Windows 10: Auto Scrolling In Menus

Discus and support Auto Scrolling In Menus in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I open the Windows Start menu and settings menus the selection automatically scrolls up. At first it was scrolling down and I thought it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by movingsitter22, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Auto Scrolling In Menus

Whenever I open the Windows Start menu and settings menus the selection automatically scrolls up. At first it was scrolling down and I thought it was just a glitch that would go away with a restart of my laptop or update but no, now it scrolls up instead for some reason. Is this a bug from a recent update or something? How do I fix it? It's making doing anything in the menu a huge pain.

:)

movingsitter22, Mar 21, 2021
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Auto scroll issue

Hi Kunananthaseelan,

Thank you for updating.

I suggest you to install Synaptic driver in Compatibility mode. Also install Keyboard and mouse drivers from manufacturer website.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Do let us know if you still face auto scroll issue. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 21, 2021
  3. jraptor02 Win User
    Menu Scroll Speed is very slow.

I was wondering if there was a way to increase the scroll speed of the menu's in Edge. I just switched from chrome and it takes forever to scroll in a menu in edge.

NOTE: This is not a corrupt file issue. It scrolls just is really slow.

I use a lot of drop down lists that are very long. It literally scrolls less than 1/4 the speed that chrome does....

Any suggestions?

jraptor02, Mar 21, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

Auto Scrolling In Menus

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

Auto Scrolling In Menus

1. Auto Scrolling In Menus - Similar Threads - Auto Scrolling Menus

2. Scrolling in windows menus

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scrolling in windows menus: So I have a G502 mouse wired on a desktop with razer keyboard's I have updated drivers, moved USB ports, ran sfc /scannow, disabled scrolling in inactive windows moved mouse's, restarted, troubleshoot. and done complete resets. I am having the problem where in all windows...
  3. Scrolling in windows menus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scrolling in windows menus: So I have a G502 mouse wired on a desktop with razer keyboard's I have updated drivers, moved USB ports, ran sfc /scannow, disabled scrolling in inactive windows moved mouse's, restarted, troubleshoot. and done complete resets. I am having the problem where in all windows...
  4. Scrolling in windows menus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Arrow keys stuck not physically and auto-scrolling in certain menus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Arrow keys stuck not physically and auto-scrolling in certain menus: I'm not sure if this is caused by the arrow keys or something else, but in several apps or menus there's an erratic scrolling happening. For example in the start menu the white selection box will appear on one app and then constantly scroll up, making the menu unusable as I...
  6. Windows menus selection auto scroll to top

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows menus selection auto scroll to top: It's not my mouse or keyboard as the problem persists even if I disconnect one of them. I've done the scans from command prompt, it found corrupted files and fixed them. Restarted and still no fix. Is there anything else I can do? If I hold down on the keyboard it can beat...
  7. Scrolling on Windows menus

Scrolling on Windows menus: Hi, I'm having a bug where on windows system menus search bar, device manager it automatically scrolls to the bottom. This makes it impossible to use the search bar and frustrating to use other features. I have reinstalled drivers for mouse and keyboard but it's not an issue...
  8. Windows 10 Auto Scrolling in system menus

Windows 10 Auto Scrolling in system menus: It randomly occurred two days after I disabled my mouse from waking the computer. No scrolling occurs on websites, only in windows system menus. Keep in mind I'm an IT professional and have never seen this. I've uninstalled the mouse and keyboard drives and rebooted, I have...
  9. Drop down menus do not work and cursor auto scrolls when auto scroll is off

Drop down menus do not work and cursor auto scrolls when auto scroll is off: When I click on the Start Menu after I click again where ever I hover my cursor starts to auto scroll. Auto scroll is Off on my mouse settings. When I click on a drop down on any website in Edge or Chrome I see the drop down the first time but can not activate a choice....
  10. Windows 10 auto scrolling in system menus

Windows 10 auto scrolling in system menus: How do I restore the functionality of Windows 10 so that I can navigate and select options in system menus and they actually activate the option selection? Beginning about 2 weeks ago, randomly I could not clear the notifications from the notifications area. Rebooting seemed...