Windows 10: Auto-Start apps on startup

Discus and support Auto-Start apps on startup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, so this problem has been sticking with me for a while. I sometimes change the desktop by using Task View, with some apps still open in the earlier... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SpryCowBoy, May 11, 2021.

1. Auto-Start apps on startup

Hi, so this problem has been sticking with me for a while. I sometimes change the desktop by using Task View, with some apps still open in the earlier desktop. I forget all about those apps, and I sometimes shut the Notebook down without closing the apps on Desktop 1. Then, when I reopen my Notebook, the apps that were forced shut down automatically start up again, but I don't need those apps of the Desktop 1. Please help how I can turn off their startup. I have tried disabling background apps, and disabled all apps on startup from Task Manager's Startup Tab.PLEASE HELP!!!

:)

SpryCowBoy, May 11, 2021
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 11, 2021
  3. How to add an app for auto start and auto login after window startup

Hi ,

I need some im trying to setup a third party app to run after windows login startup , i need also this app to auto login since it requires credential to run , app doesn't have any option for auto run or auto login thats why i need to find a way to do it
    from win or another app. Any suggestion thanks

IvanGonzalez9, May 11, 2021
  4. Auto-Start apps on startup

all office apps startup only after re-start windows

If your computer has an SSD, then this should solve your issue and you won't see any noticeable bootup speed changes:

Disable Fast Startup (step by step):

1. Open Control Panel
    2. Navigate to Hardware and Sound --> Power Options
    3. Then click on "Choose what the power buttons do"
    4. Press "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    5. Under Shutdown settings untick the box beside "Turn on fast startup (recommended)"
    6. Save changes and reboot once.

Auto-Start apps on startup [​IMG]

Once logged in and Windows has booted up properly and settled, shut down your computer. After that boot your computer again and test your Office apps. They should work now.

slicendice, May 11, 2021
Thema:

Auto-Start apps on startup

1. Auto-Start apps on startup - Similar Threads - Auto Start apps

2. apps keep starting at startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    apps keep starting at startup: I have a question, how can I stop the applications to start when I open my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-keep-starting-at-startup/8b010aaa-814f-4ea3-8a98-f06fb216112e
  3. apps keep starting at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps keep starting at startup: I have a question, how can I stop the applications to start when I open my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-keep-starting-at-startup/8b010aaa-814f-4ea3-8a98-f06fb216112e
  4. apps keep starting at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Startup apps won't start sometimes.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Startup apps won't start sometimes.: I need the startup apps to run even before log in, so WOL can be used remotely and I can access my system anywhere. Sometimes it will run them while some other times it won't. How can I fix it? Fast startup is disabled on windows but Fast boot is enabled on the BIOS. Is there...
  6. Auto start applications on safe mode startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto start applications on safe mode startup: Can a 3rd party program be set up to auto start when Windows is booted into safe mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-start-applications-on-safe-mode-startup/804fb972-18b5-450c-90f7-152083076d91
  7. Auto-start Teams on Windows 10 startup

Auto-start Teams on Windows 10 startup: Hello, There were some Windows updates recently that I absolutely hate. The Windows update apparently installed Microsoft Teams and has it automatically run after I sign in to my Windows profile. I went in and uninstalled Teams to fix the issue because I have absolutely...
  8. How to add an app for auto start and auto login after window startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add an app for auto start and auto login after window startup: Hi , I need some im trying to setup a third party app to run after windows login startup , i need also this app to auto login since it requires credential to run , app doesn't have any option for auto run or auto login thats why i need to find a way to do it from win or...
  9. Win10 1803 Startup App not starting

Win10 1803 Startup App not starting: Having a puzzling problem with an application in the common startup folder. I placed the shortcut of an application in the common startup folder, but when Windows boots it never launches the app. If I double click the shortcut, it opens just fine. Task manager shows the app...
  10. No startup folder - how to auto start a program

No startup folder - how to auto start a program: Since there is no START folder, how do you set up an exe file to run whenever windows 10 starts? Thanks Doug 28491