Windows 10: Auto Wakes From Sleep / USB Connection Sound

Discus and support Auto Wakes From Sleep / USB Connection Sound in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I think these issues are connected. For one, when I restart my computer (sometimes) there is the sound W10 makes when you connect or disconnect a USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JustJW, Dec 19, 2019.

1. JustJW Win User

Auto Wakes From Sleep / USB Connection Sound

I think these issues are connected.

For one, when I restart my computer (sometimes) there is the sound W10 makes when you connect or disconnect a USB device. It happens over and over.

I stop it by either letting it go and it tires itself out or disconnecting and reconnecting my KB. It doesn't happen on returning from sleep, only fresh reboot.

The other, and I suspect related, issue is that my computer will wake itself from sleep randomly.

I have made some changes to my system including a new keyboard and associated icue software. I do suspect it but I stopped it from running on startup and no change. I changed my power settings so nothing can wake it from sleep. I'm not sure what else to try at this point. Any help is appreciated.

:)

JustJW, Dec 19, 2019
  2. JustJW Win User

I think these issues are connected.

For one, when I restart my computer (sometimes) there is the sound W10 makes when you connect or disconnect a USB device. It happens over and over.

I stop it by either letting it go and it tires itself out or disconnecting and reconnecting my KB. It doesn't happen on returning from sleep, only fresh reboot.

The other, and I suspect related, issue is that my computer will wake itself from sleep randomly.

I have made some changes to my system including a new keyboard and associated icue software. I do suspect it but I stopped it from running on startup and no change. I changed my power settings so nothing can wake it from sleep. I'm not sure what else to
    try at this point. Any help is appreciated.

JustJW, Jan 6, 2020
  3. JustJW Win User

Thanks for your reply!

My windows is up to date. My device manager is clear of errors.

Regarding the connecting sound there was only 1 outdated driver for my motherboard, realtek, which I took care of and it hasn't done it since. So that's good news.

I haven't tested whether that has any effect on the sleep issue because it wakes my wife up and she gets cranky. I'll test it over the winter break though and report back.

edited: unimportant

JustJW, Jan 6, 2020
  4. kobib Win User

Device Connect Sound when wake up from sleep

Hi

Since i clean installed a windows 10 on my laptop , every time that the pc come up from sleep i hear a single Device connect sound.
    I can't find what hardware change causing it.
    1. I updated all the drivers and checked the power management options
    • Dispaly drivers to both graphic cards
    • Network Lan and Wireless adapters
    • All Usb Adapters

2. run sfs scan
    3. watched with usbdeview program for changes
    4. scanned the event log

still a can't figure out what causing the connect sound.

2 things that i notice on wake up:
    1. sometimes the screen stays black for 1,2 seconds more then usual
    2. the clock and date on the taskbar appears later then other icons

I am fighting with that for almost a week , please if anyone have another ideas what to do besides turning off the DevideConnect sound

kobib, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Auto Wakes From Sleep / USB Connection Sound - Similar Threads - Auto Wakes Sleep

2. System not waking from Sleep if connected to LAN

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System not waking from Sleep if connected to LAN: I am facing below issue continuously. System not waking from sleep If it was connected to LAN when I put the system in to sleep.Once the system went to sleep I can see the lights on power button blinking for few seconds and then it got turned off.After this if I press the...
  3. System not waking from Sleep if connected to LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System not waking from Sleep if connected to LAN: I am facing below issue continuously. System not waking from sleep If it was connected to LAN when I put the system in to sleep.Once the system went to sleep I can see the lights on power button blinking for few seconds and then it got turned off.After this if I press the...
  4. System not waking from Sleep if connected to LAN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No sound after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound after waking up from sleep: I just clean installed my windows 10, and I have been dealing with this issue with the sound on both my monitor with built in speakers would be gone after waking up from sleep mode. To be clear: I have 2 monitors with built in speakers, one connected to my hdmi and another...
  6. Auto-restart after wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-restart after wake up from sleep mode: My computer will 100% crash and restart after waking up from sleep mode. I have tried changing the PSU, set disk turnoff time to never and run sfc/ scannow. I am trying to access the minidump file, but there is none in the folder. Could anyone help me with this situation....
  7. disable auto lock on waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    disable auto lock on waking from sleep: disable auto lock on waking from sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-auto-lock-on-waking-from-sleep/8ca16e36-cc92-4409-bbf8-62f786b3c262
  8. Device Connect Sound when wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Connect Sound when wake up from sleep: Hi Since i clean installed a windows 10 on my laptop , every time that the pc come up from sleep i hear a single Device connect sound. I can't find what hardware change causing it. 1. I updated all the drivers and checked the power management options Dispaly drivers to both...
  9. No Sound on Wake from Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound on Wake from Sleep: I'm using an ASUS Xonar DSX sound card running the latest UNi Xonar driver. Whenever I wake my computer up from sleep, I don't get any sound from my speakers until I change the Analog Out destination in the Xonar DSX Audio Center application. My sound works perfectly...
  10. Computer Sleeps/Wakes fine manually, but won't wake from auto-sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Sleeps/Wakes fine manually, but won't wake from auto-sleep: Hello, My motherboard is a P8Z77-V, with Gigabyte 7950 video card, if that matters. I did the windows 10 upgrade, and all seems well, except waking from Standby. If I go into start menu, and choose sleep, everything spins down, and the computer shuts itself off. I am...