Windows 10: Auto start after power failure

Discus and support Auto start after power failure in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been trying to determine if my version of Windows (1809) will do an auto-start after a power failure. Most of the info I find tells me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MFisher60, Aug 11, 2019.

1. MFisher60 Win User

Auto start after power failure

I have been trying to determine if my version of Windows (1809) will do an auto-start after a power failure.

Most of the info I find tells me to access the UEFI settings, but for some reason I am unable to do that through the processes outlined. There's simply no option to select the UEFI settings.

I've also been through the BIOS settings but there simply isn't a option to Restore on AC/Power Loss.

Any suggestions?

System summary:

Auto start after power failure 7c3bfa5b-2273-4b37-ba1b-0d8c8642e021?upload=true.jpg

:)

MFisher60, Aug 11, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    driver power state failure help!

Hi,

It is possible that the error Driver Power State Failure you received is can be caused by
    the driver itself or power settings.
    To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by S M Mahmudul Hasan
    on this thread on how to troubleshoot Driver Power State
    Failure.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

to solve the auto power on problem

Hi
    Adarsha,

Based on the details provided, were there any changes made before the issue occurred? It is possible that your power
    settings were reconfigured. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting and see if there are any changes:

Disable fast startup.

To do this, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the start menu and choose
      Control Panel.

• Change
      "View by"
      from
      Category
      to
      Small icons.

• Choose
      Power Options.

• On the right side, click on
      "Choose what the power buttons do".

• Under
      Shutdown settings, uncheck the
      "Turn on fast startup".

Unmarked Automatic Restart in the System Settings.

To do this, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      View advanced
      system settings
      and hit
      Enter.

• Under
      Advanced tab
      and
      Startup and Recovery, click on
      Settings.

• Uncheck
      "Automatically Restart"
      and click
      OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Auto start after power failure - Similar Threads - Auto start power

2. DESKTOP DISPLAY LOST AFTER POWER FAILURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DESKTOP DISPLAY LOST AFTER POWER FAILURE: I started up my computer after a power failure. The desktop display screen is completely different. I think it might be the default blue screen with Windows logo.I personalized screen had a family photo and several shortcut desktop icons to excels/word document files. they...
  3. Auto Power-On?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Auto Power-On?: Is there a setting for my all-in-one Lenovo to fire up on its own at a set time every day or on set days? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-power-on/05d6fd3b-9d97-48ee-a418-c816b306b3f6
  4. Auto repair failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto repair failure: I found this answer but i dont know how to get my hard drive partition code so i cant complete it. What am i supposed to do? We just want to confirm, have you already tried performing the solution below? Use Command Prompt from Windows 10 Boot Options menu. When Boot...
  5. Auto login Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto login Failure: i need help. the xbox app auto login the games on windows 10 wont allow me to log in. when i play (astroneer) a grey box with xbox live written in it pops up and disappears it keeps doing that again and again .i can't play or see the game, i tried thw same thing with hello...
  6. Auto login Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto login Failure: i need help. the xbox app auto login the games on windows 10 wont allow me to log in. when i play (astroneer) a grey box with xbox live written in it pops up and disappears it keeps doing that again and again .i can't play or see the game, i tried thw same thing with hello...
  7. Problems after a power failure

Problems after a power failure: Hello All, I have Windows 10 Pro on my computer. Version 1803(OS build 17134.407) OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 635 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 5 Stepping 3 Processor Count: 4 RAM: 5887 Mb Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD...
  8. Failure to start windows completely, power cycles on its own, starts

Failure to start windows completely, power cycles on its own, starts: Ok, so my computer has started to do something weird on startup. Sometimes it fully boots normally on the first try. Great! About half the time, though, it does not. It gets to the part where you get the windows logo and the spinning semi-circle of white dots, and then...
  9. How to check for issues after a power failure?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to check for issues after a power failure?: This morning, the electricity went out for a second, and my computer shut down, then started back up when the power came back on. How can I be 100% sure that no important Windows files (or the registry or master file table) were corrupted? I'm a bit paranoid because my old...
  10. Windows 10 will not start after power failure

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not start after power failure: Been running Windows 10 Upgrade for about 1 week now. Everything was working great until a power failure this afternoon. Turned PC back on and got this message " Computer did not shut down correctly" then this message "Preparing automatic repair" then " Diagnosing your PC"...