Windows 10: auto update hoses up audio again - how to fix

Discus and support auto update hoses up audio again - how to fix in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there. I can't find any way of disabling specific updates (that trick of bringing back Windows update to the control panel doesn't work any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimbo45, Mar 20, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

auto update hoses up audio again - how to fix

Hi there.

I can't find any way of disabling specific updates (that trick of bringing back Windows update to the control panel doesn't work any more).

So the HD VIA audio driver got re-installed. To remove again simply as before right mouse click against the driver (via control panel -- system --device manager) and choose roll back driver.

Working again (as before).

I can tell when the wrong driver in my case has been updated - the default sound device switches to HEADPHONES. Simply changing that back to Speakers / HDMI or whatever won't fix it.

Rolling back the driver fixes it again.

Symptoms I had -- windows sounds OK but no application (VLC, Winamp, You tube, media player etc) would play sounds.

Using ASUS Mobo with built in audio (VIA) and video (ATI based - has RGB and HDMI video outputs). The HD VIA audio is BROKEN for some mobos - the Ms default one seems to work.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Mar 20, 2015
  2. AceHack Win User

Windows 10 & Realtek HD Audio and Headphone jack not working

I have two different PCs that when installing the Realtek HD Audio driver the headphone jack stops working. If I uninstall the Realtek HD Audio driver everything working but then Windows Update re-installs the driver again and again. How can I fix this
    issue? I don't want to turn off all auto updates. Thanks.

AceHack, Mar 20, 2015
  3. BobUlius Win User
    Regedit.exe search crashing in W10 1511/TH2

Wonder how that can be and how it just hosed me? But not willing to try it again auto update  hoses up audio again - how to fix :)

BobUlius, Mar 20, 2015
Thema:

auto update hoses up audio again - how to fix

1. auto update hoses up audio again - how to fix - Similar Threads - auto update hoses

2. How to fix laptop restarting again and again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix laptop restarting again and again: Hello! My laptop keeps restarting and hangs whenever I open my laptop. I tried restarting it again but it just leaves me to “diagnosing pc” and, “the blue screen with options how to fix my laptop over and over again. Can someone help me?...
  3. How to fix laptop restarting again and again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix laptop restarting again and again: Hello! My laptop keeps restarting and hangs whenever I open my laptop. I tried restarting it again but it just leaves me to “diagnosing pc” and, “the blue screen with options how to fix my laptop over and over again. Can someone help me?...
  4. the win10 auto update screw up my home server again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the win10 auto update screw up my home server again: This is not first time I got the same issue. The windows 10 auto update screw up the things and both regular start up and preparing automatic repair stuck in the blue window black background screen. I search the answer and the official suggestion is to reinstall the windows....
  5. the win10 auto update screw up my home server again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the win10 auto update screw up my home server again: This is not first time I got the same issue. The windows 10 auto update screw up the things and both regular start up and preparing automatic repair stuck in the blue window black background screen. I search the answer and the official suggestion is to reinstall the windows....
  6. the win10 auto update screw up my home server again

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Fixed: Chrome auto start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fixed: Chrome auto start up: 1 - open task manager then 'startup' menu and disable chrome if available 2 - If chrome is not available in startup, open C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs and copy Chrome shortcut. 3 - paste this shortcut in startup folder. To open startup folder,...
  8. Network logon hosed up AGAIN after latest update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network logon hosed up AGAIN after latest update: Hi there I can't logon to NAS (Linux) from latest updated Windows 10 (Workstation Edition) any more (works perfectly FROM NAS TO Windows) Shares work if you manually connect via "connect network drive" with IP address but as I'm using DHCP I don't want to have fixed IP...
  9. My user account is hosed yet again....

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My user account is hosed yet again....: Over the past year I have had to re-create my user account at least 10 times for various reasons. This time, edge will not load web pages. I tried to reset the W10 installation to fix it but it didn't work. I found Edge works fine after creating an alternate user account. Why...
  10. Hosed update

in Windows 10 Support
    Hosed update: I have a dual boot set up (Linux + Windows) and my Win 10 partition is hosed since last update. The automatic repair will not accomplish anything and neither will advanced options get me anywhere. However, I can access the documents in the Win10 partition when I boot into...