Windows 10: auto saving a photo when saving to an album

Discus and support auto saving a photo when saving to an album in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a client that has uses Photo to manage her pictures. She recently bought a new computer and new laptop. On the old computer she would receive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JoseOlivas, Oct 26, 2020.

1. auto saving a photo when saving to an album

I have a client that has uses Photo to manage her pictures. She recently bought a new computer and new laptop. On the old computer she would receive and email with a picture, she'd click it to see it it would open in the Photos App, choose Add To. Then she would choose a photo album, and it would add it and automatically save it in a "saved photos" folder in her Pictures folder.

With the new laptop and desktop, it is asking her to save the file somewhere and not automatically saving it to the "saved pictures" folder. To many this would not be a big deal, to her this is a major deal.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

:)

JoseOlivas, Oct 26, 2020
  2. Greedo Win User

Where are Windows photo albums actually saved

The Windows 10 photo app allows you to save pictures to "Creations" such as photo albums. Where are these albums located in Explorer?

The implication from what I've read is that they are somewhere on the user's OneDrive - but I don't imagine the photos themselves are saved into an album, merely their filepaths. Either way I can't find this information.

Can I access the file paths associated with the images contained in one of these albums?

(NB, I don't want to upload to onedrive, I just want to know where the album data is saved on the machine usually, and whether I can access it from explorer or the command line say)

Greedo, Oct 26, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Oct 26, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

auto saving a photo when saving to an album

Photos - create and LOCALLY save an album

Hi PWalker50,

The album created in the Photos App are virtual, they do not physically exist on your PC, here is just a small file somewhere listing the photos, text, enhancements . . . etc.

Microsoft only provide us one way to save out these albums and that is to oneDrive and then download or share them . . .

DaveM121, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

auto saving a photo when saving to an album

1. auto saving a photo when saving to an album - Similar Threads - auto saving photo

2. Microsoft Photos - How do I save additions to an album

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos - How do I save additions to an album: Microsoft Photos looks quite powerful but there seems to very little on the way of tutorials or help. I have tried to create an album which works OK. But when I add further photos to the album there seems to be no option to save the additions. It is obviously is not an...
  3. auto save

in Windows 10 Customization
    auto save: how can I add membership #'s ? ie. AAA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-save/beddf685-4f27-4017-9ce9-c4174ab45adc
  4. Create a folder for album saved in Photos , or, how to transfer an album saved in photos...

Create a folder for album saved in Photos , or, how to transfer an album saved in photos...: Unable to transfer an Album 300photos in Photos to burn to a DVD or disc How to Create a file folder to transfer the album to - or actually transfer the album so I could burn to a dvd...
  5. Lost saved photo album

Lost saved photo album: I lost my photo album. All the hours I put into it only saved 13 photos. Is it truly lost? Can I find it somewhere? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-saved-photo-album/7d68b53a-bbc7-4ed8-8f9b-e43740143092
  6. Can't do save or save as when editing photos.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't do save or save as when editing photos.: Hello, I recently updated to the new Windows version 1903 and I opened paint.net, I edited a photo and when I was going to save it, It said "(Directory) File not found. Check the filename and try again." This started happening after I updated...
  7. Photos Not Saving

Photos Not Saving: Hi, I was recently trying to look for a photo I took via the Camera app and could not find it in Libraries. I proceeded on to the Camera app and clicked on the tile in the lower right corner to open my photos. The photo was there but when I clicked onto See all Photos, my...
  8. Save Windows Photos Album As Folder (SOLVED)

Save Windows Photos Album As Folder (SOLVED): Ok so I have been looking everywhere for some questions to actually answer this but they are all locked. So I thought I would start a Discussion and Answer it all in one. LIke me many people have wondered how to save their Windows Photos Album they created in the "Photos"...
  9. Is it possible to save the Album data from the photo Viewer?

Is it possible to save the Album data from the photo Viewer?: I have in the Photo's program, 1000's of pictures, and all put manually in Albums and gave them a proper name. Is there a way to export that data, in case I need to re-format my PC and have to do everything all over again? Since it's a pain in the butt, and overtime, I have...
  10. Saving photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving photos: I really liked MS Photo Editor with previous Windows versions. It easily allowed me to save, edit and compress pictures. As I understand it MS PE is not compatible with Windows 10. I really dislike PHOTOS that came with Windows 10 because in order to save an image I have...