Windows 10: Auto updates turned off still updates, deletes shortcuts who knows what else

Discus and support Auto updates turned off still updates, deletes shortcuts who knows what else in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i have auto updates turned off both in the options and by command prompt. microsoft eventually just updates my pc anyway, resets's my U.a.c... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WINDOWS GARBAGE, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Auto updates turned off still updates, deletes shortcuts who knows what else

i have auto updates turned off both in the options and by command prompt. microsoft eventually just updates my pc anyway, resets's my U.a.c permisions and delete's my browser shortcuts from my task bar. I have these options turned off for a reason, your tech support department is trash...

i got told to turn it off and turn it on again (no really i'm not kidding!!!) i specifically set it like this to read the patch notes and update when i know it there are no issues with the update as the disaterous history of problems needing hot fixes. i cannot afford to have this effect me. as for deleting my opera browser shortcuts this is nothing more than corporate tampering. if you want us to use your browser make a better one.. simple.

Basically what this demonstrates is Microsoft's lack of understanding their clients needs and acting like a bossy psychopath with no remorse.

Over it.

if you are thinking about linking this page to a roll back updates tutorial. just don't..................m'kay

:)

WINDOWS GARBAGE, Aug 16, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

Microsoft Auto-Updates Components of Windows Without User Permission

The nine files that are updated all have to do with the Auto-Updater itself.
    The article lists them all. No big deal.

I run auto-update anyway, so BRING ON THE NEW UPDATES !!!
    I have yet to experience any problems from MS updates on my XP network.

Kreij, Aug 16, 2019
  3. XP auto update thingy

ive been running XP for several months now without a fresh install and all has been well. as most people do i auto update running. today one of the auto updates came up and it wont go away. it says its installing but then pops back up and keeps installing it. ive rebooted and it still comes up saying it needs to update my machine. any ideas? i might just turn auto update off.

Easy Rhino, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Auto updates turned off still updates, deletes shortcuts who knows what else

XP auto update thingy

is it the same update? some take a while to install. also ms just released a bunch of them so it may take a while.

kwchang007, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Auto updates turned off still updates, deletes shortcuts who knows what else

1. Auto updates turned off still updates, deletes shortcuts who knows what else - Similar Threads - Auto updates turned

2. Turn off auto-updates and revert to an older version?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off auto-updates and revert to an older version?: I did not expect things like MS Paint to get auto-updates, or updates at all. Now the app which has remained simplistic and quick to use and navigate has become complicated, difficult, and sluggish.I'm on a new install of windows 11, but just today MS Paint seemed to update...
  3. Is there some way to turn off auto restart in updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there some way to turn off auto restart in updates?: Hello!I've updated the registry in an attempt to prevent auto-restarts after updates. The instructions provided are these found here:Registry updateWindows 10/11:Open the Registry EditorNavigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsRight click on...
  4. Win10 updating when I’ve turned off auto updates.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 updating when I’ve turned off auto updates.: I have a shop computer with Windows 10. It runs a CNC machine. I have disabled auto updates. The computer is connected to WiFi to facilitate moving files created in the office. Half way through a 10 hour job, I noticed at the CNC machine had stopped. The monitor on the...
  5. Auto updates in windows store are turned off, but they still auto update, and pretty...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto updates in windows store are turned off, but they still auto update, and pretty...: So since game pass allows mods for games now I have a mod for a game which is the only reason I play it in the first place (adds 20x more content). However, this mod requires version 1.2 and the current version is 1.4. Do I seriously have to completely delete my game and...
  6. Turn off auto update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn off auto update.: This last update took out my sound and some programs stopped working. Is there a way to turn off updates besides scheduling them a month out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-auto-update/3585d437-9248-4340-8356-49c85a747ff2
  7. Windows 10 auto updates when auto update is turned off!

Windows 10 auto updates when auto update is turned off!: I have a seriou issue. i use windows 10 on a bootcamp macbook pro. i have an external eGPU running an AMD card and i used particular drivers. i only use windows 10 to play 1 game and nothing else. the last updates makes my monitors not work anymore. The drivers do not...
  8. Turn off auto updates for Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn off auto updates for Windows Defender: I'm using win10 pro 1803. How to turn off auto updates for Windows Defender ? Thanks. 139783
  9. Auto updates are still set to "off". Any idea why & what else I can do to prevent?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto updates are still set to "off". Any idea why & what else I can do to prevent?: I have had auto updates shut off for a couple of months now since I have had too many issues with them. Today the update 1803 & flash updated anyway. Auto updates are still set to "off". Any idea why & what else I can do to prevent this from happening again?...
  10. how to turn off auto updates

how to turn off auto updates: i do not wish to upgrade my laptop every week because i have minimal space for it and quite frankly do not want to automatically do it is there a way to turn off the automatic updates?...