Windows 10: Auto Save Fails Again!

Discus and support Auto Save Fails Again! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is the second time that the auto save feature in microsoft word fails on me and all my work is gone on that file. Why do I pay monthly for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BoudnomaConvolbo, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Auto Save Fails Again!

This is the second time that the auto save feature in microsoft word fails on me and all my work is gone on that file. Why do I pay monthly for a crappy software that loses my work? My internet is reliable so I see no reason why should this be happening.

:)

BoudnomaConvolbo, Apr 23, 2020
  2. Alden Rey Win User

excel not auto recovering and manually saving

Hi,

The concern you have encountered with Excel not auto saving may be due to a corrupted file or a misconfigured setting.

May we ask if you have 3rd party software running when using Excel? If yes, we suggest to temporarily disable it to isolate the issue.

Any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?

Have you tried any possible troubleshooting steps? If yes, what are those steps and did you get any error messages?

You can turn-on the auto save option by the following steps:

• Open Excel
    • Go to File then Options
    • Under Save option, check the 'Save AutoRecovery information in every' option
    the best way to check when auto save is disabled is to hover over the toggle and read the reason that the popup tool tip identifies. Simply follow the steps provided in this

article

According to this
    article
    the autosave function will be disabled when the file is in the old file format .xls.

Kindly keep us posted with the results.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Anak Win User

Auto Save Fails Again!

Run Command Box not Auto-Saving Suggestions

I know the run box was saving my entries in the auto-suggestion menu when I first purchased my machine (system one) but I don't know when it stopped, a recent update perhaps?

This first snip shows my entry for regedit and the result after I tested three times to see if regedit would be saved and it wasn't, this happens with any CMD I try to run, if I open to click on a previous CMD I am presented with an empty suggestion box.

Auto Save Fails Again! [​IMG]

I searched and found a tutorial from @Brink on how to empty the suggestion box where the registry key is located and that result is shown in this snip, my registry key is super imposed on Shawn's .bat file:

From Shawn's win8 tutorial:

Note The auto suggestions history for the Run dialog are stored in the RunMRU registry key below. This is what the .bat file below will delete for you automatically to clear the history. The next time you open something from Run, the RunMRU key will automatically be recreated and will save the new history.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RunMRU
    From the note would the general consensus be that if I delete that key it would jump start the auto-suggestion box into working again or would the problem lie elsewhere?

Thema:

Auto Save Fails Again!

1. Auto Save Fails Again! - Similar Threads - Auto Save Fails

2. Auto saving Tags

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto saving Tags: HiI have just started tagging my photos again after a hiatus.The original tags, from when I stated years ago, automatically come up..ie, I type P, and Paul Smith and Peter Smith automatically come up.New photos that I am tagging, with names not used years ago, ie Christmas,...
  3. Auto saving Tags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto saving Tags: HiI have just started tagging my photos again after a hiatus.The original tags, from when I stated years ago, automatically come up..ie, I type P, and Paul Smith and Peter Smith automatically come up.New photos that I am tagging, with names not used years ago, ie Christmas,...
  4. Auto saving Tags

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Voice Recorder is failing again and again and is not saving my recording, I can't hear...

Voice Recorder is failing again and again and is not saving my recording, I can't hear...: I record very important staff but voice recorder app didn't successfully record ,when I play my folder, it's silence, can you help me on this issue?? Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office/ More Office apps / Windows 10 / Unknown/other...
  6. auto saving a photo when saving to an album

auto saving a photo when saving to an album: I have a client that has uses Photo to manage her pictures. She recently bought a new computer and new laptop. On the old computer she would receive and email with a picture, she'd click it to see it it would open in the Photos App, choose Add To. Then she would choose a...
  7. Microsoft Planning FAILS Again, and Again, and ...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Planning FAILS Again, and Again, and ...: Since 2013, Microsoft has only degraded its OS and all MSOffice programs and functions. Why are sheeple still paying for this junkware? No one ever wanted this shetteh tab bar system that was forced into the used to be fabulous MS system. The Menu system was flawless. This...
  8. auto save

in Windows 10 Customization
    auto save: how can I add membership #'s ? ie. AAA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-save/beddf685-4f27-4017-9ce9-c4174ab45adc
  9. auto hotkey saving a script987=

auto hotkey saving a script987=: I can download AutoHotkey, open it from my desktop, and write a script, following the steps in their tutorial. When I get to step 8, which is "save" the script, it won't let me save it. What am I not doing ? 74802
  10. Disable auto save?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable auto save?: Okay so when i shut down my pc directly and close a specific app like discord. then shutting down immediatly using the start button when i turn on my pc again chrome automatically opens with that tabs last night and discord which i exited didnt start up as it should be...