Windows 10: Auto turn off "Show desktop icon"

Discus and support Auto turn off "Show desktop icon" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a pretty nice wallpaper but it's covered by the icons most of the time. So I want to ask if there is any way to turn of "Show desktop icon"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NguyenBuiUEH, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Auto turn off "Show desktop icon"

I have a pretty nice wallpaper but it's covered by the icons most of the time. So I want to ask if there is any way to turn of "Show desktop icon" whenever I boot up my PC?

:)

NguyenBuiUEH, Sep 22, 2022

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 22, 2022
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Sep 22, 2022
  4. Auto turn off "Show desktop icon"

Icons on the desktop

Hi,

There are several reasons for your desktop icons not to stay put such as changes in registry, system cache, or an enabled
    Auto arrange icon setting. To rectify your issue with keeping your icons arranged, we suggest that you right-click on any blank space on your desktop, click
    View, then make sure that the check mark for Auto arrange icon is removed.

If the issue persist even after performing the steps above, you can rebuild your icon cache. This method solves most issues with incorrectly displayed icons. Here are the steps to do so:

• Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the
      Run box.
    • Type %userprofile%, then hit Enter.
    • Go to the AppData folder, then open the Local
      folder.
    • Select the IconCache file, then click Delete.

If you're having challenges finding the IconCache file, you have to make sure that your hidden items are visible. Below are the steps:

• Type hidden in Cortana, the Windows search bar or your task bar.
    • Select Show hidden files and folders from the result.
    • Go to View tab.
    • Enable the Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
    • Hit Apply, then click OK.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Sep 22, 2022
Thema:

Auto turn off "Show desktop icon"

1. Auto turn off "Show desktop icon" - Similar Threads - Auto turn off

2. Bluetooth is turned off and the icon is not showing for me to turn it on again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth is turned off and the icon is not showing for me to turn it on again: Bluetooth is turned off and the icon is not showing for me to turn it on again*Moved from insider forum. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-is-turned-off-and-the-icon-is-not/42afaaa1-7dfe-4aef-b99e-ce356e3a233b
  3. Auto turn off "Show desktop icon"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto turn off "Show desktop icon": I have a pretty nice wallpaper but it's covered by the icons most of the time. So I want to ask if there is any way to turn of "Show desktop icon" whenever I boot up my PC?...
  4. Auto turn off "Show desktop icon"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto turn off "Show desktop icon": I have a pretty nice wallpaper but it's covered by the icons most of the time. So I want to ask if there is any way to turn of "Show desktop icon" whenever I boot up my PC?...
  5. Auto turn off network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto turn off network: Hi please help me why auto turn off my wifi My windows is update and all drivers but auto torn off wifi or when run steam and start the game my wifi is auto run off and my ping is time out...
  6. Screen auto turn off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen auto turn off: Hello. I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and am having trouble with my screens powering off. They with turn off at the specified time but then will come right back on. Has anyone else had that problem?...
  7. Turn off auto scroll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn off auto scroll: How do I turn off auto scroll on my HP laptop running windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-auto-scroll/b414d54b-d266-4497-a9f2-e0f4432dfc8b
  8. Turning off desktop file icon preview.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning off desktop file icon preview.: I'm trying to make files I save to my desk top (not short cuts) have a default icon per file type and not the file preview. EX I have sever AutoCad DWGs on my desk top. I don't want to see the file preview i just want the default icon for a DWG....
  9. cannot turn off desktop auto grid

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot turn off desktop auto grid: I have spent 30 minutes searching for an answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-off-desktop-auto-grid/9db7a7e8-2f08-4304-a98e-497e4320007f
  10. Turn On or Off Auto Arrange Desktop Icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto Arrange Desktop Icons in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Auto Arrange Desktop Icons in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Auto Arrange Desktop Icons in Windows 10 [img] Information The desktop is the main screen area that you see after you turn on your PC and sign in to Windows. Like the top of an...