Windows 10: Auto updates following the 2019 updates have caused bad problems. Lose my desktop ,all icons, photos

Discus and support Auto updates following the 2019 updates have caused bad problems. Lose my desktop ,all icons, photos in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Still rather desperate for help. Auto updates following the 2019 updates have caused bad problems. Lose my desktop and all icons, photos, apps.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlanJones44, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Auto updates following the 2019 updates have caused bad problems. Lose my desktop ,all icons, photos

Hi

Still rather desperate for help. Auto updates following the 2019 updates have caused bad problems. Lose my desktop and all icons, photos, apps. Nightmare. Have to formerly log in to Google, Malwarebytes, True Key and Mcafee. I then have to wait for emails to allow me to log in to these sites.

So I uninstalled these updates, restarted without them, and all was OK.

Next day start up and find updaters have screwed up my PC again.

I yet again uninstalled and found out how to prevent updates. Did this for two weeks, forgot when the 2 weeks up, and when started up, dang me as they say, lost all again. So uninstalled etc, etc, etc, etc.

I have now stopped updates for a month. I have tried restore points but these are also lost when updates occur.

Where am I going wrong. I actually did a desktop save of all my icons and put in documents. Problem is the MS updates give me empty documents, empty downloads, no photos. Lose my Mozilla mail, Ashampoo, Yahoo, Spamcop site, Banking,

Also puts me to a basic system via a wee blue box at bottom Right of the screen. I really would appreciate advice. I have been struggling for over 5 weeks now trying to work out what goes wrong. Done the Google search for this problem but not found anything to help.

Many thanks

Alan Jones UK

Seems I had a scammer reply, so sad as I WAS hoping someone from MS might have helped. 34 views but no one has an answer. Does that mean the developer of the update also has no idea what they have developed

:)

AlanJones44, Apr 22, 2020

2. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Microsoft Auto-Updates Components of Windows Without User Permission

The nine files that are updated all have to do with the Auto-Updater itself.
    The article lists them all. No big deal.

I run auto-update anyway, so BRING ON THE NEW UPDATES !!!
    I have yet to experience any problems from MS updates on my XP network.

Kreij, Apr 22, 2020
  4. John Fer Win User

Auto updates following the 2019 updates have caused bad problems. Lose my desktop ,all icons, photos

Desktop messed up after an update

Hi Leonardo,

This issue might be caused by the "Auto-Arrange" option that was turned on. To turn it off, follow the steps below:

• Right click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click on View.
    • Uncheck the "Auto arrange icons" and "Align icons to grid"

Let us know if you need further help.

John Fer, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Auto updates following the 2019 updates have caused bad problems. Lose my desktop ,all icons, photos

1. Auto updates following the 2019 updates have caused bad problems. Lose my desktop ,all icons, photos - Similar Threads - Auto updates following

2. Bad GPU Driver Update causing problems in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Bad GPU Driver Update causing problems in Windows 10: [ATTACH]It is always recommended to keep Windows drivers up-to-date, and this goes especially for […] This article Bad GPU Driver Update causing problems in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Why are my desktop icons messed up following update to Windows 10.0.19041

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why are my desktop icons messed up following update to Windows 10.0.19041: [ATTACH] What the heck is going on? How do I fix this. All I did was install the windows update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-my-desktop-icons-messed-up-following/38483c5c-9888-4ef9-820a-665779e5eef0
  4. Updates caused my problem????

Updates caused my problem????: I have a RCA Cambio W101 V2 tablet with Windows 10. Tablet worked great....Until These last few updates. Now tablet does not charge. Only charges when it is shut down. I have no Idea what was installed, but definitely IS the cause of my problem. Any ideas out there....
  5. Windows 10 Update April 2019, NO DESKTOP AT ALL

Windows 10 Update April 2019, NO DESKTOP AT ALL: hi, last night I updated windows before shutting down the PC, this morning when I turned it on, it "finalized" the update, booted the PC up. but there is NO DESKTOP at all. the only thing that popped up is a command screen that says "C:\WINDOWS\system32>". If I close it,...
  6. Windows 19 auto update caused problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 19 auto update caused problems: Pc suddenly one day wouldnt operate properly. All programs slow and alternately running and not responding. No evidence of virus or maleware etc. with defender and malwarebites. Hoping it was a auto update that would eventually get fixed, i cycled power every day for a week...
  7. Update caused Shadow on desktop icon text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update caused Shadow on desktop icon text: Hello, I just had a update on Win10 Pro 64b and it has made my desktop icon text almost unreadable as it has put a black shadow on the text. Any ideas please? Many thanks in advance 60916
  8. Auto updates problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Auto updates problems: *Sad Every time MSC updates system and apps it invariably causes problems, I have had to do yet another clean reinstall of W10 this time to enable the optical drive to be recognized and to enable Excel (2013) to open when double clicking a filename. It takes a considerable...
  9. Auto Update 07/29 causing problems?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Auto Update 07/29 causing problems?: My computer appears to have undergone an automatic Windows 10 update on 07/29. Immediately afterward, odd stuff started happening: 1) the notification message for the USB port that will charge while the computer is in "sleep" mode started a repetitive loop; the only way I...
  10. w10 update caused problems with all apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    w10 update caused problems with all apps: Two days ago I was happily using this machine (a dell755) which has been running W10 for about 6 months now. Up until then no issues but then there was an automatic update and after that completed I found I have lost all connectivity for my apps!!!. To explain, the PC is...