Windows 10: Auto Sleep not working

Discus and support Auto Sleep not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Well, since the update to 1909 my auto sleep doesn't work. The monitor goes to sleep at the right time but the computer stays on. I've set every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by no1yak70, Nov 16, 2019.

1. no1yak70 Win User

Auto Sleep not working

Well, since the update to 1909 my auto sleep doesn't work. The monitor goes to sleep at the right time but the computer stays on. I've set every combination for sleep times but, nothing works. Googled said problem and all of the suggestions are useless. Can't go back to 1903 as my backup drive no longer 1903 on it.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

:)

no1yak70, Nov 16, 2019
  2. zalophus Win User

Auto Sleep Has Stopped Working

Win 10 Upgrade done a year ago. Everything worked fine. No hardware or software changes in last six months, other than auto Win 10 updates. System always went to sleep automatically per Power Option settings.

Then three days ago, Auto sleep of system no longer works (Monitor goes to sleep on time, but not system). Manual Sleep (Windows/Power/Sleep) works fine.

I have read all the previous posts about this issue, tried all the suggested fixes, and have now done all the trouble shooting that I can think of, but Sleep problem, persists.

zalophus, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 16, 2019
  4. s00tie Win User

Auto Sleep not working

Windows 10 Will Not Auto Sleep

I've seen lots of threads about similar issues here and I think I've tried everything I've read but nothing will make my PC sleep. It worked fine with Windows 8.1 but since 10 it doesn't matter what I change, the only way to make the PC sleep is to do it manually.

Here are some of the steps I've followed with no success:

- powercfg /requests shows nothing
    - powercfg /energy doesn't show anything interesting
    - no media sharing is enabled
    - homegroup is disabled
    - disabling NIC has no effect
    - removing everything from the PC other than power and HDMI for video has no effect
    - everything but my mouse is set not to wake pc (I have also tried with the mouse also set to no avail)
    - updated drivers where possible

The weird thing is if I don't log onto the PC from a reboot, it will sleep just fine - the minute I log on it refuses to auto sleep. Also, if I boot into Safe Mode, the sleep works just fine again.

It's driving me crazy as combined with the auto setting for windows update (despite having disable wake timers selected) the PC will sometimes wake in the middle of the night and stay on until I sleep it again.

A guy here at Reddit has the same issue, but the thread isn't seeing much activity:
    My self-built Windows 10 PC will not automatically go to sleep under any condition : techsupport

Happy to answer questions about my setup or try suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

s00tie, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Auto Sleep not working

1. Auto Sleep not working - Similar Threads - Auto Sleep working

2. Auto sleep no longer working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Auto sleep no longer working: For the last six months or so both my auto screen shutdown and auto sleep have not been working. Instead I always manually sleep when I leave my computer. Any advice how to fix automatic sleep? Auto screen shut off is set for 10 minutes, and auto sleep is set for 15 minutes....
  3. Auto sleep no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto sleep no longer working: For the last six months or so both my auto screen shutdown and auto sleep have not been working. Instead I always manually sleep when I leave my computer. Any advice how to fix automatic sleep? Auto screen shut off is set for 10 minutes, and auto sleep is set for 15 minutes....
  4. Auto sleep no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Auto sleep not working in last few days

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto sleep not working in last few days: There is something stopping Windows auto-sleeping for me in the last few days. The screen goes blank, but then something brings it back to life before my PC sleeps. I've looked at powercfg -requests - lastwake etc. but can't see anything. It's not USB controllers either...
  6. windows 10 Freezes on Auto sleep --- manual sleep works

windows 10 Freezes on Auto sleep --- manual sleep works: I just purchase a new Omen 875 with i9-9900, 2080ti, 32 gb ram, 512 m2 SSD harddrive with windows 10 64 bit I am having trouble with the sleep function. Everything else seems to be working fine. Initially I was able to manually set the computer to sleep without issue. But...
  7. Pc won't auto sleep.

Pc won't auto sleep.: Basically my PC wont sleep. A USB audio device and Legacy Kernel Caller are preventing it. I have already disabled my headphones as well as unplugged and re plugged them. Powercfg -requestsoverride doesn't work either. Powercfg -requests is below. Please help, since this is...
  8. sleep activates auto sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    sleep activates auto sleep: After starting up no automatic sleep, display stays turned on (all power options NEVER, all BIOS options DISABLE) When turning computer to sleep manually (standby S3 available) it goes sleep and wakes up normally. AND then after two minutes goes to automatic sleep,...
  9. Passwords and Auto Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Passwords and Auto Sleep: I just upgraded from windows 7 sp2 to Windows 10.. I'm pissed at MS because it makes me log in with a password. I don't have sensitive information. No one but me uses the computer, so its a big PITA. Someone suggested a program to run so that when I reboot, I don't have to...
  10. Auto Sleep Has Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Sleep Has Stopped Working: Win 10 Upgrade done a year ago. Everything worked fine. No hardware or software changes in last six months, other than auto Win 10 updates. System always went to sleep automatically per Power Option settings. Then three days ago, Auto sleep of system no longer works...