Windows 10: Auto Scroll on HP Spectre 700 Wireless Mouse

Discus and support Auto Scroll on HP Spectre 700 Wireless Mouse in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a new HP Spectre x360 computer with an HP Spectre 700 wireless mouse. My primary application is Autodesk Revit for 3D architectural modeling.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RobFender, Jun 12, 2020.

1. RobFender Win User

Auto Scroll on HP Spectre 700 Wireless Mouse

I have a new HP Spectre x360 computer with an HP Spectre 700 wireless mouse. My primary application is Autodesk Revit for 3D architectural modeling. My Logitech mouse works just fine, When you press and hold the roller button down, you can "Pan" the screen like using the scroll bars on side and bottom of screen, But using the roller button to Pan in Revit is much easier and more responsive than the scroll bars, which are harder to control. For some reason, the new Spectre 700 mouse doesn't work using the Auto Scroll option for the roller / middle button on mouse. In older versions of Windows, mouse settings Control Panel, there was an actual setting that used "Auto Scroll" to set this setting for the mouse roller button. It could be the mouse is defective or maybe there are some sort of driver issues... but can't find any solutions anywhere... could be just too new and no one else has discovered the problem.

:)

RobFender, Jun 12, 2020

2. HP x360 Spectre Windows Hello No Longer Working

Thanks for the suggestion. For reference (for people coming after me trying to find a solution), the steps Lee is suggesting are as follows:

• Device Security > Security Processor Details > Security Processor Troubleshooting > Clear TPM
    Appreciate the help, Lee, but resetting the TPM using the process above didn't work. All it did was make me reset my PIN and sign in again via my Microsoft account. As I mentioned in my initial post, I have an HP Spectre
    x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx, so I've been using the drivers found here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-13-ae000-x360-convertible-pc/16779579

Also as I mentioned, the latest drivers are installed - that's always my first go-to solution (other than turning it off and on again! Auto Scroll on HP Spectre 700 Wireless Mouse :) ).

Any other suggestions?

MarshallHunt25, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Logitech Wireless Mouse

Hi Ken,

Not working wireless mouse could be due to the following:

• Outdated device driver
    • No device driver installed
    • Faulty wireless mouse receiver

We would like to know some information to better isolate the issue:

• Have you done any changes (like updating your Windows) on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using using your wireless mouse on other computer and checked if the issue persists?
    • Have you tried updating your wireless mouse driver?

For initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to run Windows troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshoot in the search box and press Enter.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, then click
      Run the troubleshooter

If the troubleshooter didn't work, you can check this
    article
    about updating your wireless mouse driver.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Auto Scroll on HP Spectre 700 Wireless Mouse

New Mouse Not in Device Manager: Auto Scroll Not Working?

I checked the control panel. It lists the receiver but not the mouse. Will getting Setpoint fix that? Also, any idea about the middle mouse button thing.

Masterofcards, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Auto Scroll on HP Spectre 700 Wireless Mouse

1. Auto Scroll on HP Spectre 700 Wireless Mouse - Similar Threads - Auto Scroll Spectre

2. Windows Mouse auto scrolling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Mouse auto scrolling: Hi there communityI have recently upgraded my computer with a few new parts m.2, gpu, ram, peripherals specifically in November of last year. Has been working well since yesterday 31/03/2022. The mouse first began scrolling in one note and wouldnt stop scrolling laterally,...
  3. Windows Mouse auto scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mouse auto scrolling: Hi there communityI have recently upgraded my computer with a few new parts m.2, gpu, ram, peripherals specifically in November of last year. Has been working well since yesterday 31/03/2022. The mouse first began scrolling in one note and wouldnt stop scrolling laterally,...
  4. Windows Mouse auto scrolling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wireless mouse wheel not scrolling...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse wheel not scrolling...: Since I have installed the latest upgrade on Win10, the scroll wheel on 3 different wireless "mice" has stopped scrolling. I have done everything that I can think to do.I just installed a wired mouse and it scrolls fine.Any ideas on what's going on?...
  6. Wireless mouse wheel not scrolling...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless mouse wheel not scrolling...: Since I have installed the latest upgrade on Win10, the scroll wheel on 3 different wireless "mice" has stopped scrolling. I have done everything that I can think to do.I just installed a wired mouse and it scrolls fine.Any ideas on what's going on?...
  7. Wireless mouse wheel not scrolling...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Mouse auto scrolling

Mouse auto scrolling: I have looked through a lot of places trying to find the answer to this question and no one has been able to get the right thing to work. The problem is that when I am in Windows or Microsoft related apps or even on the home bar I will be auto scrolling, I do not have any app...
  9. Wireless mouse scrolling wheel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wireless mouse scrolling wheel: Just got a new computer. The scrolling wheel works on everything except for the print preview reports that I produce from an sql database program. I cannot see in "Settings", Mouse, Wheel where to add the program reports to allow the scroll to work....
  10. Auto mouse scrolling windows 10

Auto mouse scrolling windows 10: How to stop the auto mouse scrolling in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-mouse-scrolling-windows-10/ada7fd34-9d2c-4934-aad9-ca2e3555a703

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Hp x360 automatically scroll to button windows 10

2. hp spectre mouse 700 double click scroll not working