Windows 10: Auto slash(\) problem

Discus and support Auto slash(\) problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Okay the problem is pretty annoying. PC: Lenovo Ideapad 320 OS: Windows 10 Build: 1809 and 1903 The Problem at hand: Slash - '\' is being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by t3chn0tr0n, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Auto slash(\) problem

Okay the problem is pretty annoying.

PC: Lenovo Ideapad 320

Build: 1809 and 1903

The Problem at hand:

Slash - '\' is being entered automatically. It continues to enter as long as I am not not pressing any key.

The moment I press a key, the auto pressing stops momentarily, and resumes to its business within 1-2 secs.

However sometimes it do stop for few minutes.

Solutions Tried: (None worked obviously, thus I am here)

1. Updated the keyboard drivers.2. Uninstalled the keyboard drivers, with reinstalls itself as the PC reboots to finish the uninstalling.

3. Used external keyboard

4. Used Safe Mode and Safe Mode with Network

Observations:

My PC is dual booted, so when switched to Fedora, the problem is not there.

So, clearly its not a hardware problem.

Since its there in safe mode also, its safe to assume its not a virus, i guess.

When it all started?3 days back as of writing this. PC took an update, as I pressed 'Check for updates'.

It was a small Windows defender update, plus some others.( The last updates of 1809 build).

After this update it all stated.

Then it took the 1903 build.

The problem still persists and I am frustrated af. Can not use the PC at all!

It took me 1/2hr to write this. :=(

Not planning to do a clean install unless there's no other option.

Please help.

Regards,

t3chn0tr0n

:)

t3chn0tr0n, Jun 15, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Cannot get Forward OR Backward Slash to work in Windows 10

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we are happy to help you.

You are not able use forward slash key and backward slash key on your keyboard

Could you answer few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What is the make and model of the keyboard?
    • Do you have problem with any other keys?

I would like you to use On screen keyboard and check.

Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key+W and type On Screen Key Board.
    • Select Turn on screen Key Board on or off.
    • Click on Start On Screen Key Board.
    A new key board window will open up. Try to use that and check if it works.

Post back us with results. We’ll be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Jun 15, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Auto slash(\) problem

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Auto slash(\) problem

1. Auto slash(\) problem - Similar Threads - Auto slash problem

2. auto repair problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    auto repair problem: I have a problem when I turn on the computer, the phrase “auto repair” appears every time, even though I formatted the computer via a USB flash drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-repair-problem/0cb8ba79-5e0b-4a00-be7d-250e12bf5bc7
  3. auto repair problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    auto repair problem: I have a problem when I turn on the computer, the phrase “auto repair” appears every time, even though I formatted the computer via a USB flash drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-repair-problem/0cb8ba79-5e0b-4a00-be7d-250e12bf5bc7
  4. Auto Restart Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Restart Problem: While I was doing some important work,my computer automatically restarted.It kept doing that process just to make me do not use Windows 10.Am I have been hacked by someone or any reasons?Are there any solution for this?...
  5. Auto Restart Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto Restart Problem: While I was doing some important work,my computer automatically restarted.It kept doing that process just to make me do not use Windows 10.Am I have been hacked by someone or any reasons?Are there any solution for this?...
  6. Problems with auto-connecting.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with auto-connecting.: The wifi for some reason gives me trouble with auto-connecting. This problem occurs across multiple networks. I go to the computer with it not connected then try to connect. It will connect for about a minute before the connection drops. Going through the cycle of manually...
  7. Auto scrolling problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto scrolling problem: In my windows I have a problem of auto scrolling. I have turn off 'scroll inactive windows when I hover over them'. But, that was a temporary solution and after sometime again auto scrolling started. So is there any other solution?...
  8. Forward Slash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Forward Slash: Im going to lose my mind, I can not stand this keyboard....top row 3 button has a forward slash, and I see another forward slash as well on the last row, bottom right next to the CAPS button, but neither one works....Ive tried switching from English Canadian to English...
  9. Slashing Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slashing Screen: How can I fix my flashing screen on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slashing-screen/ca5974fd-4366-4681-b9a1-53b99d087121
  10. Auto updates problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Auto updates problems: *Sad Every time MSC updates system and apps it invariably causes problems, I have had to do yet another clean reinstall of W10 this time to enable the optical drive to be recognized and to enable Excel (2013) to open when double clicking a filename. It takes a considerable...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenova IdeaPad 320 slashes automatically

2. laptop types forward slash since last update on windows 10