Windows 10: auto updating feature no longer works

Discus and support auto updating feature no longer works in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good morning, I just updated to Win10 Version 1809 a few days ago and everything seems to be working. However, about 4 - 6 weeks ago I discovered I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 2harts4ever, Dec 21, 2018.

1. auto updating feature no longer works

Good morning,

I just updated to Win10 Version 1809 a few days ago and everything seems to be working.

However, about 4 - 6 weeks ago I discovered I no longer could select the option of having Windows automatically update my computer. When I would click on this option it would not stay active. After reading about others having the same problem I decided to wait until after receiving Version 1809 and see if the problem still is there and it is.

I have already tried the Update tool and that didn't solve the problem. I am using a HP Pavilion All-In-One computer and use Windows Defender as my virus and firewall and weekly use Malwarebytes and SuperAntispyware (both free editions) and everything comes up okay.

Any ideas how I can reclaim this automatic update option?

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

:)

2harts4ever, Dec 21, 2018
  2. elbeasto Win User

Store Live Tile no longer works

Sorry I didn't finish editing that post.

it's up there now post #6.

elbeasto, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 21, 2018
  4. auto updating feature no longer works

Auto-rotate screen no longer works

Hello,

Sorry I was a bit vague.

I have a Linx 10 tablet which used to change the screen orientation automatically but it no longer works after a windows update.

Are you able to help?

Thank you

Regards

Eamonn

EamonnLenihan, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

auto updating feature no longer works

1. auto updating feature no longer works - Similar Threads - auto updating feature

2. Auto sleep no longer working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Auto sleep no longer working: For the last six months or so both my auto screen shutdown and auto sleep have not been working. Instead I always manually sleep when I leave my computer. Any advice how to fix automatic sleep? Auto screen shut off is set for 10 minutes, and auto sleep is set for 15 minutes....
  3. Auto sleep no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto sleep no longer working: For the last six months or so both my auto screen shutdown and auto sleep have not been working. Instead I always manually sleep when I leave my computer. Any advice how to fix automatic sleep? Auto screen shut off is set for 10 minutes, and auto sleep is set for 15 minutes....
  4. Auto sleep no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bluetooth is no longer working and is not auto reinstalling.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth is no longer working and is not auto reinstalling.: Recently my turn on/off Bluetooth button disappeared. To try and fix it I ran the diagnostics, but this did nothing, so I went to my auto updates and applied the Bluetooth update there. I think that this had an error, which I wasn't fast enough to get the details of, and it...
  6. auto-complete no longer working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    auto-complete no longer working: auto-complete not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-complete-no-longer-working/026bd82e-d868-4258-94c5-ba5eb0467caa
  7. Windows Live Mail no longer works after feature update

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail no longer works after feature update: Today after updating Windows with the new feature update to version 2004, WLM 2012 no longer functions properly. I could open WLM ok, but could not receive or send emails. When I tried to receive email, the infamous error ID 0x800C013E appears. When I tried to send email, a...
  8. 1909 update and folders no longer auto refresh

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    1909 update and folders no longer auto refresh: So I recently updated Windows 10 (yes I know "MY" mistake) and its been updating several times since. All this in the past week or so TODAY after an update restart my folders no longer auto update I know its ODD that somebody uses their PC to make a living BUT I do,...
  9. Auto lockscreen feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto lockscreen feature: I had that feature where the lockscreen changes automatically and asks you if you like what you see. One day I went to my start menu/personalization/lockscreen and chose a picture for my lockscreen. Now I would like to have that auto feature back and I don't know how to get...
  10. Auto lockscreen feature

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto lockscreen feature: I had that feature where the lockscreen changes automatically and asks you if you like what you see. One day I went to my start menu/personalization/lockscreen and chose a picture for my lockscreen. Now I would like to have that auto feature back and I don't know how to get...