Windows 10: auto save

Discus and support auto save in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how can I add membership #'s ? ie. AAA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-save/beddf685-4f27-4017-9ce9-c4174ab45adc Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by danmuszynski, May 24, 2020.

1. auto save

how can I add membership #'s ? ie. AAA

:)

danmuszynski, May 24, 2020
  2. Alden Rey Win User

excel not auto recovering and manually saving

Hi,

The concern you have encountered with Excel not auto saving may be due to a corrupted file or a misconfigured setting.

May we ask if you have 3rd party software running when using Excel? If yes, we suggest to temporarily disable it to isolate the issue.

Any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?

Have you tried any possible troubleshooting steps? If yes, what are those steps and did you get any error messages?

You can turn-on the auto save option by the following steps:

• Open Excel
    • Go to File then Options
    • Under Save option, check the 'Save AutoRecovery information in every' option
    the best way to check when auto save is disabled is to hover over the toggle and read the reason that the popup tool tip identifies. Simply follow the steps provided in this

article

According to this
    article
    the autosave function will be disabled when the file is in the old file format .xls.

Kindly keep us posted with the results.

Regards.

Alden Rey, May 24, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 24, 2020
  4. Anak Win User

auto save

Run Command Box not Auto-Saving Suggestions

I know the run box was saving my entries in the auto-suggestion menu when I first purchased my machine (system one) but I don't know when it stopped, a recent update perhaps?

This first snip shows my entry for regedit and the result after I tested three times to see if regedit would be saved and it wasn't, this happens with any CMD I try to run, if I open to click on a previous CMD I am presented with an empty suggestion box.

auto save [​IMG]

I searched and found a tutorial from @Brink on how to empty the suggestion box where the registry key is located and that result is shown in this snip, my registry key is super imposed on Shawn's .bat file:

auto save [​IMG]

From Shawn's win8 tutorial:

auto save [​IMG]
    Note The auto suggestions history for the Run dialog are stored in the RunMRU registry key below. This is what the .bat file below will delete for you automatically to clear the history. The next time you open something from Run, the RunMRU key will automatically be recreated and will save the new history.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RunMRU
    From the note would the general consensus be that if I delete that key it would jump start the auto-suggestion box into working again or would the problem lie elsewhere?

Thema:

auto save

1. auto save - Similar Threads - auto save

2. How do I prevent Snipping Tool from disabling FastStone Capture Auto-save

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I prevent Snipping Tool from disabling FastStone Capture Auto-save: When I upgraded to Windows 11 Vers. 23H2, the Snipping Tool was installed without asking me.It is the only change that occurred before FastStone Capture 9.3 stopped saving auto-save captures to the destination directory.I have come to like Snipping Tool, but I love this bar!...
  3. How do I prevent Snipping Tool from disabling FastStone Capture Auto-save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent Snipping Tool from disabling FastStone Capture Auto-save: When I upgraded to Windows 11 Vers. 23H2, the Snipping Tool was installed without asking me.It is the only change that occurred before FastStone Capture 9.3 stopped saving auto-save captures to the destination directory.I have come to like Snipping Tool, but I love this bar!...
  4. Stupid auto backup saved my game files without my permission. I was able to get them back....

Stupid auto backup saved my game files without my permission. I was able to get them back....: I downloaded all the files off of onedrive. At least what was there. Why they were not still with my game makes no sense. And now i don't no how to add them back into the game data.Thanks for ruining my game onedrive. POS. Any help appreciated. Sooner i can get onedrive off...
  5. Stupid auto backup saved my game files without my permission. I was able to get them back....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stupid auto backup saved my game files without my permission. I was able to get them back....: I downloaded all the files off of onedrive. At least what was there. Why they were not still with my game makes no sense. And now i don't no how to add them back into the game data.Thanks for ruining my game onedrive. POS. Any help appreciated. Sooner i can get onedrive off...
  6. Stupid auto backup saved my game files without my permission. I was able to get them back....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How to disable Windows Snipping Tool's Auto save Screenshot feature via Windows Registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable Windows Snipping Tool's Auto save Screenshot feature via Windows Registry: I am looking to find out how to disable Windows Snipping Tool's Auto save Screenshot feature via Windows Registry. I want to eventually run a script via Intune to edit the registry key that will disable Windows Snipping Tool's Auto save Screenshot feature on multiple...
  8. How to disable Windows Snipping Tool's Auto save Screenshot feature via Windows Registry

How to disable Windows Snipping Tool's Auto save Screenshot feature via Windows Registry: I am looking to find out how to disable Windows Snipping Tool's Auto save Screenshot feature via Windows Registry. I want to eventually run a script via Intune to edit the registry key that will disable Windows Snipping Tool's Auto save Screenshot feature on multiple...
  9. W11Ent_X64 no longer auto-renaming saved from the web files with same name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11Ent_X64 no longer auto-renaming saved from the web files with same name.: Hail all:Yet ANOTHER issue, which I have been unsuccessfully hunting to find a solution for, for LONG time.W11Ent_x64 V22h2 Build 2261.3007Fully up-to-date.When saving pictures from the web with the same name, these no longer get auto-renamed with a sequential number.It USED...
  10. W11Ent_X64 no longer auto-renaming saved from the web files with same name.

W11Ent_X64 no longer auto-renaming saved from the web files with same name.: Hail all:Yet ANOTHER issue, which I have been unsuccessfully hunting to find a solution for, for LONG time.W11Ent_x64 V22h2 Build 2261.3007Fully up-to-date.When saving pictures from the web with the same name, these no longer get auto-renamed with a sequential number.It USED...