Windows 10: Autoconfiguration ipv4 address

Discus and support Autoconfiguration ipv4 address in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I static an windows 10 pro pc IP address at my job and when I check command prompt, I still get Autoconfiguration ipv4 address 169.254.254.154... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by louismedina1, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Autoconfiguration ipv4 address

I static an windows 10 pro pc IP address at my job and when I check command prompt, I still get Autoconfiguration ipv4 address 169.254.254.154 (preferred) showing instead of the IP address I assigned manually. is there a way to stop the Autoconfiguration ipv4 address?

:)

louismedina1, Sep 28, 2018

2. Invalid IP address via USB tether or Wi-Fi, IPv4 autoconfiguration

Solution:
    I found the solution for me. I had 169.254.x.x and also a static IP address simultaneously on the same NIC. That's really not possible or valid. I tried DHCP and then back to static and couldn't fix it. I ended up setting an IP address on that NIC 192.168.1.111 and then going to advanced and adding a second IP address 192.168.1.222 to have two IP addresses on the same NIC. This somehow pushed out the DHCP Autoconfiguration. I then set my NIC back to DHCP and that solved that issue. I then set my NIC back to a static IP address which is what I wanted in the end and it solved the double conundrum of DHCP and static simultaneously on the same NIC issue as well as DHCP not working properly by handing out an autoconfiguration IP address of 169.254.x.x on the same NIC. DHCP works now. Static works now.
    -miletx.com

miletx com, Sep 28, 2018
  3. Aussie140 Win User
    Invalid IP address via USB tether or Wi-Fi, IPv4 autoconfiguration

Gday, I've seen a few threads about this but most resolutions I've seen have been tried to no avail.

So laptop has been connecting via USB tether(android phone) without issue until this week, and our other laptop still connects via that phone so no issue there.

Via USB tether the network that appears is called "Ethernet 2" or via Wi-Fi it's "My Hotspot", both, connected separately or together are both constantly "identifying" and both do not get fixed by Windows troubleshoot and return "could not fix, invalid IP address.

Both show an IPv4 Autoconfigured IP address of 169.254.x.x, we've tried Command Prompt ipconfig release and renew, disabling/enabling adapters, setting IPAutoconfigure value to 0 in Registry Edit, setting a static IP to 192.168.x.x, amongst others.

Does anyone have anything to suggest for a solution?

Your advice is appreciated in advance!

Thanks *Smile

Aussie140, Sep 28, 2018
  4. avi12641 Win User

Autoconfiguration ipv4 address

avi12641, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

Autoconfiguration ipv4 address

1. Autoconfiguration ipv4 address - Similar Threads - Autoconfiguration ipv4 address

2. my pc is not automatically assigning an ipv4 address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my pc is not automatically assigning an ipv4 address: it does assign one at startup. but it just disappears after 5 seconds after booting upwhen i hover my mouse over my ethernet connection on the taskbar it says there's 2 network connection'sit says there is internet but there's not i cant access itnetworknetwork 2when this...
  3. Ping gives the wrong IPv4 address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping gives the wrong IPv4 address: Hi. I am studying Active directory. I created a virtual lab to experiment for the couse I am studying.I am using Oracle VM 6.1 and I created 2 virtual machine. One where I installed Windows server 2019 and one wher eI installed Windows7 my laptop cannot run anything bigger...
  4. Ping gives the wrong IPv4 address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ping gives the wrong IPv4 address: Hi. I am studying Active directory. I created a virtual lab to experiment for the couse I am studying.I am using Oracle VM 6.1 and I created 2 virtual machine. One where I installed Windows server 2019 and one wher eI installed Windows7 my laptop cannot run anything bigger...
  5. WIFI autoconfiguration

WIFI autoconfiguration: We have set up a corporate wifi managed by GPO witch 802.11x for corporate PC to connect automatically, as per the picture [ATTACH] However the Windows 10 PC doesn't connect automatically. The Wifi shows up and if selected by the user it connects without problem, apart...
  6. Windows not showing ethernet Ipv4 address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows not showing ethernet Ipv4 address: I want to play minecraft on lan and i can't connect to server without ethernet Ipv4 address. I researched in cmd, it not showing. I tried and in setting of ethernet, but there also not showing address. What me do?...
  7. How do I disable ipv4 autoconfiguration

How do I disable ipv4 autoconfiguration: I did this but it did not work and only disabled DHCP so no network To fix it, enter this from Command Prompt: C:\Users\Administrator> netsh interface ipv4 show inter result as: Idx Met MTU State Name --- ---------- ---------- ------------...
  8. Autoconfiguration IPv4 Windows 10 169.254.xxx.xxx

in Windows 10 Customization
    Autoconfiguration IPv4 Windows 10 169.254.xxx.xxx: The past two days I've been going in huge circles trying to resolve Autoconfiguration IPv4 Windows 10 169.254.xxx.xxx, I'm currently running Win 10 Pro x64, version 10.0.18362 Build 18362. Normally my Ethernet adapter has a static address. When I get the failure on my desktop...
  9. Disable Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address?

Disable Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address?: All the IP addresses on my home network are static, so why does IPCONFIG /ALL show the following additional IP address on the same Ethernet adapter: Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address (169.254.221.46(Preferred)?...
  10. Invalid IP address via USB tether or Wi-Fi, IPv4 autoconfiguration

Invalid IP address via USB tether or Wi-Fi, IPv4 autoconfiguration: Gday, I've seen a few threads about this but most resolutions I've seen have been tried to no avail. So laptop has been connecting via USB tether(android phone) without issue until this week, and our other laptop still connects via that phone so no issue there. Via USB...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 autoconfiguration ipv4 address