Windows 10: Auto Snap - jumps back

Discus and support Auto Snap - jumps back in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Often when I try to "snap" a window to one side of the monitor using the win+<> shortcut, it simply jumps back. I then have to repeat the operation,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AdrianKomiński, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Auto Snap - jumps back

Often when I try to "snap" a window to one side of the monitor using the win+<> shortcut, it simply jumps back. I then have to repeat the operation, and it works.

Has anyone had a similar issue?

[Moved from: Windows 10 / Performance & system failures]

:)

AdrianKomiński, Sep 25, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 25, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Jump Lists No Longer Appear

You could try this free program (easy to find) - options switch jump lists on and off.

Auto Snap - jumps back [​IMG]

(a nice feature of it is if you mouse over the taskbar, the scroll wheel controls volume)

There's also this setting (bottom) (just search Settings for jump)

Auto Snap - jumps back [​IMG]

dalchina, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Auto Snap - jumps back

cannot turn off jump list

Hi Rohit,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the Jump Lists on Windows 10:

• Go to Start menu, search Settings, then press
      Enter.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Start.
    • Turn off the Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Auto Snap - jumps back

1. Auto Snap - jumps back - Similar Threads - Auto Snap jumps

2. mouse cursor jump and snap assist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse cursor jump and snap assist: hii, i dont know if anyone would see this and help me out, but i am here to try after a long day trying to find a solution, and i just clean install windows and the problem persist.Problem:I have two monitors, same models same everything, today i dont know what i mess up that...
  3. mouse cursor jump and snap assist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse cursor jump and snap assist: hii, i dont know if anyone would see this and help me out, but i am here to try after a long day trying to find a solution, and i just clean install windows and the problem persist.Problem:I have two monitors, same models same everything, today i dont know what i mess up that...
  4. mouse cursor jump and snap assist

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Auto Snap/Resizing is Driving Me Nuts!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto Snap/Resizing is Driving Me Nuts!: I work from home full time using an IBM Thinkpad desktop that uses Windows10. As part of my job, I need to frequently use Google Chrome, as well as Excel and Outlook. So, I need to have mutiple programs open and visible at the same time. I like to reduce the size of my...
  6. Page jumps back to top

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Page jumps back to top: This is a crazy problem but it will drive you crazy, too. Imagine a picture folder with 100 pictures. That many icons won't fit on one page. So you scroll down to the picture you want to rename. Highlight that picture, and while you're thinking about what to name it, the...
  7. Snap back to top in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Snap back to top in File Explorer: Whenever I am searching files, in a folder that has more than one page view in Windows Explorer, it snaps back to the top after a few seconds. How do I stop this?...
  8. Auto Snap to function of the pointer while typing.

Auto Snap to function of the pointer while typing.: I am trying to find out how to stop the autosnap function of the mouse pointer while I am typing. It seems to occur everywhere but here. Where do you adjust this function?...
  9. Windows 10 Auto Snap - Window occasionally snaps to a phantom desktop / desktop that...

Windows 10 Auto Snap - Window occasionally snaps to a phantom desktop / desktop that...: So I only just found the fix for this without closing and reopening the program, (I'll post it below), but now I'm curious, confused, and angry as to why it happens. So I'm on my laptop and I have a second screen plugged in via HDMI. I mostly see the problem with ZOOM, but...
  10. Auro Snap - jumps back

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auro Snap - jumps back: Often when I try to "snap" a window to one side of the monitor using the win+<> shortcut, it simply jumps back. I then have to repeat the operation, and it works. Has anyone had a similar issue?...