Windows 10: Autocomplete not working in Windows 10 Email Program

Discus and support Autocomplete not working in Windows 10 Email Program in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When i am surfing through Edge i find articles that i want to send to people. i click on the drop down menu on the top right corner and choose share.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kpmitch, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Kpmitch Win User

Autocomplete not working in Windows 10 Email Program

When i am surfing through Edge i find articles that i want to send to people. i click on the drop down menu on the top right corner and choose share. When i do the Windows 10 email program pops a box up and i start typing my email but it does not autocomplete. It says it is using my exchange account email address that has all my contacts in it but it does not autocomplete. i realize the pop up is not my Outlook exchange program poping up. If you could show me how to get my Outlook exchange program linked to Edge to pop up that would work as well. All i am looking for is Autocomplete when i choose an article to share from a page in Edge

:)

Kpmitch, Aug 21, 2020
  2. Deb240 Win User

autocomplete list in windows 10 mail app

How do I remove an address in the autocomplete list in the Windows 10 mail app? I have a name that appears in the autocomplete list that I don't see in my Peoples app; thus I'm not able to delete the name by going to the Peoples app. The suggested autocomplete
    address is no longer an active address thus I would like it removed from the autocomplete list.

Deb240, Aug 21, 2020
  3. ml_563 Win User
    How do I remove an address in the autocomplete list in the Windows 10 mail app

How do I remove an address in the autocomplete list in the Windows 10 mail app? I have a name that appears in the autocomplete list that I don't see in my Peoples app; thus I'm not able to delete the
    name by going to the Peoples app. The suggested autocomplete address was
    merely misspelled by someone thus I NEED to remove it from the autocomplete list. Thank you.

ml_563, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Autocomplete not working in Windows 10 Email Program

Microsoft Mail- Autocomplete

Hi StanFeinsod,

Greetings, I'm glad to follow up this thread for you, based on your description,
    if you want to remove entries from the AutoComplete cache, you can try the following steps to get this goal.

1. Open a new email message.
    2. Type the first few characters of the AutoComplete entry that you want to remove.
    3. When the entry appears in the list of suggested names, move your mouse pointer over the name until it becomes highlighted, but do not click the name.
    4. There will be "X" icon appears next to the highlighted name, click X to remove the name from the auto-complete list.

Autocomplete not working in Windows 10 Email Program 72852c81-13c6-40ba-912a-44449b202c4b?upload=true.png

In addition, you can also try to empty Auto-Complete List if you need. Please see:

Information about the Outlook AutoComplete list

Regards,

Bryan

Bryan Cheng MSFT, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Autocomplete not working in Windows 10 Email Program

1. Autocomplete not working in Windows 10 Email Program - Similar Threads - Autocomplete working Email

2. Is there a program in windows 10 that autocompletes a word if you press tab?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a program in windows 10 that autocompletes a word if you press tab?: Does it support multi language and works in ms word? submitted by /u/DerpyPlayz18 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kp4qgf/is_there_a_program_in_windows_10_that/
  3. Email Attachments on Windows 10 email program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email Attachments on Windows 10 email program: Hi there I have recently started using the mail program within windows 10 for my emails. Previously I was using outlook 2010. I can not receive any attachments through this program, I have had to resort to going into my emails on my internet providers webmail program where...
  4. Windows 10 Tag - Autocomplete on System SSD works, on second HDD not works

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Tag - Autocomplete on System SSD works, on second HDD not works: Hi, I have this strange issue with tags. I have a lot of photo to tags, I'm working on it. If photos are on primary SSD, where SO is installed, I can click a single letter to choose from previous tags I already used. If photos are in second HDD, I can't have the autocomplete...
  5. Remove/delete incorrect email addresses in autocomplete email box in windows mail

Remove/delete incorrect email addresses in autocomplete email box in windows mail: simple question should get a simple answer[ we will see] --- Question : i have an incorrectly completed email address in autocomplete email box which continues to show up along side the corrected version ----- how do i remove these mistakes from autocomplete in windows mail...
  6. Email links not working in Earthlink Email program

in Browsers and Email
    Email links not working in Earthlink Email program: I have Vietnam Vet friend in AK, he tells me that when I send him an email with a hyperlink in it, he cannot get it to work immediately. However, if he comes back to it later in the day it will work. He uses Firefox as his browser and VLC for audio & video. I have to save...
  7. Email links not working in Earthlink Email program

in Windows 10 Support
    Email links not working in Earthlink Email program: I have Vietnam Vet friend in AK, he tells me that when I send him an email with a hyperlink in it, he cannot get it to work immediately. However, if he comes back to it later in the day it will work. He uses Firefox as his browser and VLC for audio & video. I have to save...
  8. Default Email Association Program windows 10 Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default Email Association Program windows 10 Not Working: I have tried for ever to be able to email a photo from "photos" windows explorer, I've tried changing the default app in settings with no luck, what am I doing wrong?? can you help me with any sugestions...
  9. Why is email address autocomplete not working in Windows 10 mail app?

Why is email address autocomplete not working in Windows 10 mail app?: Hi there, I have recently started using Windows 10 mail app and I have already responded to someone, I then went to send a new email to the same person, their email address didn't auto-populate, why and how to resolve as I cannot find any options to select this feature....
  10. email autocomplete

email autocomplete: I changed an email address in People however in Mail the old address keeps coming up first. How do eliminate it so the new correct address comes up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-autocomplete/2ca32f80-3e4b-48cf-b025-2b0d779ba2cb