Windows 10: Auto upgrade to Win 10 - now Outlook 2019 cannot send email "send/receive error"

Discus and support Auto upgrade to Win 10 - now Outlook 2019 cannot send email "send/receive error" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As subject line states.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PatrickGray3, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Auto upgrade to Win 10 - now Outlook 2019 cannot send email "send/receive error"

As subject line states.

:)

PatrickGray3, Mar 27, 2020

2. OUTLOOK 365 does not send or receive emails

I installed Win 10 today and everything works so far. Except Outlook 365. I open it and go to send and receive email but I get the following error: :error 0x800cc1a Your server does not support the encryption type you have specified. try changing the encryption method. Contact your ISP for assistance". I contacted them and they had no idea why nor had any other trouble calls with the win 10 install. I have accomplished one time the SFC/scannow with negative results. any help would be appreciated

**SOLVED** After much research, I found that the ports assigned for incoming were set at 995, which the default for email is port 110. steps to solve were opening outlook, 1. clicking on file tab, 2. in info tab select account and social network settings, 3. select account settings, 4. select current email profile, 5. select change, 6. select more settings bottom right in window, 7. select the advanced tab (internet email settings), 8. select port 110 as incoming or select default tab, 9. close all and restart, open outlook and click send receive button and mail showed be receive and send.

hockeypuck, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Lis7 Win User
    Outlook send/receive issue after moving pst files to Drive D

I need some advice, as this issue is driving me pretty crazy and the solutions I've found online so far don't seem to work or have negative downstream consequences.
    Win 10 (oem), v.1903
    Office 2019 Home and Business (oem)
    Internal Drive C: program files (but the oem install has the Documents folder on Drive C too for some reason)
    Internal Drive D: data files
    Background

1. After activating Outlook 2019, Windows automatically placed each pst file in C:\\Users\Username\Documents\Outlook Files\L: [email protected] Instead, I would like to store each Outlook pst file (have multiple email addresses/pst files) in a Documents folder (or some other folder) on Drive D.
    2. To move the original Documents folder from drive C to Drive D I closed Outlook, right-clicked the original Documents folder and used the Properties/Location tab to move it to a new Documents folder I had previously created on drive D. That step seemed to work correctly, and each pst file was now in the new Documents folder on Drive D.
    3. After the folder move, I launched Outlook and used the resulting "Outlook can't find" popup to specify a new file path for each pst file. However, while I can see each new file path in Outlook's Account Settings, it throws send and receive error messages (e.g.: "Sending reported error (0x8004010F): Outlook data file cannot be accessed") and won't send or receive for each account. This continues to happen after closing and reopening Outlook.
    4. I moved the Documents folder back to where it was on drive C. I tried this several times, using the Outlook error popup to try to remap each email account to the new Documents path on Drive D.
    Bottom line is that this Outlook send/receive issue is also preventing me from moving my Documents folder to the D drive where I want it, because when I move it, it messes up Outlook.
    Question

• After I move each pst file and specify the new file paths in the Outlook popup, how do I get Outlook to send/receive for those email accounts?
    Thank you in advance.

4. Auto upgrade to Win 10 - now Outlook 2019 cannot send email "send/receive error"

Gmail in Outlook 2013 receiving not sending

Hi All,

Since upgrading to Win 10 last week, I have not been able to send emails from Gmail in Outlook 2013.

It was fine in Win 8.1.

My email settings are

IMAP
    Outgoing server requires authentication - is ticked
    Incoming = 993 with SSL
    Outgoing = 587 with TLS

All other setting as normal. When I run a test it comes back as good and will receive emails, but nothing will send.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Rob

kenrob2037, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Auto upgrade to Win 10 - now Outlook 2019 cannot send email "send/receive error"

1. Auto upgrade to Win 10 - now Outlook 2019 cannot send email "send/receive error" - Similar Threads - Auto upgrade Outlook

2. not able to receive or send email on outlook 365

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    not able to receive or send email on outlook 365: Have not been able to end or receive email on windows 10 for 3 days nowcan anyone help?Gmail works fine and so please if you send info send to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  3. I cannot receive or send email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot receive or send email: Since the latest update for windows 10, I cannot receive or send email from my BT account. Microsoft has to be the worst operating system ever sold. Thank goodness for the internet, as I can gain access to my account online. I need this operating system fixed....
  4. Send and receive error in Outlook 2016.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Send and receive error in Outlook 2016.: Windows 10 did an update in August and ever since then, I am getting error messages for sending and receiving e-mails in Outlook and anytime I try to do something, I have to enter my password. I have tried to reconfigure the e-mail, and set up a new account. but now it...
  5. Cannot Send Emails - Only Receiving

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Send Emails - Only Receiving: I cannot send emails through my Windows Mail App. I have removed and added my gmail account twice. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Windows Mail app using the powershell run code to remove it. I have looked on community forums and no resolutions have worked for me. This is...
  6. SENDING EMAILS ON OUTLOOK

in Windows 10 Customization
    SENDING EMAILS ON OUTLOOK: OK how do I get Windows10 to let me send emails through outlook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  7. Cannot send or receive emails in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot send or receive emails in Windows 10: I thought maybe I had too many large files so I deleted things I did not need. Had not received email since Jan 3, but then about 23 emails came in. So I thought things were getting repaired, but I could still not send any gmail. I receive and send gmail fine on my phone,...
  8. CAN'T SEND EMAILS BUT CAN RECEIVE EMAILS OUTLOOK

in Windows 10 Customization
    CAN'T SEND EMAILS BUT CAN RECEIVE EMAILS OUTLOOK: I CAN NOT SEND EMAILS FROM MY OUTLOOK EMAIL BUT I CAN RECEIVE EMAILS FROM ANYWHERE. I'VE CHECKED THE SEVER PORT SETTINGS AND THEY'RE SET TO THE ONLY NUMBERS THAT MAIL CAN EVEN COME IN WHICH ARE INCOMING=143 OUTGOING=587. THESE SETTINGS WERE SENT TO ME BY WOWWAY EXPLAINING...
  9. Cannot send or receive email

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot send or receive email: I cannot access/use by Comcast email account. Outlook doesn't work either. icloud does not work. The 'Sync' function does not respond. I can connect to the internet (WiFi). Life was fine up to three days ago - I was typing a reply to an email, unintentionally hit a bunch of...
  10. OUTLOOK 365 does not send or receive emails

in Browsers and Email
    OUTLOOK 365 does not send or receive emails: I installed Win 10 today and everything works so far. Except Outlook 365. I open it and go to send and receive email but I get the following error: :error 0x800cc1a Your server does not support the encryption type you have specified. try changing the encryption method....