Windows 10: Auto rotate on my Microsoft Surface GO 2 is mirrored

Discus and support Auto rotate on my Microsoft Surface GO 2 is mirrored in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As the title suggests. The only way to use the laptop in portrait mode is to lock the rotation once I've got the screen in the direction I want. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PhoebeDibben, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Auto rotate on my Microsoft Surface GO 2 is mirrored

As the title suggests. The only way to use the laptop in portrait mode is to lock the rotation once I've got the screen in the direction I want. I've got two of the same driver HID sensor collection V2 in the sensors folder, after disabling and updating both of them one at a time and then together, only one of them seems to do anything and still the screen rotates the opposite way around. The second one when enabled while the other is disabled doesn't allow any rotation at all, correct way around or incorrect. I've tried restarting. It's been an ongoing issue through many updates of windows,

:)

PhoebeDibben, Sep 25, 2022

2. Surface Book - Windows 10 : Auto screen rotation missing

Hello -

I also had this same problem (locked in landscape mode, no Rotate Lock/Unlock button, Surface wouldn't auto-rotate). Multiple restarts alone (with or without the keyboard) did not fix it. I was able to restore the Rotation Lock icon (and auto-rotate) with
    the following steps:

• Remove the surface keyboard (while on)
    • Manually set the display to portrait (Settings --> System --> Display --> Orientaton (portrait)
    • Restarted the Surface
    After my device restarted, the Rotation Lock icon was back and my Surface would auto-rotate again.

This has only happened to me once and this was the only fix that worked for me (other options mentioned in the forums didn't work). I hope that helps!

JoshKillgore, Sep 25, 2022
  3. Auto rotation

Hello,

Let us isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you checked on the action center if there is a Rotation lock option?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you check the Screen Resolution display to check if there is a setting to allow the screen to auto-rotate. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Search for Display and then click Change display settings.
    • Mark the checkbox beside Allow the screen to auto-rotate option if possible.
    • Click Apply and then OK.
    We are looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Sep 25, 2022
  4. Auto rotate on my Microsoft Surface GO 2 is mirrored

there is no option for auto rotation in windows 10 10586

Hi Faizan,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know the make and model of your device?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove all the external devices connected to your Tablet., check for the auto-rotate option.

Step 2: Check the auto-rotation setting.

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen and tap Settings. (If you're using a mouse, point to the top-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down and click
      Settings.)
    • Tap or click Screen, and tap or click the screen icon above the brightness slider to unlock auto-rotation.
    Note: The screen icon includes a padlock when auto-rotation is locked. When auto-rotation is locked, the screen won’t rotate when you change the orientation of Surface.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

Auto rotate on my Microsoft Surface GO 2 is mirrored

1. Auto rotate on my Microsoft Surface GO 2 is mirrored - Similar Threads - Auto rotate Microsoft

2. Auto rotate on my Microsoft Surface GO 2 is mirrored

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto rotate on my Microsoft Surface GO 2 is mirrored: As the title suggests. The only way to use the laptop in portrait mode is to lock the rotation once I've got the screen in the direction I want. I've got two of the same driver HID sensor collection V2 in the sensors folder, after disabling and updating both of them one at a...
  3. Microsoft Surface Go 2 - Microsoft Surface Modern Mouse and Surface Go Keyboard...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Surface Go 2 - Microsoft Surface Modern Mouse and Surface Go Keyboard...: I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Go 2 back in July. Everything was working great until I noticed that the Modern Mouse and Surface Go Keyboard I purchased with it would randomly start disconnecting. This would usually be after leaving my desk for a few minutes. I have...
  4. Surface Go 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Go 2: Hi I'm hoping someone can help. I have a surface go 2 which is about a week old and i notice that when i charge from below 20% using a surface laptop charger it will only charge upto 30% normally when i leave it overnight. I've run the diagnostics tool and everything...
  5. auto rotation

in Windows 10 Customization
    auto rotation: auto rotation does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-rotation/67d77ca5-c144-400c-8cbe-779f9d21d4a0
  6. Help! How can I find/download/enable auto-rotate on my surface go?

Help! How can I find/download/enable auto-rotate on my surface go?: My new surface go was auto-rotating (fine...but slowly) the first night I had it. When I used it the second day it no longer auto-rotates or even has the option to. I'm unsure if something changed due to something I clicked or an update, but it is really inconvenient to have...
  7. Auto Rotate

Auto Rotate: How do I get Auto Rotate to stay on when I go between PC and Tablet. I like to use it in Tablet Mode. Are how do I get it to turn on. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-rotate/e8c8596d-cfba-41f3-8186-7111c8284ab7
  8. No auto rotation screen in Windows 10 LTSC (1809) on Surface Go

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No auto rotation screen in Windows 10 LTSC (1809) on Surface Go: Hello, I installed Windows 10 LTSC Enterprise N(Version 1809 OS Build 17763.55) on Surface Go and install official driver(SurfaceGo_Win10_17134_1802010_6.msi). All functions work except auto rotate screen. I tried to turn on Sensor Monitoring Service and it said "The Sensor...
  9. auto rotate

auto rotate: Why is there no allow auto rotate option since last windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/auto-rotate/52cf6afa-33d4-4455-8d47-1a2f6cb56a0f
  10. auto-rotating

auto-rotating: How can I make my windows tablet auto rotate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/auto-rotating/ee898242-2b27-45e9-b96e-d3578554f0cd