Windows 10: Auto-rotation feature disappeared from Surface Pro (2018) build 1809

Discus and support Auto-rotation feature disappeared from Surface Pro (2018) build 1809 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently got the new update. The button has vanished from the Action Centre and on Display settings there is only a manual change. What happened!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CheviO'Kual, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Auto-rotation feature disappeared from Surface Pro (2018) build 1809

I recently got the new update. The button has vanished from the Action Centre and on Display settings there is only a manual change.

What happened!

:)

CheviO'Kual, Dec 8, 2018

2. Windows 10 Screen Auto Rotation Not Working/Option is not visible or available

Yes, I have this problem too - I've posted in the main thread that this week my auto-rotate has stopped working and the auto-rotate icon in the action centre has disappeared, with or without the cover, in tablet mode or not. Seems to be related to March
    13, 2018—KB4088776 (OS Build 16299.309) (Surface Pro).

NigelShires, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Surface Book - Windows 10 : Auto screen rotation missing

Hello -

I also had this same problem (locked in landscape mode, no Rotate Lock/Unlock button, Surface wouldn't auto-rotate). Multiple restarts alone (with or without the keyboard) did not fix it. I was able to restore the Rotation Lock icon (and auto-rotate) with
    the following steps:

• Remove the surface keyboard (while on)
    • Manually set the display to portrait (Settings --> System --> Display --> Orientaton (portrait)
    • Restarted the Surface
    After my device restarted, the Rotation Lock icon was back and my Surface would auto-rotate again.

This has only happened to me once and this was the only fix that worked for me (other options mentioned in the forums didn't work). I hope that helps!

JoshKillgore, Dec 8, 2018
  4. hawkEYE99 Win User

Auto-rotation feature disappeared from Surface Pro (2018) build 1809

Surface pro 3 auto rotate not working after Windows 10 Creator Update

I noticed that after the Windows 10 Creator Update, the auto-rotate feature on my Surface Pro 3 stopped working when I switched into tablet mode. When I have the type cover attached, the rotation lock button is greyed out (which is no big deal), but when
    I remove the type cover and switch to tablet mode, the rotation lock button becomes active. I've double checked to make sure rotation lock is off, and the screen still won't auto-rotate when the surface is in tablet mode. I've restarted the surface and ran
    the troubleshooter suggested by the microsoft website, with no luck. Any help resolving this issue would be appreciated, thanks.

hawkEYE99, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Auto-rotation feature disappeared from Surface Pro (2018) build 1809

1. Auto-rotation feature disappeared from Surface Pro (2018) build 1809 - Similar Threads - Auto rotation feature

2. Surface Pro 8 - auto rotate during typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 8 - auto rotate during typing: I have a Surface Pro 8 issued through my work that periodically but only briefly displays an Auto Rotate On message on the top left corner of the screen. This happens when typing and without angling the SP8 in any way. When it happens it pauses whatever work I'm doing while...
  3. Surface Pro 8 - auto rotate during typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 8 - auto rotate during typing: I have a Surface Pro 8 issued through my work that periodically but only briefly displays an Auto Rotate On message on the top left corner of the screen. This happens when typing and without angling the SP8 in any way. When it happens it pauses whatever work I'm doing while...
  4. Surface Pro 8 - auto rotate during typing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Auto-rotate keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto-rotate keeps disappearing: I have a Surface Pro 4. The auto-rotate disappeared so I went looking for answers to get it back. Apparently, I had to go to the Registry Editor and enable "SensorPresent". However, every few days, it gets disabled again and the auto-rotate disappears. It's getting annoying....
  6. Auto rotate disappeared

Auto rotate disappeared: The auto rotate function disappeared from my Surface Pro 3 last week. Running Windows 10. I have tried multiple fixes and diagnostics with no success. Any suggestions? Thank you....
  7. auto rotation

auto rotation: auto rotation does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-rotation/67d77ca5-c144-400c-8cbe-779f9d21d4a0
  8. Auto Rotate

Auto Rotate: How do I get Auto Rotate to stay on when I go between PC and Tablet. I like to use it in Tablet Mode. Are how do I get it to turn on. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-rotate/e8c8596d-cfba-41f3-8186-7111c8284ab7
  9. rotating Surface pro

rotating Surface pro: The keyboard of my Surface Pro 2017 gets disabled when I rotate the device sideways. The rotation lock is getting grey when the keyboard is attached so it is hard to lock the tablet in landscape mode. This problem started after updating the system to Windows 10, version...
  10. No auto rotation screen in Windows 10 LTSC (1809) on Surface Go

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No auto rotation screen in Windows 10 LTSC (1809) on Surface Go: Hello, I installed Windows 10 LTSC Enterprise N(Version 1809 OS Build 17763.55) on Surface Go and install official driver(SurfaceGo_Win10_17134_1802010_6.msi). All functions work except auto rotate screen. I tried to turn on Sensor Monitoring Service and it said "The Sensor...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. auto-rotation surface pro 6

2. surface pro 6 auto rotate

3. rotation lock missing surface pro

4. surface pro 3 auto rotate button missing,
  5. surface pro 6 rotation lock button disappeared,
  6. auto rotate surface pro 6,
  7. rotation lock not visible,
  8. windows build 1809 auto rotation,
  9. surface pro 3 rotation disappear,
  10. surface rotation lock disappeared,
  11. auto rotation on surface pro 6,