Windows 10: Auto sleep not working in last few days

Discus and support Auto sleep not working in last few days in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There is something stopping Windows auto-sleeping for me in the last few days. The screen goes blank, but then something brings it back to life before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by imacken, Oct 14, 2020.

1. imacken Win User

Auto sleep not working in last few days

There is something stopping Windows auto-sleeping for me in the last few days.

The screen goes blank, but then something brings it back to life before my PC sleeps. I've looked at powercfg -requests - lastwake etc. but can't see anything.

It's not USB controllers either which has cost me issues in the past, as I have tried with them disconnected.

Any ideas on this? Driving me mad.

:)

imacken, Oct 14, 2020
  2. no1yak70 Win User

Auto Sleep not working

Well, since the update to 1909 my auto sleep doesn't work. The monitor goes to sleep at the right time but the computer stays on. I've set every combination for sleep times but, nothing works. Googled said problem and all of the suggestions are useless. Can't go back to 1903 as my backup drive no longer 1903 on it.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

no1yak70, Oct 14, 2020
  3. zalophus Win User
    Auto Sleep Has Stopped Working

Win 10 Upgrade done a year ago. Everything worked fine. No hardware or software changes in last six months, other than auto Win 10 updates. System always went to sleep automatically per Power Option settings.

Then three days ago, Auto sleep of system no longer works (Monitor goes to sleep on time, but not system). Manual Sleep (Windows/Power/Sleep) works fine.

I have read all the previous posts about this issue, tried all the suggested fixes, and have now done all the trouble shooting that I can think of, but Sleep problem, persists.

zalophus, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Auto sleep not working in last few days - Similar Threads - Auto sleep working

2. MSDisplayAdapter_2C firmware version 2.0.8442 stopped working in the last few days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSDisplayAdapter_2C firmware version 2.0.8442 stopped working in the last few days: It stopped working with my Windows 10 laptop in Jan 2023 - Windows Updates checked this morning. It still works with my Android phone - therefore not actually the adapter itself.Seems to be a problem with Windows Defender Firewall. The adapter works with Private Networks...
  3. MSDisplayAdapter_2C firmware version 2.0.8442 stopped working in the last few days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSDisplayAdapter_2C firmware version 2.0.8442 stopped working in the last few days: It stopped working with my Windows 10 laptop in Jan 2023 - Windows Updates checked this morning. It still works with my Android phone - therefore not actually the adapter itself.Seems to be a problem with Windows Defender Firewall. The adapter works with Private Networks...
  4. Mutliple BSOD over the last few days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mutliple BSOD over the last few days: After checking the event viewer after a BSOD I see this error that I posted below not sure what it means exactly can anyone help? Using Windows 10 The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000c4 (0x0000000000000083, 0x0000000018118000,...
  5. Been crashing for the last few days

Been crashing for the last few days: Hi there, I've been crashing a bunch for the last few days, starting on the 13th. I believe it started with an update I did right before I updated to the feature update version 2004, or maybe with the update to 2004 itself. I actually crashed 4 times in one day, then 2 the...
  6. ebay's been acting weird the last few days?

ebay's been acting weird the last few days?: Since a few days the ebay page looks like the screenshot shows. [ATTACH] I use win10 and firefox and have not changed anything in the settings. This is also only the case on ebay. Unfortunately, I can't even find a field where I could log in. Do others have...
  7. Slow Copy/Cut last few days

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow Copy/Cut last few days: Copy/Cut/Paste has become very slow past few days 523 mb taking over an hour,currently stuck at 25% for past 30 mins. Small files get to 90% after quite a while,then sticks indefinaatejy, Urgent hep needed please Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (1903, 18362.1016) 163642
  8. Last windows update a few days ago

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Last windows update a few days ago: Since the windows 10 update a few days ago, a lot of my Microsoft products do not seem to be working properly. It seems odd to me that they release these updates before they see how they react with programs etc that they manage. Like Microsoft Solitaire. It keeps turning...
  9. BSOD over the last few days

BSOD over the last few days: I've noticed that over the last few days my machine has been crashing randomly. This machine is fairly static, software is very rarely added. It's mainly just Windows Updates. Any idea where to start?...
  10. Auto Sleep not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Sleep not working: Well, since the update to 1909 my auto sleep doesn't work. The monitor goes to sleep at the right time but the computer stays on. I've set every combination for sleep times but, nothing works. Googled said problem and all of the suggestions are useless. Can't go back to 1903...