan control program then instantly open the program backup.
    i have very limited knowledge when it comes to batch files and would like help in how to create one with what commands i need.

thanks in advance

james

:)

jamos316, Oct 12, 2017
  2. DanPL Win User

windows 10 operating system can't load on my Dell PC error "inaccessible boot device"

After doing an update for quick books, my Dell PC with windows 10 automatically restarted. I got an error message saying inaccessible boot device and PC restarted again and went to diagnosing your PC and then auto repair auto repair which sugessted I
    restart and the same process began again

DanPL, Oct 12, 2017
  3. Windows 10 task bar won't hide

I only did what you said under processes and it worked. I didn't go under details just processes. Is this a permanent fix?

BillCosner, Oct 12, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

auto restart process

What fan control software? With laptops.....one should never mess with the fan settings due to the heat build up from such a confined space.

Plankton, Oct 12, 2017
  5. jamos316 Win User
    Hwinfo64
    Have been using it for years with no problems. The thing is my hp laptop has fast spinning fans even with no to little use.

jamos316, Oct 12, 2017
  6. Plankton Win User
    I use the same thing.....and no where in there does it make fan speed changes. It's just a monitoring software for temps and speeds among a few others. You'll have to take some screen shots and post them so I can see that.

By default, your laptop fan speed is set to high. Some laptops will let you change the speed fan settings in the BIOS and that's run by the thermal cut off so you don't burn up your CPU.

Plankton, Oct 12, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    According to your specs, you're using Win 8....??

dalchina, Oct 12, 2017
  8. jamos316 Win User

auto restart process

no that's outdated sorry
    the laptop in question is a hp elitebook 2540p running windows 10 64bit

jamos316, Oct 12, 2017
  9. dalchina New Member
    - to which process are you referring?

And what's your CPU usage after you resume? Could you post a screenshot of your task manager?
    To post a screenshot please use the Insert Image icon above your post to the left of the video icon. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 13, 2017
  10. jamos316 Win User
    OK so this is a shot of the default settings that HWINFO64 sets when you first install.
    Screenshot

I changed the numbers so the fan is as quiet as it can be on low cpu usage.
    Screenshot

The only thing I use the laptop for is watching mp4 files and light browsing so my cpu usage is very low at all times.
    I have tested these settings with running movies over a long period and it performs well.

I have also looked at the cpu usage when resuming from sleep and there is hardly any difference. I am convinced that the issue is with the software not keeping the data in memory correctly so you get the default settings when it resumes from sleep. This is why I ask if I can somehow build a script to kill the process and instantly restart so the settings are how I want them.

also note that ive been using this program with older versions of windows and the problem isn't there when I resume from sleep

jamos316, Oct 13, 2017
  11. Plankton Win User
    Mine doesn't show the fan icon and I using version 5.56. So let me update mine and see if the fan icon is added.

Plankton, Oct 13, 2017
  12. jamos316 Win User
    only shows on some models mate. I figured that out ass it doesn't show on my other laptop

jamos316, Oct 13, 2017
  13. lx07 Win User

auto restart process

You can make a batch file like this Code: taskkill /F /IM HWiNFO64.exe start "HWiNFO64" "C:\Users\Hali\Downloads\hw64_558\HWiNFO64.exe"[/quote] Save it somewhere as HWiNFO_restart.bat . You must make the path in red above the same as where you have the HWiNFO64.exe on your system - mine was in downloads.

Then use task scheduler to run it on resume from sleep. From task scheduler click "create new task".

1. On general tab name it and set to run with highest privileges as HWiNFO needs administrator rights.

auto restart process [​IMG]

2. On Trigger tab create a new trigger to launch task when Event ID 1 is received in the Power-Troubleshooter System log (this is resume from sleep)

3. On action tab add a new action to call the bat file (put the path where you saved the bat file)

4. On the conditions untick the "Run only on AC power" if you want.

Nothing to do on the settings tab so you can just click OK to save it.

I've not tested the fan (as I have wrong make of laptop so don't have the option) but it restarts the program OK.

14. jamos316 Win User
    Save it somewhere as HWiNFO_restart.bat . You must make the path in red above the same as where you have the HWiNFO64.exe on your system - mine was in downloads.

Then use task scheduler to run it on resume from sleep. From task scheduler click "create new task".

1. On general tab name it and set to run with highest privileges as HWiNFO needs administrator rights.

2. On Trigger tab create a new trigger to launch task when Event ID 1 is received in the Power-Troubleshooter System log (this is resume from sleep)

3. On action tab put add a new program to run (put the path where you saved the bat file)

4. On the conditions untick the "Run only on AC power" if you want.

Nothing to do on the settings tab so you can just click OK to save it.

I've not tested the fan (as I have wrong make of laptop so don't have the option) but it restarts the program OK.[/quote] Thanks very much, ill give it a try!
    I'm guessing "C:\Users\Hali\Downloads\hw64_558\HWiNFO64.exe" is where your program files are

jamos316, Oct 13, 2017
  15. lx07 Win User
    Yes - it is where I downloaded it (I used the portable version).

Yours will be in "C:\Program Files\Something or other" if you installed it I guess.

Thema:

auto restart process

1. auto restart process - Similar Threads - auto restart process

2. random auto restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    random auto restart: Hi,I have a 500 GB SSD, i7, 16 GB RAM, graphics GTX 1650 Desktop running Windows 11 pro. My computer randomly shuts down and reboots while I am working. I've got the RAM checked, done a sfc scan thru cmd prompt - no issues found, have changed the active hours setting and the...
  3. random auto restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random auto restart: Hi,I have a 500 GB SSD, i7, 16 GB RAM, graphics GTX 1650 Desktop running Windows 11 pro. My computer randomly shuts down and reboots while I am working. I've got the RAM checked, done a sfc scan thru cmd prompt - no issues found, have changed the active hours setting and the...
  4. Auto Restart Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Restart Problem: While I was doing some important work,my computer automatically restarted.It kept doing that process just to make me do not use Windows 10.Am I have been hacked by someone or any reasons?Are there any solution for this?...
  5. Auto restarts-

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto restarts-: During various games my computer automatically shuts down and restarts. Most frustrating. How do I fix that problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-restarts/497c5868-a3f6-45b9-87ec-e6759a941f68
  6. auto restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    auto restarts: just curious, can windows update automatically reboot the system? reason l ask is l somehow nodded off lol and when l woke up l was met with the login screen rather than my desktop with my usual apps open. went through the event logs but didnt really see any issues, though l...
  7. _Again_ Windows ruined an ongoing process to auto-restart for an update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    _Again_ Windows ruined an ongoing process to auto-restart for an update.: How to turn this stuff off? I can't believe this is made so hard. I leave my computer on at night, starting a synchronization job on the command line. When I wake up the next morning Im met with a lockscreen. Once unlocking, the command-line Windows is gone, and my uptime...
  8. Auto restart?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto restart?: I don't mean just a scheduled restart, but a scheduled restart that, when finished, goes straight to the desktop. Do I need to create a new user without a password or something else? submitted by /u/Ju1c3_ [link] [comments]...
  9. Teams Auto restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Teams Auto restart: I have disabled Teams Auto Start in the settings but it still insists on reopening when I close the app on my Windows 10. How can I stop this from opening right back up without using task manager to force close the app? When I close the app I don't want it to think there was...
  10. Auto-kill a process

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-kill a process: Is there a way to auto-sense that a process has started and automatically kill it, without user intervention? I am aware of Auto-kill any process v.2.2, but that, according to one reviewer, requires user input. Thanks. 27047