Windows 10: Auto Rotate in Photos App

Discus and support Auto Rotate in Photos App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Every time I open portrait oriented photos with the Photos app, it automatically rotates the photo to landscape. When I try to rotate it back to its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by James.Spencer, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Auto Rotate in Photos App

Every time I open portrait oriented photos with the Photos app, it automatically rotates the photo to landscape. When I try to rotate it back to its original portrait orientation, it flips it upside down no matter how many times I try. I then attempt to open the same photo with Windows Photo Viewer or FastStone Image Viewer and the programs are unable to rotate the photo at all. The only application that is then able to change the orientation of that same photo is the Photos app, however I run into the same problem yet again. I now have numerous photos that are in the wrong orientation or flipped upside down with no way to rotate them back to normal. This happens with JPEGs, DNGs, CR2s, and just about any type of photo.

:)

James.Spencer, Oct 23, 2018

2. Auto rotation

Hello,

Let us isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you checked on the action center if there is a Rotation lock option?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you check the Screen Resolution display to check if there is a setting to allow the screen to auto-rotate. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Search for Display and then click Change display settings.
    • Mark the checkbox beside Allow the screen to auto-rotate option if possible.
    • Click Apply and then OK.
    We are looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Oct 23, 2018
  3. jds63 Win User
    Auto rotate and g force

Really needed to list more system specs and information on this issue.So this is assuming you have this and this is the issue.

Why does my screen not rotate?

The auto rotation lock feature is turned on by default in Windows 10. Use the following steps to turn off this feature.

1. Place the tablet into Pad/Tablet mode.
    2. Click the Start
      Auto Rotate in Photos App [​IMG]
      menu
      and select Settings.
    3. Click System.
    4. Click Display.
    5. Scroll down and toggle Lock rotation of this display to OFF.

jds63, Oct 23, 2018
  4. Mayfly Win User

Auto Rotate in Photos App

Auto Photo Rotation

W10 Hp 17" Envy Laptop.

Took some photos yesterday on my Panasonic camera, downloaded them via SDHC card but for some reason they are being auto rotated to 90deg from the vertical both in landscape and portrait. This is in viewer and my photo editing programme.

Even when looking at them in explorer when they are the correct orientation when I try to insert them in MS Word they are are at 90degs. In Word it doesn't seem to matter if I have rotated them in viewer or not they still end up 'on their side'.

It's doing my head in.

Can any one help please?

Mayfly, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

Auto Rotate in Photos App

1. Auto Rotate in Photos App - Similar Threads - Auto Rotate Photos

2. windows photos app - auto rotation cr2 raw photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows photos app - auto rotation cr2 raw photos: Why hasn't MS fixed this issue? If I shoot a photo vertically top to bottom, and view it in MS Photos, Win 11, it will AUTO ROTATE sideways. This has nothing to do with screen display or monitor angles. I've updated everything.I've installed RAW Image Ext and nothing works....
  3. windows photos app - auto rotation cr2 raw photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows photos app - auto rotation cr2 raw photos: Why hasn't MS fixed this issue? If I shoot a photo vertically top to bottom, and view it in MS Photos, Win 11, it will AUTO ROTATE sideways. This has nothing to do with screen display or monitor angles. I've updated everything.I've installed RAW Image Ext and nothing works....
  4. Photos auto rotating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos auto rotating: Hi,All I am trying to do is view photos in my finder. These are portrait orientation, yet anytime they open up within the viewer they are automatically switched over to landscape orientation. I have read so many forums that have yet to give a clear answer so I'd love for a...
  5. Photos auto rotating

Photos auto rotating: Hi,All I am trying to do is view photos in my finder. These are portrait orientation, yet anytime they open up within the viewer they are automatically switched over to landscape orientation. I have read so many forums that have yet to give a clear answer so I'd love for a...
  6. Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW files to landscape

Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW files to landscape: Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW filesLately whenever I open a raw file CR2 in Photos it flips it from portrait to landscape and I can't flip it back. It I try to use the rotate feature, it says this can't be applied to RAW files. I've reset the app, uninstalled it etc...
  7. auto rotating photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    auto rotating photos: After saving and closing excel, photos are auto rotating. How can this be stopped? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-rotating-photos/e9fdfbed-8d86-407a-b178-a2daaab1beee
  8. Stop photo auto rotating

Stop photo auto rotating: How can I stop my pc auto rotating my photos when viewed in photos. I am using windows 10 and this is a recent problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-photo-auto-rotating/8c2e28c6-c037-41bc-8618-5dea19a7fc08
  9. Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW files

Photos App auto rotating portrait RAW files: Lately whenever I open a raw file (CR2) in Photos it flips it from portrait to landscape and I can't flip it back. It I try to use the rotate feature, it says this can't be applied to RAW files. I've reset the app, uninstalled it etc and nothing works. Has anyone seen this?...
  10. Auto Photo Rotation

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Photo Rotation: W10 Hp 17" Envy Laptop. Took some photos yesterday on my Panasonic camera, downloaded them via SDHC card but for some reason they are being auto rotated to 90deg from the vertical both in landscape and portrait. This is in viewer and my photo editing programme. Even...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. auto rotate photos

2. microsoft photos auto rotate

3. windows phone photo rotate

4. how to set windows photos app to rotate raw files,
  5. photos app auto rotate,
  6. windows 10 portrait images auto rotate to landscape in photos viewer