Windows 10: Auto storage to OneDrive

Discus and support Auto storage to OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Somehow my setting got changed and all my Pictures and Documents are now being directly saved there. How do I change it back to save just to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by richard000000001, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Auto storage to OneDrive

Somehow my setting got changed and all my Pictures and Documents are now being directly saved there. How do I change it back to save just to my Computer?

:)

richard000000001, Jul 25, 2020
  2. RCoon Win User

OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

Google Drive offers 17GB free, I see no discernible reason to bother with OneDrive's crippled storage capacity.

EDIT: For a painless transfer, I used microsoft's SyncToy to do a daily backup of DropBox/OneDrive items nightly at 4PM to a Google Drive folder. Once I had finished setting up my phone's automatic backup and had my work flow transferred, I just stopped the auto-backup script and uninstalled OneDrive/DropBox and carried on using Google Drive. Switching cloud storage service isn't remotely arduous.

RCoon, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Frick Win User

Auto storage to OneDrive

Cloud storage (aka Onedrive will suck so need to find something else)

So, I will have to move away from Onedrive, which is sad because it's frankly the best free cloud storage I know of. But as someone said: "Microsoft realized they accidentaly made a great service." and they'll change it so that starting soon this will happen (the things that affect me anyway):
    • 100 GB and 200 GB paid plans are going away as an option for new users and will be replaced with a 50 GB plan for $1.99 per month in early 2016.
    • Free OneDrive storage will decrease from 15 GB to 5 GB for all users, current and new. The 15 GB camera roll storage bonus will also be discontinued. These changes will start rolling out in early 2016.
    This is so much crap. I use the free version and yeah $1.99/month I probably could afford, but it still SUCKS. Seriously, I usually don't get the MS hate, but this is a poop-poop move.

So I need something new.

Dropbox is out. Too tiny. Google Drive might be an alternative, but I'd rather not, for ... reasons I can't remember right now.

What I need:
    • something like 15GB storage or so.
    • Automatic photo uploading from my phone (Android)
    • Preferably an actual app for Android (yes I know you can setup ES File Explorer and the like but that's usually pretty cumbersome)
    The simplest solution I'm actually leaning towards is just to give up and get a 100GB plan now (current 100/200GB plans will not be affected, in the future they won't be avaliable to new customers), but that's the easy way out. *Frown Auto storage to OneDrive :(

Frick, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Auto storage to OneDrive

1. Auto storage to OneDrive - Similar Threads - Auto storage OneDrive

2. OneDrive Storage Decreasing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Storage Decreasing?: HiI've noticed that my total OneDrive storage appears to be decreasing. When I started university, my total storage size was 2TB. Yesterday, OneDrive was complaining to me that there was no space left and to my horror, the total had gone down to 1.7TB. Today, I've noticed the...
  3. OneDrive storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive storage: How do I make it so that some downloads can be stored into my one drive instead of being placed in my computer's drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-storage/15956e13-04ae-4b5a-9ddb-6d53b6e9c436
  4. OneDrive storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive storage: How do I make it so that some downloads can be stored into my one drive instead of being placed in my computer's drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-storage/15956e13-04ae-4b5a-9ddb-6d53b6e9c436
  5. OneDrive Maximum Storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Maximum Storage: I looked at the plans offered for purchased OneDrive storage. The largest I see is 1 TB. Is that the largest, or can I keep purchasing more and more 1 TB chunks? Thank you....
  6. OneDrive storage is full

OneDrive storage is full: Purchased a 100 GB storage plan earlier today. While attempting to transfer approx 50GB of photos to OneDrive I am being notified that OneDrive is full. Being asked to get more storage or delete some files. ***Original Title: Erroneous message that OneDrive is full***...
  7. Onedrive storage

Onedrive storage: Hi I have 4 x hardrives on my PC a 250 GB ssd C drive for OS and programmes, 1tb HHD D drive for documents, 2Tb SSD E drive for pictures and videos and 2Tb HHD F drive for backups. I have just setup Onedrive to backup my desktop, documents and pictures using F drive but now...
  8. onedrive storage.

onedrive storage.: hello, I was wondering if it is possible to save/download or import games to the one drive on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-storage/66222e50-7c22-486b-b785-eb972a4dd9b4"
  9. OneDrive Auto Updates

OneDrive Auto Updates: My understanding was that OneDrive app updates automatically. However I am seeing that there is a 18.025.0204 version and my installed version is 17.005.0107.0008. Do I have to install new versions manually? Won't this mess up the existing configuration? 107336
  10. OneDrive Auto Download

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Auto Download: Wasn't sure where to put this one, so feel free to relocate. I got this interesting dialog this morning, never seen it before. [img] 105521