Windows 10: Auto Update wiped all files and stored settings

Discus and support Auto Update wiped all files and stored settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I turned on my PC this morning and everything on my account was gone. There were a few updates showing that needed a restart to complete I found these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KelseyHenry, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Auto Update wiped all files and stored settings

I turned on my PC this morning and everything on my account was gone. There were a few updates showing that needed a restart to complete I found these after starting up and noticing everything was wiped clean on my desktop. I tried running the restart to complete these updates I figured what could it hurt but no luck, my desktop and all files/folders are reset back to factory... The odd thing is my husband's admin account on the same PC still seems intact and completely fine. PLEASE HELP! I use this computer for my personal small business and all of my important documents/forms/logos etc are gone. I never backed up this computer to save these items, is there any way possible to get them back?

:)

KelseyHenry, Mar 21, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Microsoft Auto-Updates Components of Windows Without User Permission

The nine files that are updated all have to do with the Auto-Updater itself.
    The article lists them all. No big deal.

I run auto-update anyway, so BRING ON THE NEW UPDATES !!!
    I have yet to experience any problems from MS updates on my XP network.

Kreij, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Auto Update wiped all files and stored settings

Minecraft win10 edition auto update

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below, to disable automatic updates for Minecraft.

Steps:-

1. On the Start screen, select Microsoft Store to open the Store.
    2. Select the account menu (next to the search box), then select Settings.
    3. Under App updates, set Update apps automatically to
      NO.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking 'Yes' or 'No'.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Auto Update wiped all files and stored settings

1. Auto Update wiped all files and stored settings - Similar Threads - Auto Update wiped

2. wiped all my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wiped all my files: After the restart I noticed that all my files was gone, I tried restarting restarting several times because I thought it's just lagging or it will as move somewhere. Need help, cant find my files....
  3. wiped all my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wiped all my files: After the restart I noticed that all my files was gone, I tried restarting restarting several times because I thought it's just lagging or it will as move somewhere. Need help, cant find my files....
  4. wiped all my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Auto Update wiped out lots of stuff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Update wiped out lots of stuff: my computer did an auto update to the latest Windows 10 version. It wiped out Microsoft Store, Photos app, all bookmarks, desktop shortcuts, etc... I have tried running troubleshoot says I'm signed in with a temp password which I am not....
  6. Auto Update wiped out lots of stuff

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto Update wiped out lots of stuff: my computer did an auto update to the latest Windows 10 version. It wiped out Microsoft Store, Photos app, all bookmarks, desktop shortcuts, etc... I have tried running troubleshoot says I'm signed in with a temp password which I am not....
  7. Auto Update wiped out lots of stuff

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows update wiped out all my settings

Windows update wiped out all my settings: An update Windows 10 this morning 12/12/2020 wiped all my app settings on the PC. I use Outlook for email. This app was not be found in the list. When I searched for it, it showed up but then I had to recreate my email account all over. Now it won't let me choose the inbox...
  9. Windows update wiped out all of my settings.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update wiped out all of my settings.: I've seen a few posts here about the same thing happening to others. Windows did an automatic update even after I have turned them off and it basically restored back to factory settings. The first time it happened on Saturday February 23 2019 between 9-11 PM and I had to...
  10. Latest Update has wiped all files

Latest Update has wiped all files: After doing latest update on closing my desktop it seems all files have been wiped. After signing in I just get a black screen with only recycle bin on it and 1 or 2 on the taskbar at bottom of screen that don't do anything. Is there anyway to solve this have tried going back...