Windows 10: Auto-rotate is not working and laptop keyboard does not lock at 180 degrees; setting...

Discus and support Auto-rotate is not working and laptop keyboard does not lock at 180 degrees; setting... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Okay, so a quick rundown of what I'm having an issue with: until relatively recently, my laptop (Dell Inspiron 15 2-in-1) would lock the keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Emperor_Leo, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Auto-rotate is not working and laptop keyboard does not lock at 180 degrees; setting...

Okay, so a quick rundown of what I'm having an issue with: until relatively recently, my laptop (Dell Inspiron 15 2-in-1) would lock the keyboard automatically when I pushed the screen past 180 degrees, Windows would ask if I wanted to enable tablet mode, and my screen would rotate automatically (when turned). Now, I am not prompted to enable tablet mode until the screen is essentially at 360 degrees, and my keyboard (including the trackpad) allows input unless my screen is pushed all the way. Once in tablet mode, my screen does not rotate its orientation automatically to match the way it is being held, and I do not have a setting for auto-rotate or anything similar. I have updated all my drivers, yet it hasn't made a difference. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue, or if there is a "fix" that I am unaware of.

:)

Emperor_Leo, Jan 17, 2019

2. Auto rotate is 90 degrees off.

I have a Nextbook 10.1 and the "Auto rotate is 90 degrees off. I upgraded from 8.1 to windows 10. Any suggestions?

Rlively37748, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Surface Book - Windows 10 : Auto screen rotation missing

Hello -

I also had this same problem (locked in landscape mode, no Rotate Lock/Unlock button, Surface wouldn't auto-rotate). Multiple restarts alone (with or without the keyboard) did not fix it. I was able to restore the Rotation Lock icon (and auto-rotate) with
    the following steps:

• Remove the surface keyboard (while on)
    • Manually set the display to portrait (Settings --> System --> Display --> Orientaton (portrait)
    • Restarted the Surface
    After my device restarted, the Rotation Lock icon was back and my Surface would auto-rotate again.

This has only happened to me once and this was the only fix that worked for me (other options mentioned in the forums didn't work). I hope that helps!

JoshKillgore, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Auto-rotate is not working and laptop keyboard does not lock at 180 degrees; setting...

how do I do a 180 degree page rotation in Windows 10?

How do I do a 180 degree screen rotation in Windows 10?

RandyHenry 763, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Auto-rotate is not working and laptop keyboard does not lock at 180 degrees; setting...

1. Auto-rotate is not working and laptop keyboard does not lock at 180 degrees; setting... - Similar Threads - Auto rotate working

2. Rotation Lock / auto rotate not present

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rotation Lock / auto rotate not present: I just purchased a brand new Surface Pro 9, upgrading from my older Surface Pro. There is no option to auto-rotate the display. I used to have a rotation lock or auto rotate option in my quick settings and in the display settings, but there is nothing there. All I am able to...
  3. Rotation Lock / auto rotate not present

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rotation Lock / auto rotate not present: I just purchased a brand new Surface Pro 9, upgrading from my older Surface Pro. There is no option to auto-rotate the display. I used to have a rotation lock or auto rotate option in my quick settings and in the display settings, but there is nothing there. All I am able to...
  4. Screen does not auto rotate, No rotation lock option on HP laptop Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen does not auto rotate, No rotation lock option on HP laptop Windows 10: I just wiped my laptop and reinstalled Windows 10. I did all the updates. Now I noticed the rotation lock option is enitrely missing from my OS. The screen does not auto rotate anymore. Why is that- is a Windows 10 bug? How can I fix it? Thank you....
  5. Is there a setting in Windows 10 for rotating the camera picture image 180 degrees when the...

Is there a setting in Windows 10 for rotating the camera picture image 180 degrees when the...: I have a new 2-in-1 Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 Home. In a Zoom or Skype session it would be useful to place the laptop in tent mode, but the image from the built-in camera does not rotate 180 degrees when I do that. Is there a way to allow the camera to rotate the...
  6. Screen rotated 180 degrees. - What to do?

Screen rotated 180 degrees. - What to do?: Hi, I wanted to use the key combination Win+E to open the explorer, instead the screen simply rotated 180 degrees. How can I undo this? [ATTACH] Bidlsvhirm um 180 grad verdreht.- was tun?
  7. Camera is rotate 180 degrees

Camera is rotate 180 degrees: I have a acer aspire 7741Z and my camera is 180 degrees, I tried to fix but I can find how to rotate the camera. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-is-rotate-180-degrees/ac12077e-1b12-4ab0-b872-d2052f002062
  8. Rotation Lock missing, Auto-rotate doesn't work.

Rotation Lock missing, Auto-rotate doesn't work.: My SP3 just performed an update. Now the Rotation Lock is missing from the Action Center and Auto-rotate does not work. How can I fix this issue?...
  9. Rotate my camera live screen in to 180 degree? its showing in 90 degree

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Rotate my camera live screen in to 180 degree? its showing in 90 degree: How do i rotate my camera live screen in to 180 degree? its showing in 90 degree in Acer One S1002 ... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rotate-my-camera-live-screen-in-to-180-degree-its/3f240e20-c859-4797-8a4a-f02596386412
  10. Auto rotation work in reverse 90 degree out windows tablet

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto rotation work in reverse 90 degree out windows tablet: Auto rotation work in reverse 90 degree out windows tablet Landscape when it is on portrait direction Windows archos cesium 80 .. Any help ? 13132

Users found this page by searching for:

1. use keyboard past 180 degree screen rotation