Windows 10: Auto-Rotate button not fully functional

Discus and support Auto-Rotate button not fully functional in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Auto-Rotate button isn't fully functional in W10 RTM and was in W10 TP. In W10 RTM the Auto-Rotate button doesn't function when my 2-in-1 isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nosecureboot, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Auto-Rotate button not fully functional

My Auto-Rotate button isn't fully functional in W10 RTM and was in W10 TP.

In W10 RTM the Auto-Rotate button doesn't function when my 2-in-1 isn't rotated. In W10 TP the Auto-Rotate button functioned in whether rotated or not.

Anyone observe anything similiar? Thanks.

:)

nosecureboot, Jul 29, 2015
  2. mariachi4 Win User

Annoying fact: N97 auto rotate while making phone calls

While you are in a conversation and you look back at the screen, you want to press hold,loudspeaker, cut off line or other in call function, the phone will auto rotate to landscape mode, which is very annoying, since the buttons layout will be different
    and will cause delay.

On the iphone, this auto rotate function is switched off during conversation, which is very practical.

Is there a function on the N97 to turn off the auto rotate during call conversation WHILE the general auto rotate function is switched on in Settings?

mariachi4, Jul 29, 2015
  3. RHzen Win User
    Windows Tablet Auto Rotate Settings Missing

I just wanted to say that I am having the same problem.

ASUS Transformer

Prior to windows 10 upgrade the auto rotate function worked.

Post windows 10 upgrade the auto rotate function does not work.

I have read the above advice and I do have auto lock button when I swipe from the right. But it does nothing. Toggled on my screen does not rotate when I rotate my tablet, toggled off my screen does not rotate when I rotate my tablet. Please fix this Microsoft.
    I would like to read on this tablet and not an iPad. But this little hiccup I pushing me back in that direction.

RHzen, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Auto-Rotate button not fully functional

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Hi Brink, thanks for the reply, you mentioned you saw another post about this today, is there another post or is the post you linked to on eightforums the post? Thanks.

nosecureboot, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It was another post here in the forum. I posted the same link, but haven't heard back yet.

Brink, Jul 30, 2015
  7. Do you have a link to that post? Thanks.

nosecureboot, Jul 30, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

I lost track of it, but it's the same as what's posted here.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Auto-Rotate button not fully functional - Similar Threads - Auto Rotate button

2. Rotation Lock / auto rotate not present

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rotation Lock / auto rotate not present: I just purchased a brand new Surface Pro 9, upgrading from my older Surface Pro. There is no option to auto-rotate the display. I used to have a rotation lock or auto rotate option in my quick settings and in the display settings, but there is nothing there. All I am able to...
  3. Rotation Lock / auto rotate not present

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rotation Lock / auto rotate not present: I just purchased a brand new Surface Pro 9, upgrading from my older Surface Pro. There is no option to auto-rotate the display. I used to have a rotation lock or auto rotate option in my quick settings and in the display settings, but there is nothing there. All I am able to...
  4. Auto rotate function issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Auto rotate function issue: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 with Windows 10. The old hdd was starting to fail so i bought a new ssd, fresh install of windows 10, updated etc. The laptop has tablet mode, but no auto rotate function now. First i updated registry for autorotate. Checked device manager but...
  5. Windows 10 Surface pro3 lost windows rotation function AND the rotation button in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Surface pro3 lost windows rotation function AND the rotation button in...: WP10 V.1909 Build 18363.720. After the machine updated I lost windows rotation and the rotation button in the notifications panel. Your anticipated cooperation is greatly appreciated. FYI: This machine is a warranty replacement x2....
  6. auto rotation

in Windows 10 Customization
    auto rotation: auto rotation does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-rotation/67d77ca5-c144-400c-8cbe-779f9d21d4a0
  7. Auto Rotate

Auto Rotate: How do I get Auto Rotate to stay on when I go between PC and Tablet. I like to use it in Tablet Mode. Are how do I get it to turn on. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-rotate/e8c8596d-cfba-41f3-8186-7111c8284ab7
  8. auto rotate

auto rotate: Why is there no allow auto rotate option since last windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/auto-rotate/52cf6afa-33d4-4455-8d47-1a2f6cb56a0f
  9. auto-rotating

auto-rotating: How can I make my windows tablet auto rotate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/auto-rotating/ee898242-2b27-45e9-b96e-d3578554f0cd
  10. Auto rotation

Auto rotation: How do I turn off auto rotation it is grayed out on my windows 10 HP laptop after the last update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/auto-rotation/190acc45-cb33-4bd6-b924-a814b18fe08d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. THE ROTATE BUTTONS ARENT FUNCTIONAL