Windows 10: auto rotation

Discus and support auto rotation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; auto rotation does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-rotation/67d77ca5-c144-400c-8cbe-779f9d21d4a0 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mohamedsayed9, Aug 4, 2019.

1. auto rotation

auto rotation does not work

:)

mohamedsayed9, Aug 4, 2019

2. Auto rotation

Hello,

Let us isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you checked on the action center if there is a Rotation lock option?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you check the Screen Resolution display to check if there is a setting to allow the screen to auto-rotate. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Search for Display and then click Change display settings.
    • Mark the checkbox beside Allow the screen to auto-rotate option if possible.
    • Click Apply and then OK.
    We are looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Sep 29, 2019
  3. jds63 Win User
    Auto rotate and g force

Really needed to list more system specs and information on this issue.So this is assuming you have this and this is the issue.

Why does my screen not rotate?

The auto rotation lock feature is turned on by default in Windows 10. Use the following steps to turn off this feature.

1. Place the tablet into Pad/Tablet mode.
    2. Click the Start
      auto rotation [​IMG]
      menu
      and select Settings.
    3. Click System.
    4. Click Display.
    5. Scroll down and toggle Lock rotation of this display to OFF.

jds63, Sep 29, 2019
  4. auto rotation

there is no option for auto rotation in windows 10 10586

Hi Faizan,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know the make and model of your device?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove all the external devices connected to your Tablet., check for the auto-rotate option.

Step 2: Check the auto-rotation setting.

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen and tap Settings. (If you're using a mouse, point to the top-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down and click
      Settings.)
    • Tap or click Screen, and tap or click the screen icon above the brightness slider to unlock auto-rotation.
    Note: The screen icon includes a padlock when auto-rotation is locked. When auto-rotation is locked, the screen won’t rotate when you change the orientation of Surface.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

auto rotation

1. auto rotation - Similar Threads - auto rotation

2. ASUS Zenscreen portable monitor doesn't auto rotate, due to SurfaceBook settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS Zenscreen portable monitor doesn't auto rotate, due to SurfaceBook settings?: ASUS Zenscreen portable monitor attached to MS SurfaceBook doesn't auto rotate as it should, possibly due to rotate lock on & greyed out when in SurfaceBook mode ie attached to keyboard. When I detach the main screen, I can toggle auto rotate on/off. That's ok when using...
  3. ASUS Zenscreen portable monitor doesn't auto rotate, due to SurfaceBook settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS Zenscreen portable monitor doesn't auto rotate, due to SurfaceBook settings?: ASUS Zenscreen portable monitor attached to MS SurfaceBook doesn't auto rotate as it should, possibly due to rotate lock on & greyed out when in SurfaceBook mode ie attached to keyboard. When I detach the main screen, I can toggle auto rotate on/off. That's ok when using...
  4. Please help me regarding auto rotate and tablet mode.

Please help me regarding auto rotate and tablet mode.: I have a windows 10 pc and right up until a few months ago it was able to auto rotate and automatically switch into tablet mode when I fold it into a tablet. However now these functions don't work. The auto rotate button when I press windows + A has completely dissapeared and...
  5. Please help me regarding auto rotate and tablet mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help me regarding auto rotate and tablet mode.: I have a windows 10 pc and right up until a few months ago it was able to auto rotate and automatically switch into tablet mode when I fold it into a tablet. However now these functions don't work. The auto rotate button when I press windows + A has completely dissapeared and...
  6. Please help me regarding auto rotate and tablet mode.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Why does new HP Envy 2-in-1 laptop lack Personalization & auto screen rotate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does new HP Envy 2-in-1 laptop lack Personalization & auto screen rotate?: MS needs real intelligence, not AI. Why is Win 11 2-in-1 laptop not setup with default auto-rotation like any iPhone or iPad; that is, to auto-rotate as default config or at least offer this option without going to manual setting when entering tent mode upside down display....
  8. Why does new HP Envy 2-in-1 laptop lack Personalization & auto screen rotate?

Why does new HP Envy 2-in-1 laptop lack Personalization & auto screen rotate?: MS needs real intelligence, not AI. Why is Win 11 2-in-1 laptop not setup with default auto-rotation like any iPhone or iPad; that is, to auto-rotate as default config or at least offer this option without going to manual setting when entering tent mode upside down display....
  9. The Microsoft Photo app auto rotates .NEF files. Is there any solution to this? I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Microsoft Photo app auto rotates .NEF files. Is there any solution to this? I have...: Hello,The Microsoft Photo app auto rotates .NEF files. Is there any solution to this? I have Windows 11. Kind regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-microsoft-photo-app-auto-rotates-nef-files-is/7c05ca2d-eb75-4e0f-81f7-e777b677302b
  10. The Microsoft Photo app auto rotates .NEF files. Is there any solution to this? I have...

The Microsoft Photo app auto rotates .NEF files. Is there any solution to this? I have...: Hello,The Microsoft Photo app auto rotates .NEF files. Is there any solution to this? I have Windows 11. Kind regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-microsoft-photo-app-auto-rotates-nef-files-is/7c05ca2d-eb75-4e0f-81f7-e777b677302b