Windows 10: Autocomplete/Custom Tab Completion For W10?

Discus and support Autocomplete/Custom Tab Completion For W10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a way, or a program that i can use for autocomplete on w10? For example on my android phone in google keyboards' settings i can do something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AltRight, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Autocomplete/Custom Tab Completion For W10?

Is there a way, or a program that i can use for autocomplete on w10? For example on my android phone in google keyboards' settings i can do something like this, for example:

OMW → On my way

Or alternatively using the command line in linux i can press tab to autocomplete some commands; ie. pressing tab when you have typed "cd ~/D" then press tab it fills out to "cd ~/Downloads"

submitted by /u/AltRight
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AltRight, Jun 3, 2020

2. Microsoft Mail- Autocomplete

Hi StanFeinsod,

Greetings, I'm glad to follow up this thread for you, based on your description,
    if you want to remove entries from the AutoComplete cache, you can try the following steps to get this goal.

1. Open a new email message.
    2. Type the first few characters of the AutoComplete entry that you want to remove.
    3. When the entry appears in the list of suggested names, move your mouse pointer over the name until it becomes highlighted, but do not click the name.
    4. There will be "X" icon appears next to the highlighted name, click X to remove the name from the auto-complete list.

Autocomplete/Custom Tab Completion For W10? 72852c81-13c6-40ba-912a-44449b202c4b?upload=true.png

In addition, you can also try to empty Auto-Complete List if you need. Please see:

Information about the Outlook AutoComplete list

Regards,

Bryan

Bryan Cheng MSFT, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Edit metadata autocomplete list for pictures/music files

I cannot find a way to delete/edit the autocomplete list displayed when editing the metadata on pictures. I get a list of previous entries (some of which are just plain junk) and would like to delete those as suggestions. I tried the steps with the following
    link and did not have any success. I do not have a AUTOCOMPLETE listing under "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer".

The locked thread for a similar question under Windows Vista:

Edit autocomplete drop-down list for genre metadata in music files

Thanks,

Brian

Brian Z. Patton, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Deb240 Win User

Autocomplete/Custom Tab Completion For W10?

autocomplete list in windows 10 mail app

How do I remove an address in the autocomplete list in the Windows 10 mail app? I have a name that appears in the autocomplete list that I don't see in my Peoples app; thus I'm not able to delete the name by going to the Peoples app. The suggested autocomplete
    address is no longer an active address thus I would like it removed from the autocomplete list.

Deb240, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Autocomplete/Custom Tab Completion For W10?

1. Autocomplete/Custom Tab Completion For W10? - Similar Threads - Autocomplete Custom Tab

2. Contacts not autocompleting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Contacts not autocompleting.: Some of my contacts are not autocompleting. They do not come up when I start to type in a name. I’ve tried to add new contacts with the same information, but it still won’t come up....
  3. Widget tab & customization of it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widget tab & customization of it.: Is there a way to completely remove all of the news articles from the widget tab on Windows 11? I tried using the interest customization thing to block every interest listed, yet upon refreshing the page they were all unblocked. I tried uninstalling the "Windows News" app,...
  4. Widget tab & customization of it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Widget tab & customization of it.: Is there a way to completely remove all of the news articles from the widget tab on Windows 11? I tried using the interest customization thing to block every interest listed, yet upon refreshing the page they were all unblocked. I tried uninstalling the "Windows News" app,...
  5. Is there a program in windows 10 that autocompletes a word if you press tab?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a program in windows 10 that autocompletes a word if you press tab?: Does it support multi language and works in ms word? submitted by /u/DerpyPlayz18 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kp4qgf/is_there_a_program_in_windows_10_that/
  6. W10 Customize system Properties

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 Customize system Properties: Hello, I have a question, is it ok to change or customize the system properties of a windows operating system? like its manufacturer, support and also a customize added logo? did I violate any rules and regulations of Microsoft? btw my windows is licensed. thanks for...
  7. W10 Mail APP AutoComplete not working the same as Outlook.com

W10 Mail APP AutoComplete not working the same as Outlook.com: W10 Mail APP AutoComplete not working the same as Outlook.com. This changed about 2 months ago. Contacted support online and don't think they understood the question. When using Outlook.com and typing the first letter of a name, multiple choices appear. When MAIL app and...
  8. email autocomplete

email autocomplete: I changed an email address in People however in Mail the old address keeps coming up first. How do eliminate it so the new correct address comes up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-autocomplete/2ca32f80-3e4b-48cf-b025-2b0d779ba2cb
  9. W10 Custom installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 Custom installation: Hey, I've been looking for this for a while with no success, I can't find exactly what I want. Is there a way to create a bootable and installable iso of the current state of the system (with all my programs and settings) Installable like I would install a regular Windows...
  10. W10 Custom installation

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Custom installation: Hey, I've been looking for this for a while with no success, I can't find exactly what I want. Is there a way to create a bootable and installable iso of the current state of the system (with all my programs and settings) Installable like I would install a regular Windows...