Windows 10: Auto update even though I have disabled it

Discus and support Auto update even though I have disabled it in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, today my Windows 10 Pro auto-installed the following update: KB4592449. This never happened before, because I have set (Group Policy) Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bellzemos, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Bellzemos Win User

Auto update even though I have disabled it

Hi,

today my Windows 10 Pro auto-installed the following update: KB4592449.

This never happened before, because I have set (Group Policy) Windows updates to "2 - notify for download and auto install".

So far I've always decided when to download and install Windows updates. But today the beforementioned update installed by itself, automatically.

Any ideas as to why?

Thanks.

:)

Bellzemos, Jan 30, 2021
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 30, 2021
  3. Kreij Win User
    Microsoft Auto-Updates Components of Windows Without User Permission

The nine files that are updated all have to do with the Auto-Updater itself.
    The article lists them all. No big deal.

I run auto-update anyway, so BRING ON THE NEW UPDATES !!!
    I have yet to experience any problems from MS updates on my XP network.

Kreij, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Auto update even though I have disabled it

how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Auto update even though I have disabled it

1. Auto update even though I have disabled it - Similar Threads - Auto update though

2. Cloud search stays enabled even though I have disabled it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cloud search stays enabled even though I have disabled it.: It shows up as disabled in: Settings, Search options, registry or even group policies but somehow still is working on my system? I've tried every way to disable it and it still shows up....
  3. Cloud search stays enabled even though I have disabled it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloud search stays enabled even though I have disabled it.: It shows up as disabled in: Settings, Search options, registry or even group policies but somehow still is working on my system? I've tried every way to disable it and it still shows up....
  4. Cloud search stays enabled even though I have disabled it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my system time not updating even though set to auto

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my system time not updating even though set to auto: my system time not updating even though set to auto[Moderator note: thread moved from the Office category to Windows] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-time-not-updating-even-though-set-to/505953a2-9926-4b02-9d86-0524d2a2ed77
  6. my system time not updating even though set to auto

my system time not updating even though set to auto: my system time not updating even though set to auto[Moderator note: thread moved from the Office category to Windows] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-time-not-updating-even-though-set-to/505953a2-9926-4b02-9d86-0524d2a2ed77
  7. My taskbar is auto hiding even though I have the auto hide feature turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar is auto hiding even though I have the auto hide feature turned off: In Windows 11, on my Inspiron laptop, my taskbar is auto hiding even though the auto hide setting is set to no. What I've tried so far:- Update windows fully up to date- set auto hide and unset it- restarted my laptop multiple times- opened Task Manager and restarted Windows...
  8. My taskbar is auto hiding even though I have the auto hide feature turned off

My taskbar is auto hiding even though I have the auto hide feature turned off: In Windows 11, on my Inspiron laptop, my taskbar is auto hiding even though the auto hide setting is set to no. What I've tried so far:- Update windows fully up to date- set auto hide and unset it- restarted my laptop multiple times- opened Task Manager and restarted Windows...
  9. Can't update, even though I have TPM 2.0

Can't update, even though I have TPM 2.0: I've been trying to update to Windows 11 with no luck. PC Health Check says "TPM 2.0 Enabled on this PC". The UEFI Bios says TPM20 Device Found and Secure Boot State Enabled. However the PC Health Check says that Secure Boot isn't enabled. Browsing the Registry shows an entry...
  10. windows update auto restarting even if disabled

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows update auto restarting even if disabled: My PC is auto restarting after an automatic windows update, even if the task (in task scheduler) "reboot" is disabled (under "Microsoft/Windows/UpdateOrchestrator"). Even if that task is disabled, it is running. I see "Last Run Time" is "2019-09-11". How to trully disable...