Windows 10: Auto split audio file based on text transcript file.

Discus and support Auto split audio file based on text transcript file. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I did some transcription for a friend, and he needs the audio file broken out into sentences. The audio file is 2.5 hours long, one file. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jjohnston7, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Auto split audio file based on text transcript file.

I did some transcription for a friend, and he needs the audio file broken out into sentences.

The audio file is 2.5 hours long, one file.

I have converted the transcription into a CSV file, so each line is one sentence (not sure if that helps)

Is there a program that can look at these and automatically split the audio file based on each line of the csv, so each audio file matches what is in the csv?

I'm sure the answer is no, but wanted to avoid some manual work if possible.

jjohnston7, Jan 3, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jan 3, 2019
  3. convert youtube audio into printable text transcript

Hi,

I hope I can help you, I will give you several options to solve

Let’s check out Best Way to Transcribe Audio to Text :->

M-1: Transcribe with Google Speech-to-Text

If you’re not a great typist, text-to-speech technologies can be wonderful, and Google launched its free service to much fanfare.

These are the steps for using the workaround dictation method:

Open a Google Doc using Chrome as your browser. Other browsers won’t work.

Make sure your microphone is on and functioning. S

Click Tools on the navigation bar, select “voice typing.” Then click the large microphone icon that pops up.

Listen to the audio file using your phone or other device with headphones on. Then start speaking what you hear.

[Source Reference]: 3 Methods to Transcribe Audio to Text…

Note: You can also use “Virtual Audio Cable” to Transcribe Pre-recorded Audio file on your PC.

M-2: How to transcribe audio using Dragon Dictate

I use Dragon Naturally Speaking voice recognition software a lot (Actually Dragon for Mac, but have used the PC version too). Dragon was a game changer for my workflow, and I did not expect that.

M-3: Best Free Way: Transcribe Through “YouTube”

Go to YouTube and upload your video file. If you have an MP3 audio file, you may use a tool like Windows Movie Maker, iMovie on Mac or FFMpeg to convert the audio into a video file before uploading to YouTube.

Wait for YouTube to completely process the video. The machine transcriptions may not immediately become available after uploading the video.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope this can help

MathewCooper, Jan 3, 2019
  4. oily_17 Win User

Auto split audio file based on text transcript file.

Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Auto split audio file based on text transcript file.

1. Auto split audio file based on text transcript file. - Similar Threads - Auto split audio

2. Clipchamp text in subtitles not changing despite editing text in Transcript

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clipchamp text in subtitles not changing despite editing text in Transcript: Hi,I'm editing a video in Clipchamp and have turned on the auto-captioning feature.Captions have been generated. They are not entirely accurate to what is being said, so I try to edit the text in the Transcript panel on the right-hand toolbar in order to change the text in...
  3. Clipchamp text in subtitles not changing despite editing text in Transcript

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clipchamp text in subtitles not changing despite editing text in Transcript: Hi,I'm editing a video in Clipchamp and have turned on the auto-captioning feature.Captions have been generated. They are not entirely accurate to what is being said, so I try to edit the text in the Transcript panel on the right-hand toolbar in order to change the text in...
  4. Split screen also splitting audio?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Split screen also splitting audio?: I am having the weirdest problem. When I use the win 10 function of dragging and dropping two different things to view side by side (in this case youtube on the left side of the screen and a game on the right side of the screen) it also splits the audio, the left side of the...
  5. App for converting audio files to text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    App for converting audio files to text: Is there any app which can convert audio files to text? so I will be able to import a audio clip and then the app will transform that to text which I can copy/edit. My Win 10 version is 1909. 151841
  6. App for converting audio files to text

in Windows 10 Support
    App for converting audio files to text: Is there any app which can convert audio files to text? so I will be able to import a audio clip and then the app will transform that to text which I can copy/edit. My Win 10 version is 1909. 151841
  7. convert youtube audio into printable text transcript

in Windows 10 Customization
    convert youtube audio into printable text transcript: I have a Hewlett All in one desktop computer. I need to have a document style text conversion of the audio which I can then print. This would be very helpful rather than manually typing out the audio, having to constantly start and stop to catch up and/or slowing the audio...
  8. Video software to split MKV files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video software to split MKV files: Hi there I've got a number of DVD RAM (Video-recorder) type RTAV files that I've converted to MKV on hard Disk. These are recorded as a continuous file . However sometimes I have 2 or 3 episodes in this file and would like to break the file up into the constituent...
  9. Preview Pane text based file

in Windows 10 Support
    Preview Pane text based file: I use a program for work, and it saves files with an extension .blt Those files can also be opened fine in notepad, and are 100% text based. In every PC since windows 7 I have always managed to use PreviewConfig.exe to set the extension viewable in the preview pane. I...
  10. DISM - Split install.wim file

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    DISM - Split install.wim file: How to: DISM - Split install.wim file [img] Information Overall, Windows image size (the size of install.wim file) is growing version by version. In fact, it is slowly approaching the magical 4 GB file size limit for a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive. Especially if you...