Windows 10: Autoconfigured IP through DNS in Windows 10

Discus and support Autoconfigured IP through DNS in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; TL;DR But for future reference, if I don't have access to a router, how do I bypass "Autoconfigured" on the Windows 10 side? Windows 10 20H2 I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheTanadu, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Autoconfigured IP through DNS in Windows 10

TL;DR

But for future reference, if I don't have access to a router, how do I bypass "Autoconfigured" on the Windows 10 side?

Windows 10 20H2

I have a question about disabling the "Autoconfigured" functionality for the IP address I get from DHCP. I already explain the "case".

I have a newly installed fiber optic in home, but one of the computers had a problem connecting to the WiFi network. At first I got the info "Could not connect to the network".

Then when I poked/waited a while, it connected, but without internet. When I entered the CLI it turned out that I have an IP address configured automatically, but it points to 169.254.xxx.xxx (link local range). I was a bit puzzled and altogether I gave up searching for the answer, because the DHCP server seemed to be properly done (range /24 192.168.100.1) on the router. But something took me to check again and there was a tiny option checked "Option125" - after googling what it is, it occurred to me that this is what configures "auto config". After disabling the option on the router everything started to work.

submitted by /u/TheTanadu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheTanadu, Jan 27, 2021

2. Windows 10 DNS leak

No, went with a different 3rd party suggestion. Works better. I'm reliant on others for my tech needs that way.

the54thvoid, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Autoconfiguration ipv4 address

I static an windows 10 pro pc IP address at my job and when I check command prompt, I still get Autoconfiguration ipv4 address 169.254.254.154 (preferred) showing instead of the IP address I assigned manually. is there a way to stop the Autoconfiguration
    ipv4 address?

louismedina1, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Autoconfigured IP through DNS in Windows 10

DNS problems with router

A couple suggestions I have for you:

Update the firmware on the router. Maybe it's getting into a badstate, and a firmware update might fix it. Or if you're comfortable with it, install a custom firmware like dd-wrt. Just make sure its supported on your router first.

Change your DNS to: 8.8.8.8, 4.2.2.1. Might help.

If none of these work, maybe statically set your DNS on your PS3/PC to the IPs you listed, taking the router out of the lookup procedure.

Last option, is look for a new router.

Hybrid_theory, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Autoconfigured IP through DNS in Windows 10

1. Autoconfigured IP through DNS in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Autoconfigured through DNS

2. DNS server automatically changes to manual DNS and assigns a DNS server IP by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS server automatically changes to manual DNS and assigns a DNS server IP by itself: DNS settings in Laptop wifi adaptor gets changed automatically to manual DNS and assigns local DNS server IP by itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-automatically-changes-to-manual-dns-and/fc65e86e-d189-40ef-8776-c691d61a6adc
  3. DNS server automatically changes to manual DNS and assigns a DNS server IP by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS server automatically changes to manual DNS and assigns a DNS server IP by itself: DNS settings in Laptop wifi adaptor gets changed automatically to manual DNS and assigns local DNS server IP by itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-automatically-changes-to-manual-dns-and/fc65e86e-d189-40ef-8776-c691d61a6adc
  4. Redirect DNS query based on IP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Redirect DNS query based on IP: Hi Everyone,I need help regarding the MS DNS server.I have 3 DNS servers in our organization. There are 2 groups in our environment, one is internal user and other are guest and temporary users.Is there a way we can resolve queries based on IP. For example internal user...
  5. Redirect DNS query based on IP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Redirect DNS query based on IP: Hi Everyone,I need help regarding the MS DNS server.I have 3 DNS servers in our organization. There are 2 groups in our environment, one is internal user and other are guest and temporary users.Is there a way we can resolve queries based on IP. For example internal user...
  6. WIFI autoconfiguration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI autoconfiguration: We have set up a corporate wifi managed by GPO witch 802.11x for corporate PC to connect automatically, as per the picture [ATTACH] However the Windows 10 PC doesn't connect automatically. The Wifi shows up and if selected by the user it connects without problem, apart...
  7. IP, DNS, confussion

IP, DNS, confussion: Why do I get a different ip address showing on different network scanner apps? I’ve looked up the addresses in Whois and all I’m getting back is this is a private address. I don’t understand how they differ from apps. Now DNS this just goes straight over my head. I just...
  8. GPO to Hide only the DNS IP in TCP/IP Properties

GPO to Hide only the DNS IP in TCP/IP Properties: Hi, Is there a way to hide or disabled and not giving the user the privileges to change the DNS IP settings in TCP/IP properties. Can GPO be used in this case. Regards, Saras Chander.E...
  9. Autoconfiguration ipv4 address

Autoconfiguration ipv4 address: I static an windows 10 pro pc IP address at my job and when I check command prompt, I still get Autoconfiguration ipv4 address 169.254.254.154 (preferred) showing instead of the IP address I assigned manually. is there a way to stop the Autoconfiguration ipv4 address?...
  10. Invalid IP address via USB tether or Wi-Fi, IPv4 autoconfiguration

Invalid IP address via USB tether or Wi-Fi, IPv4 autoconfiguration: Gday, I've seen a few threads about this but most resolutions I've seen have been tried to no avail. So laptop has been connecting via USB tether(android phone) without issue until this week, and our other laptop still connects via that phone so no issue there. Via USB...