Windows 10: Auto updates in windows store are turned off, but they still auto update, and pretty...

Discus and support Auto updates in windows store are turned off, but they still auto update, and pretty... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So since game pass allows mods for games now I have a mod for a game which is the only reason I play it in the first place (adds 20x more content).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NepuNeptuneNep, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Auto updates in windows store are turned off, but they still auto update, and pretty...

So since game pass allows mods for games now I have a mod for a game which is the only reason I play it in the first place (adds 20x more content). However, this mod requires version 1.2 and the current version is 1.4.

Do I seriously have to completely delete my game and side load version 1.2 every second day because even with auto updates turned off, the game still constantly updates to the newest version? This is a slap in the face to people playing with legit copies if you already advertise mod support

submitted by /u/NepuNeptuneNep
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NepuNeptuneNep, Apr 11, 2022
  2. Kreij Win User

Microsoft Auto-Updates Components of Windows Without User Permission

The nine files that are updated all have to do with the Auto-Updater itself.
    The article lists them all. No big deal.

I run auto-update anyway, so BRING ON THE NEW UPDATES !!!
    I have yet to experience any problems from MS updates on my XP network.

Kreij, Apr 11, 2022
  3. XP auto update thingy

ive been running XP for several months now without a fresh install and all has been well. as most people do i auto update running. today one of the auto updates came up and it wont go away. it says its installing but then pops back up and keeps installing it. ive rebooted and it still comes up saying it needs to update my machine. any ideas? i might just turn auto update off.

Easy Rhino, Apr 11, 2022
  4. Auto updates in windows store are turned off, but they still auto update, and pretty...

XP auto update thingy

is it the same update? some take a while to install. also ms just released a bunch of them so it may take a while.

kwchang007, Apr 11, 2022
Thema:

Auto updates in windows store are turned off, but they still auto update, and pretty...

1. Auto updates in windows store are turned off, but they still auto update, and pretty... - Similar Threads - Auto updates store

2. Is there some way to turn off auto restart in updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there some way to turn off auto restart in updates?: Hello!I've updated the registry in an attempt to prevent auto-restarts after updates. The instructions provided are these found here:Registry updateWindows 10/11:Open the Registry EditorNavigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsRight click on...
  3. Win10 updating when I’ve turned off auto updates.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 updating when I’ve turned off auto updates.: I have a shop computer with Windows 10. It runs a CNC machine. I have disabled auto updates. The computer is connected to WiFi to facilitate moving files created in the office. Half way through a 10 hour job, I noticed at the CNC machine had stopped. The monitor on the...
  4. How to turn off auto updates in MS Store while offline?

How to turn off auto updates in MS Store while offline?: One thing I just noticed - if I open Microsoft Store while offline and without ever having turned on the network, I can't get to its settings panel. Anyone know how I can turn off the "auto update" settings of MS Store without turning on the network, if when I turn on the...
  5. microsoft store is keep updating app . even auto update is turn off .

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft store is keep updating app . even auto update is turn off .: my microsoft store is keep updating app but even i have disable auto update in setting . and the gaming service always show me installing and all update are showing pending .without my permission even i cancel them but after sometime, maybe 1 or two minutes it show that...
  6. Can't turn of Auto update apps in store

Can't turn of Auto update apps in store: I want to turn off auto update apps in Microsoft store but it says contact your system admin about changing this setting. [ATTACH] But I'm the only user on this computer, how can I fix that?...
  7. Turn off auto update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn off auto update.: This last update took out my sound and some programs stopped working. Is there a way to turn off updates besides scheduling them a month out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-auto-update/3585d437-9248-4340-8356-49c85a747ff2
  8. Windows 10 auto updates when auto update is turned off!

Windows 10 auto updates when auto update is turned off!: I have a seriou issue. i use windows 10 on a bootcamp macbook pro. i have an external eGPU running an AMD card and i used particular drivers. i only use windows 10 to play 1 game and nothing else. the last updates makes my monitors not work anymore. The drivers do not...
  9. Turn off auto updates for Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn off auto updates for Windows Defender: I'm using win10 pro 1803. How to turn off auto updates for Windows Defender ? Thanks. 139783
  10. how to turn off auto updates

how to turn off auto updates: i do not wish to upgrade my laptop every week because i have minimal space for it and quite frankly do not want to automatically do it is there a way to turn off the automatic updates?...