Windows 10: Auto updating backup folder

Discus and support Auto updating backup folder in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How do i create an auto-updating backup folder on an external drive? I've tried Smart move from Link Shell Extension But it does seem to work (or maybe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lynet_101, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Auto updating backup folder

How do i create an auto-updating backup folder on an external drive? I've tried Smart move from Link Shell Extension But it does seem to work (or maybe I'm to impatient, idk)

submitted by /u/lynet_101
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lynet_101, Feb 5, 2021
  2. Rhonius Win User

Windows 10 Backup Folder Option

Hello,

I need to set auto backups on one folder. I turned on Backup from Settings, but it automatically has a huge list of folders under "Backup these folders." I don't want any of those folders backed up. How can I clear that list so to have only the one folder?

Thanks.

Rhonius, Feb 5, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Auto updating backup folder

Folders not auto-updating..

Hi,

To better help you with this concern, please answer the following questions:

• Did you make any changes on the computer before you encountered this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • Have you installed any drivers or updates?

In the meantime, we suggest that you boot the computer in
    Safe Mode
    . Once done, please check if the issue occurs when the computer is in Safe Mode.

Keep us posted.

Charianne Per, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Auto updating backup folder

1. Auto updating backup folder - Similar Threads - Auto updating backup

2. WINDOWS 10 auto update Folders Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 10 auto update Folders Missing: Windows 10 auto update all my folders and pictures are missing. How do I get my folders and pictures back ? I believe the update created a temp website causing the folders to be missing. How do I find the users folder and switch to the original user where my file, folders are...
  3. Auto Backup to One Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto Backup to One Drive: I cannot stop One Drive from automatically backing up Desktop, Documents and Pictures. I have followed the instructions and unchecked the folders, yet the minute I close that window they are re-checked. If I had a rocket launcher......
  4. Backup to folder?

Backup to folder?: So i do have this TrueNAS NAS and connected it to Nextcloud because i want to have a bigass backup system for my private PC. Now i would like backup onto it but windows needs a drive to do such a thing and NextCloud provides me with only a folder. What do i do? 177876
  5. Auto backups in Word

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto backups in Word: Is there any option to specify where the backup is created? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-backups-in-word/c70b282c-1eea-4931-b69e-5b0cd3bbb931
  6. 1909 update and folders no longer auto refresh

1909 update and folders no longer auto refresh: So I recently updated Windows 10 (yes I know "MY" mistake) and its been updating several times since. All this in the past week or so TODAY after an update restart my folders no longer auto update I know its ODD that somebody uses their PC to make a living BUT I do,...
  7. Google+Auto backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google+Auto backup: Each time I boot up,I get an invitation from Google+ backup to backup my photos.I follow the instructions for email address and password and click submit.I then get an alarm sound with a box that says"ERROR failed to access account information"Then I get an email alert from...
  8. Auto backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto backup: I have Windows 10 Auto Backup on two Dell PCs. Both are connected to an external solid state drives with daily (preferred) settings. They work fine for a week or two then just quit. I can do an manual backup at any time. Anyone know why this happens and have a solution?...
  9. Auto backup and sync

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Auto backup and sync: HI everyone...I'm back again with a question. I have a new 2TB Portable Hard Drive. When I plug the drive into my computer I would like it to automatically synchronise with selected folders on my PC. Windows 10 does have a "backup" option but that appears to only offer...
  10. Auto backup and sync

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto backup and sync: HI everyone...I'm back again with a question. I have a new 2TB Portable Hard Drive. When I plug the drive into my computer I would like it to automatically synchronise with selected folders on my PC. Windows 10 does have a "backup" option but that appears to only offer...