Windows 10: Auto Scrolling on window drop down

Discus and support Auto Scrolling on window drop down in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, Not sure how well I can articulate this so please be patient with me. When I click on a drop down to see all options to school from and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RenataFalbo, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Auto Scrolling on window drop down

Hi all,

Not sure how well I can articulate this so please be patient with me.

When I click on a drop down to see all options to school from and hover over the first, the list scrolls up a few options. Likewise, if I hover over the last option, it scrolls down a few options. I don't leave my finger clicked on the mouse, I just hover but it continues to scroll on its own.

I am growing very frustrated with this because often times, I have completely forgotten what I was looking at then what I was looking for so I have to scroll up and down to find the option I was intending to click on.

Hovering over the first or last option in a drop down makes the drop down scroll without me clicking on the mouse or touching the wheel. Please help?

:)

RenataFalbo, Jul 15, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 15, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Auto scroll issue

Hi Kunananthaseelan,

Thank you for updating.

I suggest you to install Synaptic driver in Compatibility mode. Also install Keyboard and mouse drivers from manufacturer website.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Do let us know if you still face auto scroll issue. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 15, 2019
  4. Auto Scrolling on window drop down

Weird Auto Scroll

For some reason i'm suddenly having a strange issue with my mouse on Windows 10.

If I try and click on any Drop Down list box they automatically close, if I select all apps and move my mouse cursor over the apps it will quickly scroll to the bottom. if I turn my mouse off (it's a wifi mouse) the phenomenon will still occur.

I can use the mouse to drag the list of apps back to the top but as soon as I let go of the mouse button back down it goes.

Note: I just tried a drop down list in World of Warcraft and the problem does not exist.

i.e.

Chrome (this webpage) - I have to use a keyboard to select the options

Windows Apps - these auto scroll

World of Warcraft - No weird behaviour

DerrickHobson, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

Auto Scrolling on window drop down

1. Auto Scrolling on window drop down - Similar Threads - Auto Scrolling window

2. Windows 10 auto scrolling down and selecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 auto scrolling down and selecting: When i click the start buttton it starts slecting random things so fast that i can't even restart it or when i go to settings => application for example it scrolls me to the buttom and get stuck therewhen i restart it stops for a while then comes backWindows 10 proversion...
  3. Windows 10 auto scrolling down and selecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 auto scrolling down and selecting: When i click the start buttton it starts slecting random things so fast that i can't even restart it or when i go to settings => application for example it scrolls me to the buttom and get stuck therewhen i restart it stops for a while then comes backWindows 10 proversion...
  4. Windows 10 auto scrolling down and selecting

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Network list and settings auto scrolling down

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network list and settings auto scrolling down: Without any warning my computer stopped working. In the network list, it automatically selects the last network in the list and will not let me scroll up to my own network. In the network setting, if i select something that doesn't change the page, it highlights the proxy...
  6. Automatic scrolling and will not allow drop down menus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic scrolling and will not allow drop down menus: My Dell laptop has recently started automatically scrolling to the bottom of web pages as soon as I open them. I use the Edge browser that came installed when I bought the computer or I use Chrome. It happens on both browsers and it also happens when I try to open the start...
  7. CANNOT SCROLL THRU DROP DOWN MENU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CANNOT SCROLL THRU DROP DOWN MENU: I am unable to scroll through the font drop down menu in Shutterstock Editor App. It stops on "A" fonts. I don't see a scroll bar on this drop down menu. I've tried switching browsers. Per recommendation, on windows settings, I switched off- mouse-touchpad scroll...
  8. Drop down menus do not work and cursor auto scrolls when auto scroll is off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drop down menus do not work and cursor auto scrolls when auto scroll is off: When I click on the Start Menu after I click again where ever I hover my cursor starts to auto scroll. Auto scroll is Off on my mouse settings. When I click on a drop down on any website in Edge or Chrome I see the drop down the first time but can not activate a choice....
  9. Scrolling/Drop Down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scrolling/Drop Down: Has anyone else expererienced drop down box and scrolling issues since last window update? If so, it has taken me days to sort out, but finally simply switched USB port for wireless mouse and all is fixed. Have asked and answered in oine go to hopeffuly save others time....
  10. drop down auto fill boxes

in Windows 10 Customization
    drop down auto fill boxes: due to living in multiple places and having multiple people use the computer there are numerous names, addresses, email addresses, cities and zip codes in these autofill boxes....how do i permanately delete the ones already there and stop new ones from being saved...