Windows 10: Auto-Rotate Grayed out

Discus and support Auto-Rotate Grayed out in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am unsure of what to do after going through all of the steps recommended by previous questions. A few days ago my Auto-Rotate icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DakotaMellish, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Auto-Rotate Grayed out

Hello,

I am unsure of what to do after going through all of the steps recommended by previous questions. A few days ago my Auto-Rotate icon disappeared, through the Registry Edit I was able to get the icon back, but it is still grayed out. I have tried to use Tent mode and change it, as well as changing it to portrait mode, but neither of these things help. I ensured that Sensor Information was automatic. Any ideas on how I can get my computer working?

:)

DakotaMellish, Jun 30, 2019

2. Auto rotation

Hello,

Let us isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you checked on the action center if there is a Rotation lock option?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you check the Screen Resolution display to check if there is a setting to allow the screen to auto-rotate. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Search for Display and then click Change display settings.
    • Mark the checkbox beside Allow the screen to auto-rotate option if possible.
    • Click Apply and then OK.
    We are looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Jun 30, 2019
  3. jds63 Win User
    Auto rotate and g force

Really needed to list more system specs and information on this issue.So this is assuming you have this and this is the issue.

Why does my screen not rotate?

The auto rotation lock feature is turned on by default in Windows 10. Use the following steps to turn off this feature.

1. Place the tablet into Pad/Tablet mode.
    2. Click the Start
      Auto-Rotate Grayed out [​IMG]
      menu
      and select Settings.
    3. Click System.
    4. Click Display.
    5. Scroll down and toggle Lock rotation of this display to OFF.

jds63, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Auto-Rotate Grayed out

there is no option for auto rotation in windows 10 10586

Hi Faizan,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know the make and model of your device?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove all the external devices connected to your Tablet., check for the auto-rotate option.

Step 2: Check the auto-rotation setting.

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen and tap Settings. (If you're using a mouse, point to the top-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down and click
      Settings.)
    • Tap or click Screen, and tap or click the screen icon above the brightness slider to unlock auto-rotation.
    Note: The screen icon includes a padlock when auto-rotation is locked. When auto-rotation is locked, the screen won’t rotate when you change the orientation of Surface.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

Auto-Rotate Grayed out

1. Auto-Rotate Grayed out - Similar Threads - Auto Rotate Grayed

2. after the lates update the rotation button is grayed out,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after the lates update the rotation button is grayed out,: after the lates update the rotation button is grayed out, cant rotate my pc while a week ago it still work fine, wish you will stop using clowns...
  3. after the lates update the rotation button is grayed out,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after the lates update the rotation button is grayed out,: after the lates update the rotation button is grayed out, cant rotate my pc while a week ago it still work fine, wish you will stop using clowns...
  4. after the lates update the rotation button is grayed out,

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Rotation Lock Grayed Out on HP Spectre x360

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Rotation Lock Grayed Out on HP Spectre x360: I turned my rotation lock on on my HP Spectre convertible laptop to keep portrait mode up for a night, but now that I want to unlock it, I can't! The button is grayed out on the menu bar on the side. I've tried to go into Settings itself, but it's grayed out there too. I have...
  6. Rotation lock grayed out

Rotation lock grayed out: Rotation lock is stuck/grayed out on Windows 10 HP Pavilion. Tried restarting, switching to tablet mode, changing orientation to portrait. Still gray. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rotation-lock-grayed-out/c69d526f-5396-4e1c-b621-02364a523d5c
  7. Windows rotation lock grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows rotation lock grayed out: I bought a new Samsung Notebook 7 Spin. I only intend to use it as a laptop and have no use for screen rotation or tablet mode. However, I cannot turn off the rotation lock and stop the screen from rotating when the device is tilted. I saw a thread saying to switch the...
  8. surface pro 3, sceen rotate grayed out

surface pro 3, sceen rotate grayed out: It has been a while since I wanted to use auto rotate. However , now that I want to use this feature it does not work. I have tried all the trouble shooting articles including updating windows and resetting my computer. also ran the trouble shooter. I have tried...
  9. Rotation Lock Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Rotation Lock Grayed Out: Hi all, I have a 2017 HP Spectre x360 with Windows 10 Home. Everything works great, except I can't rotation lock. WIN+O doesn't do anything. The display does rotate if I turn the device, but I want to be able to lock it. I can manaully change the option in Display...
  10. Auto rotate greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto rotate greyed out: Updated my wife’s tablet today (16 Jan 2018) latest version After update the auto rotate disappears and NONE of the registry fixes to be found on-line restore it. Have had to uninstall latest update. Not good as I like tO keep her up to date. Any fixes that work or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp zbook rotation button grayed out

2. my surface book auto rotate icon is grayed out

3. auto rotate option grayed out

4. rotation lock greyed out windows 10