Windows 10: Auto Updates... Grrrr

Discus and support Auto Updates... Grrrr in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Windows 10 did an auto update and I apparently have no choice, but it updated the driver that runs the mouse pad and auto knocked out my Asus Smart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by free4flight, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Auto Updates... Grrrr

Windows 10 did an auto update and I apparently have no choice, but it updated the driver that runs the mouse pad and auto knocked out my Asus Smart Gesture, disabled it completely. Had to re-install Asus drivers for Smart Gesture. Why in the hell would they force an update, it's gonna cause a lot of problems.... any solutions?

:)

free4flight, Aug 4, 2015
  2. PR.M Win User

I dont want my messages to be displayed on lock screen Auto Updates... Grrrr :mad:

Grrrr. Pleeez make that update fastttt

PR.M, Aug 4, 2015
  3. facebook app on windows 10 crashes immediately

Grrrr. My windows update failed, Error code: (0x80070570)!!

problem-page, Aug 4, 2015
  4. rezpower Win User
  5. free4flight, Aug 4, 2015
  6. So I did the .reg file one and it didn't affect the updates. It still downloaded the next update as it wanted to but did give me the option of scheduling the download....so no effect on that one. Am going to try the other one next and see what happens.

free4flight, Aug 5, 2015
  7. It appears that local group policy editor is only in Windows Pro and Enterprise versions only... so if you have Home version as I do...then time to upgrade *Sad

free4flight, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Auto Updates... Grrrr

1. Auto Updates... Grrrr - Similar Threads - Auto Updates Grrrr

2. I've been Microsoft Edged. Grrrr

in Browsers and Email
    I've been Microsoft Edged. Grrrr: Came back from the store to find A Windows Update, that shoved the new MS Edge down my throat. Went to Programs and Features > View Installed Updates and there it was... KB 4559309. An Update with no option to uninstall. Checked Start > Programs, found MS Edge with no option...
  3. Auto update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto update: My wireless connection for my laptop is disconnected upon shutdown and auto update. I have to do a system restore to get internet connection restored. The auto update keeps installing something called "killer drivers". Very unsettling....
  4. GRRRR Save me!!!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GRRRR Save me!!!: So I got an old PC from my job when we upgraded (downgraded IMHO) our computers. I am using it as a computer/media center (with PLEX) and i am having trouble getting it to output to my TV. It is a Dell Omniplex 7020. I have updated all drives (at least through the "Support...
  5. Auto updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto updates: I think that we, as the owner of our computers, should have the option to update or not!!! I mean why would we buy a "personal" computer only to have Microsoft take it hostage!!!! Microsoft thinks they know what is best, but they do not take the time to get to know each of...
  6. Auto update

Auto update: Can I disable auto update in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/auto-update/710dd194-7a65-40aa-bf85-395c3f0825ba
  7. Auto updates

Auto updates: STOP forcing your damn updates. I bought 2 laptops last year and they are both corrupted because your updated are not compatible with a driver. That's according to Best Buy. The one goes to a blue screen and advised the updates didn't install completely. The other has...
  8. Auto updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Auto updates: I'm having trouble with the automatic part of the Microsoft automatic updates. My private connection is not free, and not unlimited. I want the updates, but I'd rather download them via a public (free) connection. My computer time is beginning to center around the automatic...
  9. Auto updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Auto updates: The trouble is, my private connection only allows 2 GB of bandwidth per month. I'd rather download the updates via a free public connection when I'm at a hot spot. But I don't know how to stop the updater from using my private connection. Help! 20766
  10. auto update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    auto update?: How can you turn on or off the auto updating of the information shown in the tiles when you click the start button? 3968