Windows 10: Auto tablet mode no longer working after 1809 build

Discus and support Auto tablet mode no longer working after 1809 build in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently installed the 1809 build in my Lenovo 2-in-1 laptop and ever since, when I fold the keyboard back for tablet mode, it doesn't automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Akira Villalpando, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Auto tablet mode no longer working after 1809 build

I recently installed the 1809 build in my Lenovo 2-in-1 laptop and ever since, when I fold the keyboard back for tablet mode, it doesn't automatically activate tablet mode nor does it deactivate the keyboard and trackpad. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

:)

Akira Villalpando, Mar 14, 2019

2. Tablet mode not working in Windows 10.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What happens when you try to turn on the tablet mode?

• Did you receive any error message?

• Did you install any third party security application?

• Which is the build currently installed on the tablet?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

As a work around, I suggest you to try to switch it on by following the below steps:

1. Select the horizontal stripes icon (All Apps) on the bottom left corner of the screen.

2. Select Settings on the menu.

3. Go to System and then click on Tablet Mode.

4. Turn the option ON.

5. Close the window.

Hope the information helps. Please get back to us with the required information. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Gonzax Win User
    how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?

it doesn't work for me, it gives an error in all my computers.

As for the Nibbler app it works ok but it still won't hide the taskbar from the start menu when in tablet mode, only when you open up an app or any other program (which is cool but not perfect)

Gonzax, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Vinodh.V Win User

Auto tablet mode no longer working after 1809 build

Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Auto tablet mode no longer working after 1809 build

1. Auto tablet mode no longer working after 1809 build - Similar Threads - Auto tablet mode

2. Tablet Mode Is Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tablet Mode Is Not Working: In My Laptop Having Windows 10 Tablet Mode Is Not Working In Windows Action Center tablat Mode Is Disabled and In Setting There Is no Switch For Toggling Tablet Mode On-Off How Can I Solved This Problem...
  3. Windows 10 After update to build 1909 or 1809, auto goes into sleep mode or partially shut...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 After update to build 1909 or 1809, auto goes into sleep mode or partially shut...: HI, Recently, i have update my dell inspiron 1545, to windows 10 build1909, But after installation, it goes automatically in sleep mode, it doesn't shut down completely, but went to sleep. tried all the solutions from youtube and microsoft community. any body pls suggest....
  4. Tablet mode not working

Tablet mode not working: when i enable tablet mode on my computer the touch screen does not work. i don't know how to fix it. i have a Lenovo ideapad 130S https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tablet-mode-not-working/7797e907-218e-4824-a7a1-ef3d0d26fa86
  5. Tablet Mode not working

Tablet Mode not working: I am unable to get my laptop to go into Tablet Mode. All it says to do is go to the Action Center and click on it. I click but it doesn't work. I am using Windows 10....
  6. Auto Rotate in Tablet Mode and Missing Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Auto Rotate in Tablet Mode and Missing Drivers: Hello, I recently performed a factory reset on my laptop (Dell Inspiron 15 7569 2-in-1). I quickly noticed that the auto-rotate feature within the tablet mode was no longer functional. After some light research, I found that this could be a driver issue. My wife has the...
  7. Tablet mode not working

Tablet mode not working: Tablet mode not working on my windows 10 HP Pavilion 21 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tablet-mode-not-working/95521798-0449-4e81-801d-523a0d37c4c6
  8. Cannot enable Tablet Mode in Windows 10 Build 1809

Cannot enable Tablet Mode in Windows 10 Build 1809: Hi there! Recently i have upgraded my Windows 10 PC to the new rolled out Build 1809 . Before the Update i could change PC mode from Desktop mode to Tablet mode, but since i have installed the new update, the tablet mode key is disabled and unclickable! Any Tips?...
  9. Auto switch tablet/desktop mode stopped working...

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto switch tablet/desktop mode stopped working...: Does anyone know how to turn on the automatic desktop/tablet mode switching? I run W10, the official release, on a Surface Pro 3 with a keyboard cover. Up to now, when I detach the keyboard I get asked if I want to switch to tablet mode, and when I attach the keyboard...
  10. HP Split auto tablet mode NOT working

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Split auto tablet mode NOT working: HP Split x2 13 m010dx (PC and tablet in one), Windows 10 Home systems automatic tablet mode switch does not work. Also tried clean install of Windows 10 Home and upgrade from Windows 8.1 but non of them worked. Normally the capture device, or or just "pulling smoothly." In...